Glen Southam quoted in The Sun

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Los Angeles Bee

Glen Southam quoted in The Sun

BARNET skipper Glen Southam described boss Martin Allen's decision to quit for Notts County as 'a kick in the teeth'.
Allen, nicknamed Mad Dog, left the League Two strugglers yesterday after just 19 days to take over at Meadow Lane.

Southam added: "The boys are gutted. We felt under Martin we had a real chance of staying in the League."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -Bees.html
:mellow:
markobee

Re: Glen Southam quoted in The Sun

Probably just a ploy, to lure Bury into a sense of false confidence. :whistle:

COYB!
Dreamy

Los Angeles Bee wrote:BARNET skipper Glen Southam described boss Martin Allen's decision to quit for Notts County as 'a kick in the teeth'.
Allen, nicknamed Mad Dog, left the League Two strugglers yesterday after just 19 days to take over at Meadow Lane.

Southam added: "The boys are gutted. We felt under Martin we had a real chance of staying in the League."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -Bees.html
:mellow:
Really worried by that quote. Sounds like they don't believe staying up is possible now.
Mikel Bee

History repeating itself. I remember Ian Hendon, just as passionate about the club as Southam saying similar to the media the last time Allen left.
MajorBrownEye

Allen, 45, said: "I have to look after myself and my family."
45?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :laugh:

:fool:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
WhetstoneBee

Glen's been saying consistently all season that he genuinely believes we have the quality and ability to stay up. I'd be surprised if he is going back on that now. More likely than not The Sun taking a quote out of context. The next line could have been "But we've got just as good a chance of staying up under Graz."!
wonderbee

Seeing as Glen hasn't even been the on the pitch captain recently, and judging the repute of the paper, I strongly suspect that quote was plucked out of thin air.
montydog

markobee wrote:Probably just a ploy, to lure Bury into a sense of false confidence. :whistle:

COYB!
Don't believe everything you read in the papers. My dog doesn't :doh:
WhetstoneBee

Glen spoke to me today because he was unhappy at the way The Sun had, as I thought, taken this quote out of context. He did tell the paper that Allen leaving was a kick in the teeth - which I don't think anyone can argue with - but also repeated what he has said consistently in his programme notes this season: that we have a good team, shouldn't be in the position that we are and that he believes 100% we have what it takes to stay up. That has definitely not changed now and Glen was annoyed that The Sun had quoted him in a way that suggested it had. For what it's worth, The Sun journalist has apologised to him but he wanted supporters to know he has no doubts whatsoever about our ability to stay up and is fully committed to making sure we do.
John_Carp1

I imagine 'The Sun' journalists must alot a certain portion of each day to apologising to people they mis-represent.
Tony Kleanthous has not asked you your opinion on The Hive. This is because he doesn't care about your opinion. I think your opinion should matter.

Tony Kleanthous OUT.