Todays match at Burton

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
gowerfan

Todays match at Burton

Just got back home. What a game. Hit the bar twice and we still scored 4. What a performance by Steve Kabba. Never been to such a great away game. The result was never in doubt even when we went 1 down to the only shot Burton had all afternoon.

Master stroke of Mad Dog to bring Leach back and have Sterling as the other right back. We had real presence at the back for a change.

Well done all you travelling fans who kept up the chanting and singing. The ovation at the end was worth the travel on its own.

We now have some momentum and belief. Who is going to predict a goalless draw next Saturday against Crewe? What a game and atmosphere that promises to be. I can't wait.
Jon83

Re: Todays match at Burton

Today we were worthy winners, the back four was solid bar the Burton goal which was absolutely shocking. Leach was excellent for a first game back and Stirling added some much needed presence at the back.

In the middle, Hughes & Byrne battled extremely well whilst Dearing was the best winger on the pitch. Marshall and Mcleod were quite but played their part and Kabba - well, the first 2 goals, balls over the top, out paced the defenders, smashed in the first and lifted it over the keeper for the second. Third - dubious penalty, but calmly slotted away, fourth - good run to the near post and got a lucky deflection.

Today has given us a glimmer of hope, nothing more. If we would have lost, it would have been curtains! I like Martin Allen's attitdue (publically at least) that he wants the players to enjoy playing football again and see where it takes them and not get too bogged down in whats gone wrong in previous months.

The club has been lifted by the arrival of Allen and to an extent Grazioli. The atmosphere feels a lot more positive, all of the squad was at the game cheering on their team mates and at the end, EVERY one of them looked delighted!

We havent won 2 games in a row for 80 odd games....I think we finally have the right manager in charge to change that.
meden_820

What a 2nd half performance! Kabba played like a man possesed, havent seen Bees fans celebrate like that in quite a while, Northampton away last season maybe. although we still have a long way to go, this has given us a sniff that I honestly thought had gone. Play like we did in the 2nd half in those remaining games and we could just sneak the points that we need. COYB'S!
BEE428

After such a long spell injured I thought Leach moved seemlessly back into the team today. No real complaints about any of the performances either! Feeling positive!

Also was impressed that such an injury prone war horse like a Kabba can still really turn on the pace when he needs to.
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14