Glass half full?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Jimbokav1971

Glass half full?

Much as the title suggests, although a little surprised, (yes I am old enough to know better), I am not completely disheartened by todays news.

Let's look at the facts rather letting our hearts rule our minds.

1. Without MA's 19 day stay we were dead and buried and relegated even before the end of the season.

2. We now have some sort of momentum, (that our 2 targets above us do not have at all).

3. While MA might have been the catalyst for this change in fortune, we have had the change in fortune and we have benefitted already to the tune of 7 points in 3 games. I'll tell you now I would have given a lot to take 7 points from a possible 9 from those last 3 games.

4. So now we have had the focussing of minds and the feel-good factor and the little run of good form, we now have a set-back that should hopefully pull the squad closer together and focus their minds once again, (at a time when they might have thought they were going to waltz away from relegation). Maybe this shock is just what they need to keem them focussed on the job at hand.

5. Despite how well we were doing under MA's brief spell, there were still many people with long memories who in the back of their minds, (some of them more to the fore of the back of their minds), who still struggled to fully support a team led by someone who had let us down so badly before. Now that he is gone and has been replaced by a proper club legend, (and that's not said lightly), then isn't this another positive?

6. Lastly, and this is the big thing for me...... Assuming that we would have survived relegation had MA remained at the club, and assuming that we will survive with Graz at the helm now, who would you rather be taking the club forward in the medium to long term? A bloke who despite obviously having some talent has left us in the lurch when it matters most and is likely to do so again given half a chance, or a bloke who might still be learning the job, but who has an attitude and ethos that we and the players can buy into?

I have heard MA on the radio this evening and I can sort of understand his point of view. (Please note that I say understand rather than agree with). Money is obviously an issue and to someone with his priorities and personal characteristics then a job at a club called County is just what he looking for, (and we can't be surprised that he has grabbed it with both hands). Had this been his first stint as Barnet Manager and the first time he had screwed us over, then I don't think we would be quite as..... impassioned, as we currently are. To my mind this is FAR more about the fact that he screwed us over before and we are annoyed at ourselves for falling into the trap a 2nd time, (because there is no doubting that on paper the County job looks a good one). What MA might find however is that what goes around comes around. Just as he walked out on us, (and then on Brentford), it can barely be a surprise that he did not get things quite his own way at Leicester and Cheltenham. Now he has another "abandonement" on his CV. Well for a manager who moaned and bleated today on the radio, telling us all his sob story about being out of work and bla bla bla bla bla, maybe he should just fully appreciate that what goes around comes around and while Barnet will get over this latest hurdle, I wonder how he will cope when he becomes the latest in a long line of recent managers deemed surplus to requirements at County.

Thanks for the 7 points out of 9 MA, now don't let the door hit you on the jacksey on the way out! :gd:
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
GRH

Re: Glass half full?

Great post Jimbo!

Can't find fault with any aspect of it.