Grazioli's huge error today

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Grazioli's huge error today

Postby LoringBee » 17 Apr 2011, 20:37

Bury were better than us, simple as that. Having said that, I did think we showed them too much respect and sat back too much, inviting them to attack. Deering is excellent when attacking but he's also very good at defending from the front. Against Crewe whenever their defence/midfield got the ball they had Deering, Marshall, Kabba and McLeod immediately closing them down. Yesterday we didn't have that and Bury's midfielders were able to drop deep and dictate play without any of our players pressurising them. That's not the fault of individuals, Bury just adjusted to our tactics and made it work for them. We were luckless again though - three cleared off the line, one off the inside of the post and two decent penalty shouts.
LoringBee

Postby PBBee » 17 Apr 2011, 21:45

Totally agree about Deering Loringbee - I said it as soon as he wasn't in the starting line up in another thread (I think). It's as if the management hasn't noticed this as I can't believe last week he was taking off as he had been booked so therefore must have been injured.
PBBee

Postby grrgerald » 17 Apr 2011, 22:48

LoringBee wrote:Bury were better than us, simple as that. Having said that, I did think we showed them too much respect and sat back too much, inviting them to attack. Deering is excellent when attacking but he's also very good at defending from the front. Against Crewe whenever their defence/midfield got the ball they had Deering, Marshall, Kabba and McLeod immediately closing them down. Yesterday we didn't have that and Bury's midfielders were able to drop deep and dictate play without any of our players pressurising them. That's not the fault of individuals, Bury just adjusted to our tactics and made it work for them. We were luckless again though - three cleared off the line, one off the inside of the post and two decent penalty shouts.

HHMMM were you actually awake ? You do like a few zzzzzzzzzzzzzzssss !

Whoops yeh ok... Byrne in the hole behind the front two. Deering on the right and he has the ability to drift around and not get caught out of position.

Naff off Mrs Hendo !

Has anyone got an elephant gun ? Or maybe our favourite Aussie can out muscle Akinfenwa. Threaten the barstick with slimming pills ???
grrgerald

Postby Statto » 18 Apr 2011, 12:41

Deering would not have had to defend either move; having infinitely more talent than Southam and Fraser, the moves would have been snuffed out earlier
Statto

Postby b4life » 18 Apr 2011, 13:31

Spot on Statto
b4life

Previous

Return to General Barnet Chat