Cheltenham Preview

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Golf Delta

Cheltenham Preview

To celebrate my 100th post on this wonderful new board :Drink1: I'm going to post something (mostly) positive!

This may be against my better judgement but I'm going to Cheltenham to cheer on the lads! :y:

Actually, it's going to be more of a social event for me, an opportunity to meet up with my old mates from Gloucester, having lived there for 14 months recently.

Both teams lost 0-3 at home last weekend, I somehow can't see that happening again, and as is usually the case, when a team is out of form and struggling for points, Barnet roll into town and oblige. But I have a good feeling about this one and even if we don't perform, at least I'd have had a nice day out with my mates.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Moonchild_Bee

Re: Cheltenham Preview

Touche to 100 posts - you were first though!

Anyway, Cheltenham, I love it as a trip, am I going? No. It's time for our strikers to step up to the plate..
John_c

Cheltenham Preview:

We will lose.

That is all.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Jon83

Its going to be the same set of players - see story on main site... No one wants to sign for us!
amberforever

Would love to go to it Golf, meant to be a nice part of the world to visit but common sense says avoid. Didnt we lose heavily (6-0) to them away last season when they hadnt won for 50,098 games?
Bee_Forever

Well, in that case, probably more or less the same 11 as lost to Torquay, with Southam in for Pulis. I would like to see Dunleavy given a chance though. I would go for:-

-----------------------Cole------------------------

--------Kamdjo------Devera-----Uddin----------

--Dunleavy----Southam-----Fraser-----Parkes-

-----------Marshall--------Deering------

----------------Kabba---------------------
Golf Delta

amberforever wrote:Would love to go to it Golf, meant to be a nice part of the world to visit
It is, especially if you take time to take a slight detour through the Cotwolds and have a look at Bourton on the Water and Stow on the Wold, lovely places.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Paul Pasqualoni

Jon83 wrote:Its going to be the same set of players - see story on main site... No one wants to sign for us!
odd how players were quite happy to join Lincoln when they were below us

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 400690.stm

"The reasons for their success obviously include manager Steve Tilson and his coaching staff and players, but first it is only right to focus on the club's board.

City pride themselves on running a tight ship. However, aware of the peril the Imps were in, directors dug deep to back the manager with a succession of loan signings, bringing Ashley Grimes, Gavin Hoyte, Stephen Hunt, Julian Kelly and Trevor Carson to Sincil Bank"

Seems they realised it would cost a lot more getting relegated compared to the cost of short term signings to get them up the table. In the meantime we sign a kid from wolves to keep the bench warm.
Mikel Bee

I'm very nervous about Saturday's game but also excited. A massive game we need to win. I tricked the other half into a little break away in Gloucestershire for the weekend without mention of the football :D. We arrived in Cheltenham this afternoon and it's about time I broke the news. A trip to Bourton on the Water as GD suggests is in store.
Golf Delta

Mikel Bee wrote:A trip to Bourton on the Water as GD suggests is in store.
:gd:

Enjoy a peaceful stroll along by the river, browse in all the quaint little shops and maybe even visit Birdland............before all the hoards of American and Japanese tourists arrive :sad:

If you have time and looking for somewhere to while away a couple of hours, try the pretty little Prinknash Bird and Deer Park just off the Painswick Road just south of Gloucester. My friends there told me this place is pronounced Prinnish :unkw:
b4life

I am looking forward to a great weekend of tonight in a four star hotel in the Cotswolds that I am not paying for, followed by seeing the Bees at Cheltenham. I hope for better, but I wouldn't be surprised if my full english breakfast is going to be the highlight for tomorrow!
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926