Is Mad Dog Our Saviour? Fans Polled...

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

As is says on the tin, is re-hiring Martin Allen the right decision?

* Yes. Brilliant, should have been done long ago
48%
* Yes. Through gritted teeth and a heavy heart he has my support
27%
* Don't know / no longer care
6%
* My answer doesn't fit any of these suggestions, but i'd like to place my vote anyway as this is a democracy
6%
* No, No, No, No, No. (That's a No)
12%

Total votes: 66

Moonchild_Bee

Is Mad Dog Our Saviour? Fans Polled...

As requested by MA... your views please?

EDIT:

*OH SLOBLOCK*

Sorry, it turns out if you add an option, it wipes all the data and votes to date. And you can't then undo. SORRY!

Anyway, the YES (combined) vote was roughly 65% of the total.
Monsieur Abeille

Re: Is Mad Dog Our Saviour? Fans Polled...

Thanks Moonie - its a tie at present (your vote and mine)
Golf Delta

Should have replaced MS immediately, who should have gone sooner anyway.

Door, horse, stable, bolted.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Barnybee

Moonchild_Bee wrote:As requested by MA... your views please?
In Barnets dire need of everyone pulling together and getting behind Martin Allen, does it do any good to come out with a stupid poll like this?
You and others may not like Martin Allen for whatever reason, but you need to forgive, forget the past, and move on, give the man a break, and lets ALL get behind the appointment, and give him a chance to save our season.
Moonchild_Bee

Barnybee wrote:
In Barnets dire need of everyone pulling together and getting behind Martin Allen, does it do any good to come out with a stupid poll like this?
You and others may not like Martin Allen for whatever reason, but you need to forgive, forget the past, and move on, give the man a break, and lets ALL get behind the appointment, and give him a chance to save our season.
I shouldn't dignify that with a response, but...

Do you think if we didn't have a 'stupid poll' the fanbase would be unified, and our season would be saved?

By having a 'stupid poll' have we now fessed up our last chance of survival? Is it actually my fault we're going to be relegated (probably?).

I mean, I was only interested to see if others shared my viewpoint. You know, what the general feeling is amongst Barnet fans to this controversial appointment.

However, i'm very sorry that I caused us to go down.
Monsieur Abeille

Barnybee wrote:
Actually, as Moonie said, I asked for the poll, and I'm in favour of the appointment. Its interesting, but totally irrelevant to our survival.
Barnybee

Moonchild_Bee wrote:
Barnybee wrote:
I shouldn't dignify that with a response, but...

Do you think if we didn't have a 'stupid poll' the fanbase would be unified, and our season would be saved?

By having a 'stupid poll' have we now fessed up our last chance of survival? Is it actually my fault we're going to be relegated (probably?).

I mean, I was only interested to see if others shared my viewpoint. You know, what the general feeling is amongst Barnet fans to this controversial appointment.

However, i'm very sorry that I caused us to go down.
I felt the poll was "stupid" because the questions were loaded as to undermine the appointment of Allen, if it was a straight Yes, No, or unsure, I would have no problem with that.
kingoffootball

I haven't voted, as I'm not sure there's an option that fits.

I guess "Don't know/no longer care" is closest, but I do care and I do think it will have an impact.

I think it unlikely that impact will keep us up, but that doesn't mean it's not worth a shot, we have very little to lose in the position we're in.
Three-time Conference champions
Sam_BFC

Yeah there is not really an option that exactly matches my position either.

My answer is simply Yes he has my support (no gritted teeth)...what happened seven years ago is irrelevant to me now and well done TK for giving it a shot.
wonderbee

Having had a couple of hours to mull it over, I think- why the hell not? It's fair to say I'm not Martin Allen's biggest fan- (as anyone who knows me will testify) but really, what have we got to lose? If by some miracle we get 16 points and stay up, brilliant- we'll still be aleague club and he'll have atoned for leaving us in the lurch 7 years ago. If we pick up in form but not enough, fair dos, nobody excpected us to stay up anyway, and it's probably more than Fairclough would have achieved. Plus we get an extended trial of a potential new manager. If we're as bad or even worse than under Fairclough, no great loss- his managerial career will be dead in the water, and he can go back to running his enterprise that looks at finding older footballers that the academies missed and talking crap on Fighting Talk.
It's probably worth bearing in mind that while it's our last chance to stay in the League, it's probably his last chance at making it as a manager.

The situation we're in- I think we're obliged to give something a go.
barnetboy1

I was under the impression that the "raison d'etre" of our new forum was to avoid anodyne polls;and to give us something like this.
Good on ya Monsieur A,and Moonchild.
I actually shouted "Bloody Hell" out loud when I heard the news on the radio,and, I'm afraid, I frightened a small child and her Mother on their way home from school.
A small price to pay for our League survival !!
Let's hope this is a TK masterstroke.
COYBs.
Bott3rz

Just out of interest WonderBee, were you referring to PF being on the Colin Murray show "Fighting Talk" or his general fighting talk?
@iainbotterill
wonderbee

Bott3rz wrote:Just out of interest WonderBee, were you referring to PF being on the Colin Murray show "Fighting Talk" or his general fighting talk?
I was referring to Martin Allen being on the 5 live show 'Fighting Talk' a couple of months back, where he discussed his Pro FC project and was ridiculed for saying he'd be managing Barcelona in 5 years while he was at Brentford.

As far as I'm aware Fairclough has never been on it.
Monsieur Abeille

Looks like over 75% are in favour for one reason or another, which is heartening. Sorry to see a couple of my old muckers from the RTS club in the opposing camp though. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
jamiefrbees

you should know by now some people on here will oppose anything for the sake of it...
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?