Saracens get Copthall

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mikel Bee

Saracens get Copthall

Barnet Council voted unanimously in favour of Saracen's Copthall planning application tonight.

So it turns out we do have a supportive Council in this Borough, we are just playing the wrong sport for them to care. :....:
jonbonbaby

Re: Saracens get Copthall

wankers :oooops:
barnetpete

Mikel, do we know how Coleman voted?

Good luck to Saracens in my opinion, they've played a good game, I'm sure they'll be appeals and fights from the Nimby's, just a shame Barnet council are underhand scum otherwise that could have been ours.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
BEE428

bournemouthbee wrote:Mikel, do we know how Coleman voted?

Good luck to Saracens in my opinion, they've played a good game, I'm sure they'll be appeals and fights from the Nimby's, just a shame Barnet council are underhand scum otherwise that could have been ours.
This was a comment posted by someone on the Barnet times;

"Overwhelming support - not just from the councillors, but from the room and the overflow room. I had to laugh when Brian Coleman made some ridiculous point about the average age of Saracens fans being too old to use bikes to get there - Someone shouted out 'why not use taxis?'

God I hate Brian Coleman!
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
b4life

Why don't we just get the hint and go to the Hive? When we are in the championship in 10 years time, they will realise what they have lost :laugh:
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
northantsbee

The council like men with odd shapped balls
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Mikel Bee

Pete, it is a shame. Was probably the best available site in the Borough for a stadium.

I don't think the 'odious toad' got a vote as he wasn't on the planning committee, just there to speak for the 'against' camp. He claims that his mate Boris will block it anyway. Offord also stated that the plans are likely to be called in for a public inquiry. There may be a long way to go on this yet.
barnetpete

What the toad Coleman won't tell you though is his mate Boris has said he would like barnet to have Copthall!

I hope, if BFC don't get Copthall that Saracens do get it. (and I don't like or support Saracens)
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
letchbee94

John Prescott is to blame
MajorBrownEye

Barnet Council voted unanimously in favour of Saracen's Copthall planning application tonight.

unanimous /juːˈnanɪməs/
▶adjective

1 fully in agreement.

2 (of an opinion, decision, or vote) held or carried by everyone involved.

– derivatives
unanimity /ˌjuːnəˈnɪmɪti/ noun,
unanimously adverb.
– origin C17: from L. unanimus (from unus ‘one’ + animus ‘mind’) + -ous.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
miguelito

Coleman appeared at the meeting in his role as London Assembly member for Barnet & Camden. He is not a member of the planning committee, so did not have a vote.

You can watch his opposition to the plans here: http://vimeo.com/36134973

He likes talking about Barnet's plans for Copthall, although he gets his dates wrong. The public inquiry was in 1998; the inspector's report was in 1999.
"Oh my god, he's attacking them!"
MCB

This is beyond f*king parody
hoppy

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with the content of this motion, why the need to call an EGM for this purpose.
Probably more expense for the Barnet residents.
Just tag it on to AOB at the next proposed Council Meeting.
PS Ironic that the date of this EGM is the same day that Sadiq Khan gives his verdict on the Ark Academy plans for Underhill.
BGr

Surely the preferrential treatment of one professional sports club over another by Barnet Council violates competition laws.
hoofer2

hgbee wrote:Surely the preferrential treatment of one professional sports club over another by Barnet Council violates competition laws.
You see the Saracens sign everywhere across Barnet, South Herts and North London. We could never compete with the Saracens publicity machine and the scale of their community projects.