Morecombe Game

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Sdodger

Morecombe Game

Nice to see the club are still trying to plug the hospitality tickets on the main page for the Morecombe Game.

Do they honestly think people are going to part with £35.00 to watch us at the moment!!??

Am sure the food on offer cannot make up for the price to be charged!
Moonchild_Bee

Re: Morecombe Game

Why not? I partook for the Wycombe game, and took a couple of clients. Admittedly it was hard to drag them away from the Plasma Screens with the Barcelona game, but all the same.

It's critical that the Marketing Department at BFC run full pelt throughout the year. That includes promotions / offers / hospitality packages and the like to pick up as much additional revenue as possible. Would be economic suicide to think 'oh, we're in the brown stuff in the league, best not bring in any additional money at the moment'.

Even if it's just money to cushion the fall when we do drop down, I want to see the club doing things like this until the bitter end.
barnetpete

Exactly Moonchild, just a chance for Sdodger to take a dig at the club....they are usually criticised for doing too little to advertise what they offer...now being criticised for doing too much, even if in jest.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Bee_Forever

So lets break down the £35 then.

£20 - Main Stand Ticket
£3 - Match day Program
£12 - Hospitality, including a meal and half time tea and biscuits.

Does not seem to unreasonable now does it?
Doyley

The commercial function is showing signs of promise, think the guy is Darran. Well done !
weino

Just wanted to say I also think Darran is doing a good job. Although I've not had much intereaction with him I did email him a couple of weeks ago to say that I thought the friend for a fiver was being poorly advertised and with a couple of suggestions for how it could be improved. I got a detailed email back and was pleased to see that some thought was being put in by the club on how to improve things. The club still has plenty of room for improvement on the commercial front but I think they're doing better than they have been for a number of years
BeeBoi1980

How long has he been around? I sent 2 emails about hospitality for 6 at both the Accrington and Gillingham games and got no reply from 4 emails. People (not myself) didn't attend as a result. Emailed the address on the hospitality page of the website. Never mind, but has put me off that option now.
kingpinfid

Always better to call the club. Whenever I've called, they're always friendly and keen to help.
John_c

BeeBoi1980 wrote:How long has he been around? I sent 2 emails about hospitality for 6 at both the Accrington and Gillingham games and got no reply from 4 emails. People (not myself) didn't attend as a result. Emailed the address on the hospitality page of the website. Never mind, but has put me off that option now.
They can't have wanted to go that badly? Have you got a phone?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

I am a regular in the players bar. The food is very good and the staff do an excellent job. Well worth the £35.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
BeeBoi1980

They didn't want to go. It was another example of me trying to get non fans involved. Yes of course I could have called, was just busy at work and found it easier to email and would have though 1 in 4 might be answered. Just wondering how long the new guy has been there as if it's post Accrington I may be encouraged to give it another go. Just don't want to talk people into it and not deliver again as I could put them off Barnet for life. On another note, I've managed to get non Barnet fans to games 4 times this season, none have returned.......
TorME

I believe the club do view the site from time to time and I know that Darran will be upset to learn you have not been responded to. I suggest that in future you email him directly on dwood@barnetfc.com or commercial@barnetfc.com as I know he will respond.