Barnet FC Supporters' Trust Statement

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John_c

Re: Barnet FC Supporters' Trust Statement

Correct me if I'm wrong but this statement doesn't actually say what the Trusts positions is on all this? Nor does it say anything about the meeting with TK on Monday where I'm guessing that there was more detail?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Golf Delta

John_c wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but this statement doesn't actually say what the Trusts positions is on all this?
Well spotted Sherlock, it's a good job someone is on the ball. Where would we be without you? :unsure:
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
ape1968

Perhaps the Trust are presenting the information as they have it and allowing an open debate?
"The feeling of stepping out for Barnet for the first time was the same as a Champions League match. It is just joy"

Edgar Davids
grrgerald

Golf Delta wrote:
John_c wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but this statement doesn't actually say what the Trusts positions is on all this?
Well spotted Sherlock, it's a good job someone is on the ball. Where would we be without you? :unsure:
Tch Tch Golfie :bash:

I'm pretty much in agreement with everything that you have been saying Golfie (strange!).But in the long term an incinerator would come in pretty useful !!!
Obviously we are in disagreement as to who is to blame for the predicament that we are in which has been going on for some time.
Just WHO is forcing us out ?
My gut feeling is that the two opposites do not attract. We do have a shit council who do are not willing to show any real help but we also have a control freak at the helm who has the "my way or no way" attitude. Us poor soles are stuck in the middle with nowhere to turn and end up bickering amongst ourselves. Of which I am one of the main culprits :oooops:
Now for a nasty word.....here we go....REFERENDUM. Err what happened to that ?
John_c

grrgerald wrote:
Tch Tch Golfie :bash:

I'm pretty much in agreement with everything that you have been saying Golfie (strange!).But in the long term an incinerator would come in pretty useful !!!
Obviously we are in disagreement as to who is to blame for the predicament that we are in which has been going on for some time.
Just WHO is forcing us out ?
My gut feeling is that the two opposites do not attract. We do have a shit council who do are not willing to show any real help but we also have a control freak at the helm who has the "my way or no way" attitude. Us poor soles are stuck in the middle with nowhere to turn and end up bickering amongst ourselves. Of which I am one of the main culprits :oooops:
Now for a nasty word.....here we go....REFERENDUM. Err what happened to that ?
Tsk, me stating the obvious again :doh:

Thinking about it now and the statement yesterday. Has anything actually changed? The club's position has always been that we need to move away from Underhill.

My view is that we need to build a new modern stadium to be able to compete in todays modern footie world. I've always said that, clearly. There are those who don't agree and have always said that clearly. There are those who conduct whispering campaigns away from this bored - not you obviously, Gerry :Drink1:

For a while now I've been of the view that I'll worry about it when something actually happens. Yesterdays statement doesn't appear to have changed anything (other than create confusion all round). If I'm being honest I'm a little bored of it all now. I'll wait for something concrete and then have a look at it I think.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

PBBee

Hoofer - surely a big problem with us trying to stay at Underhill until we have a new stadium built is that the only lease being offered on the cricket club is a 15 year one which is far too long.
grrgerald

There are those who conduct whispering campaigns away from this bored - not you obviously, Gerry :Drink1:
ssshhhhhh

I've been oiling that bloody bike chain....just in case :sad:
John_c

PBBee

Interesting, good to see the Trust is behind the club then. We need as much support as possible for what is going to be a massive year in the future of Barnet FC.
Evanstribe

PBBee wrote:
Interesting, good to see the Trust is behind the club then. We need as much support as possible for what is going to be a massive year in the future of Barnet FC.
Yeah, this is definately good news; if the trust is behind the move then we have the united front necessary to really push this through as fast as possible. Id have been very worried for the future of the club if the trust had come out and taken the opposite stance!
j4barnet

RE: Trust Statement in the Barnet Times

While I would not normally comment I feel compelled to inform all supporters that the latest statement issued 'on behalf of' the Barnet FC Supporters Trust does not represent the views of the organisation.

I can confirm that neither members of the current BFCSA committee nor the BFCST Working Group were consulted or informed before this statement was made and can only presume it reflects the opinion of a certain individual rather than the Trust, its members or the supporters of Barnet FC who we are supposed to represent.

The BFCST has not taken a position and has at this time only outlined the situation as we understand it in a recent statement. In addition, we would not consider making such a stance (either Pro or Anti, Club or Council) without having first canvassed opinion and spoken/consulted with the supporter base.

Josh
ShankBee

j4barnet wrote:RE: Trust Statement in the Barnet Times

While I would not normally comment I feel compelled to inform all supporters that the latest statement issued 'on behalf of' the Barnet FC Supporters Trust does not represent the views of the organisation.

I can confirm that neither members of the current BFCSA committee nor the BFCST Working Group were consulted or informed before this statement was made and can only presume it reflects the opinion of a certain individual rather than the Trust, its members or the supporters of Barnet FC who we are supposed to represent.

The BFCST has not taken a position and has at this time only outlined the situation as we understand it in a recent statement. In addition, we would not consider making such a stance (either Pro or Anti, Club or Council) without having first canvassed opinion and spoken/consulted with the supporter base.

Josh
I'm not sure the trust has the cababilities to represent the supporter base, I have been a member of the BFCSA in the past but quite frankly there is no way I'm joining the trust at this present time. Its been nothing short of a joke from the moment it was formed.

> 'We want to own part of the club.'
> Leaks
> 'Neutral' statements on things that cant really be neutral
> Trust chairman categorically backing the club
> Now being told thats not true and this rogue individual (the chairman) is not representing the trust

Whats going on? If anyone involved with the trust has been calling for the club to have a more profesional approach then they need to have a long hard look at themselves.
Moonchild_Bee

This was the trust chairman Eddie Thompson according to the Barnet Times. Has the Trust chairman gone off on his own tot and made comments that do not reflect the Trust? In which case perhaps you need a new chairman.

Or perhaps the newspaper has misrepresented things, which is more likely?

But following on from the unofficial leak via the trust meeting, i'd say the trust needs to now step up to the plate. This hasn't been the best of weeks in the trust's history, which is a shame as it's been your most important one to date.

It's also a shame as that Barnet Times report seemed to have broad support from people here. I am now further reading into it that the Trust does not back the club on this issue.

If we cannot trust the comments in the press from the chairman, or reports from the meeting, I do hope that the poster who posted the initial post in this thread can be trusted? Or are they also not actually qualified to comment on behalf of the Trust.
Mem Beespod

FrankBeeMrShankBee wrote:
j4barnet wrote:RE: Trust Statement in the Barnet Times

Josh
I'm not sure the trust has the cababilities to represent the supporter base, I have been a member of the BFCSA in the past but quite frankly there is no way I'm joining the trust at this present time. Its been nothing short of a joke from the moment it was formed.

> 'We want to own part of the club.'
> Leaks
> 'Neutral' statements on things that cant really be neutral
> Trust chairman categorically backing the club
> Now being told thats not true and this rogue individual (the chairman) is not representing the trust

Whats going on? If anyone involved with the trust has been calling for the club to have a more profesional approach then they need to have a long hard look at themselves.
I agree with this post
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Mikel Bee

The trust state that the nominal fee for car access is £10, whereas the council have come out and said it is somewhere "in the region of £100". Minor point I know but when one source is quoting a fundamental figure ten times the size of the other, it's hard to know where to look.