Why

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mattybee2006

Re: Why

becbee

This isn't sour grapes but:

Thier pitch was surprisingly mostly in decent condition, just a few ruts in the middle. Yet pre-match and at half time they had the sprinklers on full pelt, consquently the pitch was muddy puddles in places. Surely doctoring the pitch to suit your team like that is at best poor sportsmanship?

The wind today didn't help at all but Accy clearly are the masters of hoof-ball. I hope for their sakes that they don't get promoted because they won't survive in L1 with their talentless style of play. OK so it beat us but it wouldn't work against better teams.
Mickbee

I'm sure Accrington are helped by being surrounded by League teams most from higher leagues, so when players are released from these teams they pick up their fair share. As already stated they play a more direct style, something we did to a degree of success under John Still (he's doing the same with Dagenham), trouble is the Chairman was under pressure from Supporters to change this and that's when the S**t hit the fan. It's far easier to form a team to play a direct style and be solid at the back (Stevenage) and have moderate success at this level. The writing was on the wall for a season of struggle when we had to build a team from scratch. Stimson's trouble was he tried to build a team to 'play football' . To be able to do that you need money to get the best of that type(Peterborough). He also forgot that side of the game when you haven't got the ball, a midfield with an average height of 5' 6" is just not going to be able to compete physically.. make no mistake we were handicaped by long term injuries to 3 centre halfs and are only striker of note early season.
barnetboy1

Forgive me if this sounds like a ramble,..I've had a couple of good glasses,but..
Look at the players we have brought through,brought in, and those that have enhanced the team,on loan, in the last few seasons,that we simply haven't been able to hold on to.

Imagine a side with Adomah.Puncheon,Nicky Bailey(hitting his peak),Simon King,Josh Wright,Tresor Kandol etc, etc.(apologies to those that don't spring to mind)

If,for example, Mauro Vilhete,bangs in 20 goals next season,he'll be off ,as quick as a dirty shirt,because we can't afford not to sell him.

Until we show the financial clout, to sustain quality players, then we will always be playing catchup.
PBBee

neil1972 wrote:
nbbbee wrote:Because when we have got decent players such as Ben Strevens we play them in the wrong position, as supporters we abuse them or at least don't give them the credit they deserve, they end up getting released and then scores two goals for Wycombe to help them into the automatic promotion position in the penultimate game of the season.

Spot on :gd:

I've seen good players at Barnet get so much abuse, its always seems to be from fat bald-headed blokes who can't run for a bus.....

Neil
I agree Underhill is full of fucking idiots and what's worse I've never seen them at an away game.