The last few days

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

The last few days

Postby BeeBoi1980 » 25 Mar 2011, 13:04

Barnet Football Club is alive again.

What MA and Graz bring to the club is what we have been missing throughout our return to the league, for want of a better word, there is a buzz about the club again. The feeling I have now is that I remember what it is to be a Barnet supporter. I see us on Sky, in the papers, I hear talk of optimism.

I have been to Underhill for the last few seasons but have no idea why. Now I have reason again. I truly believe these 2 should be given 3 years to see what they can do. Players will want to come to play for us, and fans will want to come and watch. That has not been the case for the last few years. PF, thanks for what you've done, but this now is the right appointment. I see a bright future if the Chairman can make decisions like this, but in future don't wait until it's too late.

We will go down, but now we may bounce back, because players are going to want to come to Underhill.

That is all.
BeeBoi1980
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 10:32

Re: The last few days

Postby John_Carp1 » 25 Mar 2011, 13:13

"I truly believe these 2 should be given 3 years to see what they can do."

The notion of MA staying at any club for 3 years seems quite unlikely given his previous history.
Tony Kleanthous has not asked you your opinion on The Hive. This is because he doesn't care about your opinion. I think your opinion should matter.

Tony Kleanthous OUT.
John_Carp1
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 14:52

Re: The last few days

Postby lfolfo » 25 Mar 2011, 13:14

Can’t agree with that at all. Love Graz but not sure why his coming as coach is seen as significant. Not a fan of Allen though I’ll obviously support him for the moment and your post just seems disrespectful to Fairclough, as well as Hendon who had a good go as boss. Allen is a self publicist and better known than those two but there’s no particular guarantee he’ll do better than they fared, nor that he would commit to the long term should he be offered it (which I think will only happen in the miraculous event that we stay up, in which case I would accept he deserves it)
lfolfo
 
Posts: 113
Joined: 28 Feb 2011, 14:40

Re: The last few days

Postby BeeBoi1980 » 25 Mar 2011, 13:31

You say you love Graz and I think that's the point. A large part of his career was spent with us and he has an affinity with the fans and understands what the club is about. And as for MA, I like the fact that he is outwardly bullish about himself the club and what he offers is a dynamism that none of our other recent managers have. He is also capable of success and for a club like us I am happy to have someone with some pedigree. Granted it hasn't worked out everywhere, but he can make it work. The bottom line is that I don't know why I have been going to Underhill lately, it's just pure habit, perhaps to watch the early Prem game and have a few jars and the game is really a side issue. But I want to go and see what these two can do, and for us I believe they have the best chance of bringing success that we have had for many a year. People (non Barnet fans) keep texting and coming up to me to talk about this. That always used to happen, people used to notice us, nobody has for years, now they do again, and that can only be a good thing in my eyes.
BeeBoi1980
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 10:32

Re: The last few days

Postby John_c » 25 Mar 2011, 13:42

BeeBoi1980 wrote:Barnet Football Club is alive again.



Do behave.
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
User avatar
John_c
 
Posts: 4928
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 08:23

Re: The last few days

Postby Bee_Forever » 25 Mar 2011, 13:54

John_c wrote:
BeeBoi1980 wrote:Barnet Football Club is alive again.



Do behave.


Indeed. It appears that revisionism is alive and well, and BeeBoi is its Champion. Were you going for the sake of it when we got to Old Trafford?, or made a dart for the playoffs in our first year back in the league? or when we went top of the league at Northampton? Barnet's stint back in the league has not been as universally rubbish as some would say on this board.

Also, if we are talking about Barnet staff who failed to make an impact in the football league, maybe you should look at the league credentials of our new management team before making such sweeping statements.
Bee_Forever
 
Posts: 3011
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:25

Re: The last few days

Postby hobbitbee » 25 Mar 2011, 14:19

Bee_Forever wrote:
John_c wrote:
BeeBoi1980 wrote:Barnet Football Club is alive again.



Do behave.


Indeed. It appears that revisionism is alive and well, and BeeBoi is its Champion. Were you going for the sake of it when we got to Old Trafford?, or made a dart for the playoffs in our first year back in the league? or when we went top of the league at Northampton? Barnet's stint back in the league has not been as universally rubbish as some would say on this board.

Also, if we are talking about Barnet staff who failed to make an impact in the football league, maybe you should look at the league credentials of our new management team before making such sweeping statements.


