Is Mad Dog Our Saviour? Fans Polled...

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

As is says on the tin, is re-hiring Martin Allen the right decision?

* Yes. Brilliant, should have been done long ago
48%
* Yes. Through gritted teeth and a heavy heart he has my support
27%
* Don't know / no longer care
6%
* My answer doesn't fit any of these suggestions, but i'd like to place my vote anyway as this is a democracy
6%
* No, No, No, No, No. (That's a No)
12%

Total votes: 66

John_Carp1

Re: Is Mad Dog Our Saviour? Fans Polled...

Yeah. It couldn't possibly be that some people are resigned to relegation and want 'stability' for a change, and that appointing a serial job-jumper is not going to bring that in the long-term. No, instead we are 'opposing anything for the sake of it'.....even though 'we' didn't oppose PF having the job up until a week ago. At least you are consistent with your non-sequiturs.

Still, lets all go mad about Jude Stirling joining Barnet, and how we 'might' beat every team in the known universe and somehow stay up, including the best team in the division tomorrow, even though we've been garbage all season regardless of who the manager has been, and that the last time Mad Dog attempted to save a club from relegation, he failed miserably.

If an impartial spectator looked through these posts, and compared them to the posts of last week, which group do you think he would consider 'mad'?

I'll just go and mutter in the corner about this farce of a season, and let you 'cheerful' folk get on with it, eh?
Tony Kleanthous has not asked you your opinion on The Hive. This is because he doesn't care about your opinion. I think your opinion should matter.

Tony Kleanthous OUT.
beeline

Way too late
Should have sacked Stimson way back in October and had Mad Dog then. With him in charge at least those that had played bad would have known it. Then perhaps some wouldn't have run around like headless chickens for so many games.
If we can beat Chesterfield Saturday we can beat anyone and the players have to believe that, but 2 home defeats in a row and the defeat against Aldershot dosn't bode well even if Alex Ferguson was in charge.
:geahh:
barnetpete

John_Carp1 wrote:
I'll just go and mutter in the corner about this farce of a season, and let you 'cheerful' folk get on with it, eh?
It's not about being 'cheerful' folk, it's fans who have realised we have one last chance to retain league status. Yes its been a farce of a season, lots of people can be blamed for all sorts, but right now this isn't the time. TK - who has been criticised by many for not doing enough, has acted, be it right or wrong, too late etc etc, some fans just aren't bothered at this moment, they would rather back the club for the next few weeks, and TRY to see if survival is possible. Alternative disappear without a wimper, moaning into our pints.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
wonderbee

John_Carp1 wrote:Yeah. It couldn't possibly be that some people are resigned to relegation and want 'stability' for a change, and that appointing a serial job-jumper is not going to bring that in the long-term. No, instead we are 'opposing anything for the sake of it'.....even though 'we' didn't oppose PF having the job up until a week ago. At least you are consistent with your non-sequiturs.
He's been appointed for 8 games John, so he'll really surpass himself if he finds a better job in the meantime- it'd have to be a personal best. I don't think anyone's pretending it's the dawning of a glorious new era where Martin Allen will lead Barnet to the promised land of League Two midtable- I think most people are just just pleasantly suprised that the club have finally taken some action against sleepwalking into relegation. Fairclough had ran out of ideas- I wouldn't be suprised if it was him that instigated the move for a manager. Will it be enough? Chances are that it won't be. Will it get people interested in the club again? It probably will. Let's just go shit or bust.

However, if Allen leaves us with 2 games to go after getting a better offer from Bradford City, I will hold my hands up and admit you may have had a point.
Last edited by wonderbee on 25 Mar 2011, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Milkfloat

They can put whoever they want in the backroom but its pretty much the same group of players that will be taking the field and getting stuffed again tomorrow.
wonderbee

Milkfloat wrote:They can put whoever they want in the backroom but its pretty much the same group of players that will be taking the field and getting stuffed again tomorrow.
That's not true.

We've got a gigantic keeper who can't get down to stop shots, and an erratic midfielder who is the Rory Delap of the lower leagues. Perfect for a team with such big physical presence as Barnet.

And it's Martin Allen! Don't you remember the mad shit he got up to in the conference? It may be the same team, but with fireworks up their collective backsides. With Graz as assistant! After all the goals he scored! It'll be like he's on the pitch with them!

And it's only Chesterfield! I mean where are they in the league?

:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
John_c

John_Carp1 wrote:Yeah. It couldn't possibly be that some people are resigned to relegation and want 'stability' for a change, and that appointing a serial job-jumper is not going to bring that in the long-term. No, instead we are 'opposing anything for the sake of it'.....even though 'we' didn't oppose PF having the job up until a week ago. At least you are consistent with your non-sequiturs.

Still, lets all go mad about Jude Stirling joining Barnet, and how we 'might' beat every team in the known universe and somehow stay up, including the best team in the division tomorrow, even though we've been garbage all season regardless of who the manager has been, and that the last time Mad Dog attempted to save a club from relegation, he failed miserably.

If an impartial spectator looked through these posts, and compared them to the posts of last week, which group do you think he would consider 'mad'?

Best post ever on this board. There speaks a man of sense.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
letchbee94

Good post Bournemouthbee, lets just concentrate on getting behind the team and hoping we can manage to do what most supporters feel is impossible and stay up.

I aint been a fan of TK lately but he has gone up again in my books for the 'last throw of the dice' appointment.
amberforever

Heard a priceless quote in the pavillion before the Chesterfield match: MA "is like using illegal drugs" .....caused me much mirth and smiling!!!
montydog

I think that Chesterfield were unlucky tonight. I think my dog has more ideas than Mad Dog. The season was lost a long time ago. We now need about 15 points from 7 games.

We need at least 4 or 5 wins. Hard to see where they will come from :

A Burton win
H Crewe win
A Bury loss
A Gillingham win
H Oxford win
A Accrington win
H Port Vale draw
johnp

Mad dog should have been brought in a lot earlier.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
okasmir

well it's possible... we just need to start off with a win against burton, each game at a time!
MajorBrownEye

Moonchild_Bee wrote:As requested by MA... your views please?
This took me a while. At first, and for a long time after, I was flabbergasted that Martin Allen requested a poll as to his popularity, on an unofficial board, just 5 minutes after joining.

It appears that an MA by any other name would smell as foul!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
Golf Delta

MajorBrownEye wrote: It appears that an MA by any other name would smell as foul!
Maybe Mr. Bee (MA) is really the other 'MA' in disguise.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Monsieur Abeille

Golf Delta wrote:
MajorBrownEye wrote: It appears that an MA by any other name would smell as foul!
Maybe Mr. Bee (MA) is really the other 'MA' in disguise.

ARRRGH I've been found out. OK Everybody drop by your keyboards and give me 20