Saturday's Fixtures

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
kingpinfid

Saturday's Fixtures

I'm not sure if anyone else has spotted this, but Saturday's fixtures include:

Hereford (20th) v Burton (22nd)
Stockport (23rd) v Macclesfield (21st)

To state the obvious at least two of these teams will increase their points total on Saturday. All bar Stockport have games in hand over us, so to have a reasonable chance of staying up, I reckon we're going to need an away win at Cheltenham (12th). It's a bit sad to say, but I think we are approaching the last chance saloon already.
beeamazed

Re: Saturday's Fixtures

We've been in there a while,it's a lock in...
PBBee

I noticed those fixtures earlier - do we want draws in both of them? Main thing is we win really now, I know times are desperate as I seem to analyse the other teams fixtures as I know we won't pick up points in the next game (this happens every week at the moment).
Jon83

What with our complete lack of form, I think its best that as many teams as possible are kept in the 'relegation battle'. We do not want a situation again like Lincoln and Hereford who suddenly put 4/5 wins together and completely leave us behind. Morecambe are the closest team to us on the same amount of games - I think a team like that should be the 'clubs' aim to catch - we need to get 9 more points than them across the remaining games to finish above them... how likely is that?

We havent won consecutive games in the league since October 2009... that is a damning statistic and shows that we've been 'surviving' for a long time.... to stay up we are obviously going to need to break this record. Realistically is it going to happen? Probably not but we live in hope!

Cheltenham lost 3 nil at home to Hereford on Saturday... Thats the progress that they have made. Over to Mr Fairclough and his troops... we've had so many must win games this season and this is no different.
becbee

It's probably reasonable to assume that we'll need a minimum of 45 points to avoid relegation. Possibly more - 50 points is usually regarded as "safe".

We currently have 26 points from 30 matches. That means we need to average more than a point per game just to get anywhere near that. In reality the only way out is for us to somehow start winning a couple of matches and pull ourselves back up with the rest of the pack. Wishful thinking maybe but that's what we need. We certainly can't repeat last season when the club thought they could rely on Grimsby to save us ( which almost backfired).
buzzlightyear

45 - which is the average of points taken by 2nd from bottom if you adjust points deductions - may do it but I reckon higher than average this season is more likely meaning 47 or 48 if our goal difference has to count (it might be better for Stockport [appalling GD] to finish above another team so we only have to match them on points).

50 points would almost certainly be enough but that's 24 from 16 or 3 every 2 games. :unsure:
amberforever

There have been some strange fixtures thrown up for Saturday....
Stockport v Man Utd.......difficult one this....perhaps Rooney might re discover his form and shade this 2-0.
Burton Albion v Bayer Munich......clash of the brewers.....Bayer walk it 3-0
Lincon City v Man City......clash of the two mighty cities.......1-0 to Man City.
Hereford v Chelsea......Chelsea's dip in form continues...1-1

with the exception of Hereford gaining a point our win against Finchley in a local derby 1-0 should edge us up the table!!!
:D :D :D