God the guy was just being enthusiastic. Give him a break.
hobbitbee
 
Posts: 401
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 01:30

Re: The last few days

Postby kingpinfid » 25 Mar 2011, 15:45

The article on the main site talks about "a new era". I don't think that 8 games can be considered to be "an era", so I wonder if this is a subtle way of saying that the club is looking to keep Allen beyond the end of the season?

I don't expect Allen to keep us up this season. But if we can go down with a bit of a bang and Allen is up for the challenge in the conference next season, then I think we have reason to be optimistic for the future.
kingpinfid
 
Posts: 3159
Joined: 25 Jan 2011, 15:16

Re: The last few days

Postby jerroll » 25 Mar 2011, 16:11

A dart for the playoffs? we avoided relegation on the last day of the season!!
jerroll
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 17:25

Re: The last few days

Postby BeeBoi1980 » 25 Mar 2011, 16:49

Unfortunately I was in Sydney for the Man U game, but made one of my mates who doesn't support Barnet go in my place. Was at Northampton for the 3-1, that was literally the only highlight in terms of league success. We had cup runs yes, fair play, but the league is where it matters. Obviously Rochdale and others were exciting, but for the wrong reasons. I've had no expectation and it's fair to say that many have been disillusioned with the club for a while now. MA and Graz have the potential to breathe a bit of life back into the club. PF was the right man 5 years ago but for the last 4 years he hasn't been right (great guy though and fair play for all he has done), Hendon wasn't aside from the honeymoon period and Stimson wasn't. This is the first time for about 4 years that we at least have reason for optimism. Prior to that we had no chance, now at least we have a chance of bringing back the good times. Only time will tell if we do, but my opinion is that it's at least possible that the set up could be right now, for the last 4 years I've never had that feeling.

People spoke about the likes of Joe Kinnear and it made me laugh, he would have been awful for us. Yes if you want to judge MA for walking out on us or his bad spell (and ending) at Cheltenham then fine. But he is good at what he does, even if not everyone likes the way he goes about it. But his outwardly passionate and public persona may actually get players wanting to play for the shirt. We have been mugged off for a long time now paying to watch players go through the motions, not all but some. He will also have decent league connections. You may also site Graz's lack of experience. But in his case I would say his attitude and skill as a player and knowledge of the club give me the confidence he can succeed.

In summary if these guys stay I expect us as Barnet fans to enjoy the next 4 years more than the last 4. But there are a lot of ifs. Lets wait and see.....
BeeBoi1980
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 10:32

Re: The last few days

Postby Bee_Forever » 25 Mar 2011, 17:01

Thank you for the well thought out response, I hope that you are right and that this is a new dawn for an improvement on the pitch.

I would however point out that, aside from the keeper and a new loan defender, Allen is still working with the same bunch of players who have consistently failed to impress, so his influence should not be overestimated, unless he can miraculously fix Dennehy, Holmes and Kabba, and turn Glen Southam in to a capable (and 6 inches taller) Defensive Midfielder overnight!
Bee_Forever
 
Posts: 3011
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 20:25

Re: The last few days

Postby BeeBoi1980 » 25 Mar 2011, 17:19

As I said, I think we will go down, my sentiments were on the assumption that this is the set up we have going into next season, which I realise may not happen.

If we stayed up, now that would be a party.
BeeBoi1980
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 10:32

Re: The last few days

Postby barnetpete » 25 Mar 2011, 17:37

Bee_Forever wrote:Thank you for the well thought out response, I hope that you are right and that this is a new dawn for an improvement on the pitch.

I would however point out that, aside from the keeper and a new loan defender, Allen is still working with the same bunch of players who have consistently failed to impress, so his influence should not be overestimated, unless he can miraculously fix Dennehy, Holmes and Kabba, and turn Glen Southam in to a capable (and 6 inches taller) Defensive Midfielder overnight!



What MA can do is get all players playing the best they can, with the most confidence and giving 110% effort. As we have seen at times the side has been the match for any side with some nice football with no end product.... but let themselves down with lack of concentration at the back and lack of belief in front of goal.....8 Cup finals to save our league position, roll on 6pm tomorrow.
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete
 
Posts: 2069
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 13:37

Re: The last few days

Postby BeeBoi1980 » 27 Mar 2011, 11:53

It definitely felt like the club was alive again. We are down, but if this management team stay, perhaps not for too long. We may all soon be going to Underhill to enjoy iy again rather than just out of habit.
BeeBoi1980
 
Posts: 1278
Joined: 13 Feb 2011, 10:32


Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BeeDeceived, john dockers shorts, Jon83, nicesirmick1, Tuesds and 56 guests