Wingate playoff match

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
natwilk

Wingate playoff match

Wingate and Finchley are at home to Harlow Town on Tuesday night at 7.45 in the Ryman league North Playoff semi final.

Come and support the Blues!
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
MajorBrownEye

Re: Wingate playoff match

Is it all ticket?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
natwilk

I seriously doubt it. A good crowd is one in three figures!
MajorBrownEye

I was being sarcastic.

I remember going there as a kid, it was something silly like 50p to get in and 5 or 10p for a programme. I have a vague memory of handing over my one pound note and getting 50p change and TWO programmes. It made my day.

The attendance increased in the second half when the beat copper would pass by and catch the end of the game.

I also saw an all star 11 team play there including such illustrious characters as Benny from Grange Hill.

Sorry, I shan't be flying back to witness their glory.

I think the lure of the Barcelona Real Madrid 2nd leg may outshadow this fixture.
Doyley

Doubt you would be allowed in anyway, considering you were thrown out the directors box on a previous visit MBE
Yachtsman

I'm sure that Finchley and Harlow will contest their play off semi final in a much better spirit than the Spanish thug-fest on the same evening
JohnH
jamiefrbees

*Message Content Deleted*

Jamie, there was no need for that.
Last edited by Mikel Bee on 02 May 2011, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
MajorBrownEye

Doyley. Errrrrr what? Memory gap?

Jamie. That's fighting talk sonny. Good job I'm not Spanish!
becbee

Shame this thread got side-tracked by sarcasm and irrelevancy. To get back to the initial post, good luck to Wingate and Finchley and yes, it would be good if lots of Barnet fans could go and support them. It would make a nice change to watch a local team being successful!
Doyley

You, me and Soli vs Sittingbourne (the sitting ducks) decided as there was no one in there we would sit there, some old boy steward then asked us to move, you remember number plates from 25 years ago, but not this !
John Hunt

I have never particularly found Finchley to be a friendly club to be honest. I like to see local teams do well, and get over to see Hendon play as often as i can. I shall be cheering on Harrow who have strong Barnet connections on Tuesday in their play off at Tonbridge Angels. Good Luck David Howells, Kenny Charlery, Danny Hart, Sam Matthewson and all.

And they may be our neighbours one day !
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Reckless

Although I have strong connections with Finchley, born there, lived there, married there, my old man was a supporter, first ever Curry in the Shilalipi, etc etc I too shall be supporting Dave and Kenny at Harrow B. John, it is Howell without the "s", Howsey is not a guy to upset matey!
natwilk

W&F 4 Harlow 2 AET. Danny Brown, Leon Lalite and Lee Roache all playing for Harlow, and apparently Lee Gledhill is also there but wasn't in the squad today.

W&F at home to Brentwood in the final on Saturday, but I seem to have a prior engagement.
barnetpete

John, myself and a few other bees fans enjoyed an evening supporting Dave and the Harrow boys at Tonbridge. Unfortunately despite coming from 2 down in the first 15 minutes to take the tie to extra time Harrow made a defensive mistake mid way through the 2nd half of extra time to lose 3-2 in front of a crowd of 1128.

Harrow have one of, if not the, smallest budgets in the Ryman Prem (rumours of around £600p/w compared to the big guns such as Tonbridge and others that have £5/6k+) which makes the achievements of Harrow to mix it with the big boys, produce good entertaining football, score goals by the hatfull (leagues top scorers) even more remarkable.

I've been saying it for ages and if we go down I will be saying it again David Howell and Ken Charlery should be highly considered for the management posts at Barnet FC.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
John Hunt

My mistake. Oops. It was a fantastic performance by Harrow, who dominated the game on a difficult pitch. Consensus was that the first Tonbridge goal was handball. They really put on a good show and Danny Hart had a good game. After the game David Howell, said how proud he was of his side, and they all came over to be consoled by their supporters. It really was a great advert for non league football.

Congratulations to Wingate and Finchley too. Tommy Salinger thoroughly enjoyed cheering them on to victory.

Echo the sentiments of Pete re Howell and Charlery, to succeed Graz and Lawrie consultant when they take over from Wenger.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926