Little things

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
b4life

Little things

It's amazing how such little things like those below suddenly appear to make a massive difference to how a team performs
Two Centre Backs who know what they are doing. Until Kamdjo went to right back on Saturday, Zola won absolutely everything, when Leach went to Centre Back, Zola won nothing and we looked completely secure at the back. IMO we have have missed Uddin a huge amount recently. Kamdjo is NOT a centre back, he does ok at right back and may be a better bet in midfield
Deering. Simply the best player on the pitch, Kabba included, although Kabba was FAB. He's class at this level and he's made the difference in midfield along with Byrne. Did anyone else think that Hughes was poor on Saturday? Almost everyone around me agreed.
Two fit forwards. Although Izale didn't have a great game, he still did ok. But the key thing was having two good forwards, something we've lacked in too many matches. All game, Burton were struggling to contain them both.
Martin Allen, love him or hate him, he's doing what's needed right now and whatever happens now, I want him managing Barnet next season whichever league we're in. I want some football fun!
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
jamiefrbees

Re: Little things

predominantly agree.

But I would argue Leach is just as error-prone as Kamdjo - aka their goal!!

Why people continue to dig at Hughes I dont know - one of our most passionate players. Saturday was a complete team performance.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
squeeze90

Kamdjo didn't go to right back on Sat, he was subbed for Parsons, but the point still remains - Devera and Leach were immense second half! However, as much as I rate Leach, I fear he may struggle against the pace of Crewe's forwards next Sat.

I don't think its a case of missing Uddin recently either. We've missed Dennehy and Leach all season. We should have been playing Devera and one of these two at the back all the season, but they both got injured and were never replaced by centre backs of a similar standard. Instead we played Kamdjo who is certainly not our best centre back. Likewise, in Jan, when Devera switched to centre back we had no recognised right back at the club so ended up playing guys out of position (Kamdjo, Parkes), which will inevitable unbalance the team. Only now we have Stirling, who is a right back, playing at right back, the defence looks much more assured.

Agree on Deering, Kabba, McLeod and Byrne. A Kabba-McLeod partnership is better than most league 1 forward partnerships! I didn't think Hughes was poor on saturday. Relatively speaking, Hughes was probably our worst performing player, but in a 4-1 win that isn't necessarily a bad thing - just means that everyone else played extremely well!

I want Martin Allen next season too. However, I fear that his response not to join in with celebrations is a sign that he doesn't want to get himself too involved so that he can put himself in a position whereby he doesn't have to sign on next season and walkaway without it being like leaving a long-term relationship. It would be a shame if he wasn't our manager next season.
pb1uk

Agreed with Deering, he was a class above the rest.
Kabba played very well obivously! Clinical finished, good hold up play and unlucky to have that goal in the first half ruled out. Can't really tell from the highlights of the bbc website, but Kamdjo didn't look offside (i presume he was one adjudged to have been).
McLeod did ok, was very unlucky with his shot that came off the bar.
Stirling was very good (apart from one jittery moment very early on), i think we need to pray on his long throws more often, maybe work on some rountines in training, they could be lethal!
Hughes wasn't great imo, but as said above, it's all relative ina 4-1 away win!

I too hope Allen stays next season regardless of league. It's great to see a manager with some real passion barking out the orders and kicking and heading every ball, magical stuff!
Dreamy

squeeze90 wrote:However, I fear that his response not to join in with celebrations is a sign that he doesn't want to get himself too involved so that he can put himself in a position whereby he doesn't have to sign on next season and walkaway without it being like leaving a long-term relationship. It would be a shame if he wasn't our manager next season.
He said after the game that he wanted the players to receive the accolades for the performance and not him. Agree that I hope he stays next season regardless of whether we are relegated or not.
Sam_BFC

squeeze90 wrote:Kamdjo didn't go to right back on Sat, he was subbed for Parsons, but the point still remains - Devera and Leach were immense second half! However, as much as I rate Leach, I fear he may struggle against the pace of Crewe's forwards next Sat.

I don't think its a case of missing Uddin recently either. We've missed Dennehy and Leach all season. We should have been playing Devera and one of these two at the back all the season, but they both got injured and were never replaced by centre backs of a similar standard. Instead we played Kamdjo who is certainly not our best centre back.
Agree with most of this, although I think Grant Basey did show at times that he is capable of being a class act at this level, although his performances did seem to go off the boil towards the end. A central defensive partnership of Devera and Basey would have been very good but I don't think Stimson ever tried this which is a shame.
jamiefrbees

I think its fairly obvious Allen not coming over was just the ultimate show of modesty and part of his theatrical demeanour.

Nothing to do with any short or long-term ties to the club.

Great decision not too as well.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?