Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetboy1

Re: Graz

Grazioli,Grazioli.Ole,Ole,Ole.
Top News,Top Striker,Top Man.
Good Luck, Giuliano.
natwilk

agreed - great news , and I agree about Stone too - hope he doesn't get pushed out or feel he's been marginalised as I too think he has a lot going for him be a shame if he left.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
johnp

Great news having Graz back.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
squeeze90

The headline 'Barnet boss brings back Grazioli' on the BBC website scared the living daylights out of me! I know we have a striker shortage but surely that would be the very last throw of the dice!
kingpinfid

It has been a crazy 36 hours. First Allen, now Grazioli.

Being realistic, I'm fairly certain that we'll still get relegated. But next season could be very interesting if Allen stays on.

Looking at Twitter, he seems genuinely delighted to be back.
DerekRocholl

Loved Graz as a player and think he is a top bloke and really hope he does well with Allen and as importantly when Allen departs but I can't get too excited about the idea that if we go down he has what it takes to get us back up at this stage in his managerial career. Am I missing something about his managerial expertise that others are aware of ?
Monsieur Abeille

Hiveoccupier wrote:Loved Graz as a player and think he is a top bloke and really hope he does well with Allen and as importantly when Allen departs but I can't get too excited about the idea that if we go down he has what it takes to get us back up at this stage in his managerial career. Am I missing something about his managerial expertise that others are aware of ?
I was wondering that myself
jamiefrbees

Yes you are - he took us to the playoffs in his first season in charge.

I would happily take a repeat of that next season.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
Monsieur Abeille

jamiefrbees wrote:Yes you are - he took us to the playoffs in his first season in charge.

I would happily take a repeat of that next season.
Jamie - think Hiveoccupier was referring to Graz rather than Allen
jamiefrbees

whoops - in which case I fully agree.

Since when did an expert poacher make a good coach or manager?
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
Golf Delta

jamiefrbees wrote: Since when did an expert poacher make a good coach or manager?
No-one has, on their first day, but everyone has to start somewhere, and there's no reason why he can't learn and progress into a good manager. Of course we've had one bad experience like this already, but don't tar everyone with the same brush.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
barnetpete

He's spent the past year and a half running/coaching the Community Academy (step before Centre of Excellence) among other coaching, and if you watch him coach/know him you see holds he holds the attention of people whilst he delivers his message...a good sign for a coach. He also has a lot of respect along with a lot of contact among those in the footballing world (players, coaches etc).

Surely if he can coach 'Baby Bees' on a saturday morning, he can deal with the first team?!!!

Also, it is helpful for MA, as Graz has watched a lot of games involving the side this season but without having any contact with the players in a coaching capacity. So very good independent view for MA to get of the players and the problems that exist within the dynamics of the team and structure.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
becbee

I have no idea either way whether or not Graz is up to the job, just because he was a legend for us as a player, it doesn't necessarily follow that he'll be any good on the management side ( think Hendo). However, obviously Bournemouthbee knows more about him than most of us do but when I've seen Graz in passing on match days, he does give the impression of being very personable to all. I guess MA is shrewd enough to realise it's good PR to appoint Graz but equally he wouldn't have done so if he'd not thought it could work.
barnetpete

Also Graz is Assistant a role Hendo did well both under Paul and now with Hess. And as Becbee said, MA wouldn't have employed him in the role if he didn't think he could do the job, he'll add something positive to the training room and dressing room.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Psycho

Brilliant news! Graz will always be a hero for his goals in the Conference seasons. It's been an incredible last couple of days, almost feels like a dream. I keep having to pinch myself! The old enthusiasm and excitement is returning. Can't wait for tomorrow. :D