Barnet FC Supporters' Trust Statement

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John_c

Re: Barnet FC Supporters' Trust Statement

grrgerald wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:At the risk of demonstrating my stupidity (no surprise there), can someone explain, or point me to something explaining what exactly the trust is? I was in blissful ignorance of it until the day before yesterday
Got it's own section Steve.

As this could be a day of statements would Eddie Thompson be kind enough to step up to the plate and explain whether he was quoted correctly by the Times.
Apparently there's a statement coming out today.

This is great fun, no?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
John_c

Why the secret squirrel stuff from people within the Trust?

Moles, leaks, anonymous calls to local papers, blimey. It's okay chaps, Stan Flashman popped his clogs years ago, no need to hide any more.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Monsieur Abeille

grrgerald wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:At the risk of demonstrating my stupidity (no surprise there), can someone explain, or point me to something explaining what exactly the trust is? I was in blissful ignorance of it until the day before yesterday

As this could be a day of statements would Eddie Thompson be kind enough to step up to the plate and explain whether he was quoted correctly by the Times.
Thanks Gerry, briefly read but none the wiser. I've now posted the question in the right forum though.
Moonchild_Bee

They do have their own website, link top right. I'm not allowed access so no idea if it helps.
grrgerald

Monsieur Abeille wrote:
grrgerald wrote:

Thanks Gerry, briefly read but none the wiser. I've now posted the question in the right forum though.
Here's the basics...........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supporters%27_trust
hoofer2

John_c wrote:
catz.cb wrote:
Another member stated: "I can categorically tell you that the Trust committee has not formed any position on this issue yet, and the committee, as representatives of Barnet supporters, will do so after canvassing views from Trust .

Ha ha ha ha ha! That's quality! One of the funniest hings I have read in ages :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Agreed. It has a Yossarian quality to it.
Sdodger

Seems to me this Supporter trust lark, is a load of old bollocks.
Southlondonbee

The Trust is fiddling whilst Underhill burns. Make a statement please?
Monsieur Abeille

Moonchild_Bee wrote:They do have their own website, link top right. I'm not allowed access so no idea if it helps.
Nope me neither - I'll await a response to mine and becbees questions on their section here, presumably they monitor it from time to time
deedo_1990

I know people don't think a huge amount of me at the moment and deservedly so, but I'll try my best to atone for my sins.

I've got comment from Andrew Dismore, former Labour MP and Brian Coleman's opponent for the GLA seat in 2012. See here:

http://oliverdeed.wordpress.com/2011/12 ... underhill/

If the club has to go, then this disgraceful political administration we have running Barnet Council can go with it. I make no apology for making this political from a personal point of view.

I've also spoken to TK who displayed a kindness and dignity that I did not deserve. He is clearly trying his best in a bad situation and although we may differ on the future of BFC, he deserves a lot more respect that him

And to those on here conflating what I did with the Trust, you're being bloody ridiculous. I broke the confidence of a friend who told me information that I should not released. That's not a leak. A leak is designed to deliberately put information into the public domain. This was an idiot pushing a friendship to the edge. I haven't been involved in the Trust for over four months, I am not a member. I just wanted an organisation that reflected the Co-operative values that we see within other fans organisations, like at Swansea, Exeter and across the country. Not an anti-TK front, which would be nigh on impossible to achieve anyway given the Trust's constitution.

And a warning to the anonymous briefers in the Barnet Times. Take it from somebody who knows, it will all end in tears.
becbee

To be honest I'm not bothered whether you leaked information or not. Maybe you did us all a favour by forcing this into the open, who knows? What concerns me far more is what The Hell is actually going on. Anything any individaul supporter does or says is nothing in comparision with the worrying situation we find the club in. Remember what happened at Enfield FC when they left their ground with nowhere permanent to move to!
Moonchild_Bee

And i've a lot of respect for how you've redressed matters to be honest, both from your statement on here (now removed) and on your blog, and also for speaking to TK. Very few people would have had the guts to do that, so fair play to you.
Monsieur Abeille

Moonchild_Bee wrote:And i've a lot of respect for how you've redressed matters to be honest, both from your statement on here (now removed) and on your blog, and also for speaking to TK. Very few people would have had the guts to do that, so fair play to you.
agreed
j4barnet

Regrettably recent events seem to have undermined the Trusts credibility among supporters. This is the last thing anyone would have wanted. What must be stressed is that every single supporter whether involved with the Trust or not has the best interest of the club at heart, as does TK. However, it is clear that perhaps there is a difference of opinion on exactly what is in the best interests of the club - to my mind that should be ultimately up to supporters to determine.

This is why I believe that fundamentally, a statement made on behalf of a Trust, an organisation which is supposed to be representative, (stating whether the supporters body does or does not agree with a certain stance), without having first consulted, is wrong and goes against many of the articles of the Trust's constitution. Whether or not a corrective statement is produced remains to be seen - at this stage it is presumably up to the Chairman to explain his comments and for those supporters who would like this answered should send their comments to info@bfcsa.co.uk.

From a personal point of view I certainly wont be making my mind up until I know exactly what options are being put forward as alternative venues for us next season - at the moment it seems to be Underhill or nothing! What happens if the club are prohibited from using The Hive and are unable to agree a groundshare? This would would be disastrous for the club and for supporters or the Trust to form an opinion either way is premature and dangerous. The council seem to be offering a solution to the problem, which is to stay at Underhill next season, and I for one would not want to rule this out, atleast until an alternative has been identified.

For all we know this could simply blow over in a week - surely we need to help to resolve the situation with the ground, and the council, and not be forced into rushing anything through. We should be able to make our voices known in full view of the facts and with viable alternatives presented to us which I feel is not the case at present.

I will leave you all with a final thought...I have just seen this on the councils facebook page:

Priory Grove is a public footpath and the public may use the footpath on foot for any lawful reason. Detailed terms for the use of Priory Grove by the football club with vehicles have not been pursued by the council because the football club have not responded to the offer to grant such a right. The nominal fee is anticipated to be in the region of £100 per annum.

If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt it is, then the statement contradicts what the club believe to be the case - in that only club staff would be able to use Priory Grove as a 'road'. It appears the licence on offer would only seek to regularise vehicular access (as highlighted in 2006 when the club were granted planning consent to extend the carpark) down PG, for 15 years, and for as long as the site remains a a Stadium - it places no restriction whatsoever on supporters, the media etc - and things presumably would remain as they are. This story seems to ring true with the statement made by the Leader of the council in the Barnet Times the other day.

Assuming this is factually correct it would seem this issue is resolvable and we would be able to ply our trade at Underhill next season - and the subsequent 15 years without a problem. Whether we then decide to move in the near future is therefore a question for another day...
Evanstribe

To be honest with you, I couldnt really care less what the trust have said, may have said, or are going to say. People really overestimate the value of supporters groups in football I think, unless they genuinely have a stake in a club, or are set up to aquire part of the club. Besides that, its just a talking shop and largely irrelevant. The fact is, its TK's club, and he'll inevitably do what he likes, whichever way the trust respond. Sure, they can force extra dialogue, register their displeasure if they choose to, etc, but ultimately any good businessman knows what is good for their business and will do it regardless. Id be less worried about what the trust think, and more concerned about getting further information from TK on his thoughts. Because theyre really the only thoughts that count.
Last edited by Evanstribe on 16 Dec 2011, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.