Team vs Port Vale

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Team vs Port Vale

I hope that Graz makes a few bold moves following last week's disappointing result vs. Accrington. In particular I would like to see us give Cox another chance at full back in place of Parkes, and Holmes up front with Izzy. Also not sure if Dennehy is worth a try given our ongoing defensive issues. I would like to see:-

-------------------O'Brien------------------

Cox------Devera------Dennehy----Leach-

-Deering-----Byrne----Hughes----Marshall

---------------Holmes----McLeod------------

Subs: Walker, Kamdjo, Stirling, Pulis, Midson, Stimson, Taylor
Golf Delta

Re: Team vs Port Vale

I would like to see:-

-------------------O'Brien------------------

Stirling------Devera------Dennehy----Leach-

-Deering-----Byrne----Hughes----Marshall

---------------Midson----McLeod------------

Subs: Walker, Kamdjo, Cox, Jarvis, Holmes, Stimson, Taylor

However much I'd like to see Dennehy start, I think it's unlikely and we'll be stuck with Parkes at LB with Leach in the middle. I think Holmes has more of an impact as a sub, he's generally disappointed when he's started.
Last edited by Golf Delta on 05 May 2011, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
lfolfo

chances of Cox playing are close to zero and I wouldn't imagine Dennehy is anywhere near fit enough. So will be Stirling hopefully ahead of Kamdjo and Parkes on the left-let's hope he can get on the ball as he's a liability without it!
meden_820

Dennehy has been out for almost the whole season, can't see Graz chucking him in to a relegation decider with zero game time behind him, I do wonder how much better our defence wouldve fared with him and Joe as our centre backs, guess we might never find out.

----------------------------------O'Brien----------------------------------------------
Stirling Devera Leach Parkes

Deering Byrne Hughes Marshall

Midson Mcleod

Stirling, while not being brilliant, is less error prone than Clovis, and obviously gives us an extra attacking dimension. Midson and Mcleod worked really well at Gillingham, see no reason to change it, Holmes to replace Mark Hughes in the last half an hour if we are chasing it and stick 3 strikers up with Deering, Byrne and Marshall joining in
PBBee

I agree with your team meden and I think that is what will happen.

Has anyone else felt the last month has been very similar to what Grimsby did last year but fell at the final hurdle?
jamiefrbees

Reason to change it might be that Midson and McLeod worked less well together at Accrington...

Having said that, I don't think we have any better options though Holmes, with some more match practise, would certainly get the nod from me. Still think he will be a class player.

Agree Stirling, with his experience, for sure ahead of Kamdjo. Plus the throws...
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
meden_820

Ive had exactly that feeling for the last few weeks PBBee, cant help thinking we might ve left it a week or two late to start clawing it back. Ive got a feeling it's going to go down to the final few minutes on Saturday, with one of us or Lincoln frantically chasing a winner, or desperately clinging on!
djhdjh

We cannot be considering playing without a big striker on the field who can win the ball in the air, especially against a physical Port Vale team. We struggled very badly to keep hold of the ball up front without one against Oxford and that probably cost us the win because we kept giving the ball away. Midson has to start.

As for Stirling if we want to play him because he's more solid than Kamdjo then that's fine and I think he is probably preferable but I don't think the throws issue is relevant, Byrne can provide that option if necessary.
BEE428

meden_820 wrote:Dennehy has been out for almost the whole season, can't see Graz chucking him in to a relegation decider with zero game time behind him, I do wonder how much better our defence wouldve fared with him and Joe as our centre backs, guess we might never find out.

----------------------------------O'Brien----------------------------------------------
Stirling Devera Leach Parkes

Deering Byrne Hughes Marshall

Midson Mcleod

Stirling, while not being brilliant, is less error prone than Clovis, and obviously gives us an extra attacking dimension. Midson and Mcleod worked really well at Gillingham, see no reason to change it, Holmes to replace Mark Hughes in the last half an hour if we are chasing it and stick 3 strikers up with Deering, Byrne and Marshall joining in
Assides from keeping a close eye on Stirling, this would be my starting line up. I want to see blood, sweat and tears. Also I reckon a packed Underhill should help focus the players minds.
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
jamiefrbees

There are long throws, and then there are huge throws..
Stirling's throws are more dangerous than Byrne's in my opinion, still not a huge factor in any starting decision...
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
jonbonbaby

we need experience at the back for this game so stirling has to start in my opinion plus he adds another danger from corners and free kicks as well as his long throws.Stimson to score the winner to keep us up? :geahh: Drink2:
squeeze90

Golf Delta wrote:I think it's unlikely and we'll be stuck with Parkes at LB with Leach in the middle.
Being stuck with Leach in the middle isn't a bad thing at the moment! I'm still undecided on Parkes. He's probably one of the most technically gifted players at the club, yet doesn't stand out at left back. We defo need to find a better place for him to play next season because he is a real asset to the club. Just probably not a left back.
kingoffootball

Given that Lincoln's rookie keeper isn't too hot with his handling, I'd play Stirling.
I know he can throw it a long way, but surely not that far!

[edit]
And I still think Dennehy could start
Three-time Conference champions
Golf Delta

Ooops, my brain is completely frazzled and it's only Thursday! :geahh:
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
kingpinfid

Stirling is a must. Kamdjo may be more mobile, but a back five of O'Brien/Walker, Kamdjo, Devera, Leach and Parkes lacks a leader. In my opinion we need someone who will talk to the rest of the defence for the whole 90 minutes - particularly if we go a goal down.

Stirling is the most natural leader at the back that we have available.