Barnet FC Supporters' Trust Statement

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
j4barnet

Re: Barnet FC Supporters' Trust Statement

I was present at the council meeting and can confirm the property expert present stated the licence was a nominal amount which has transpired to be £100. Although I understand the issue is not the cost but an alleged restriction on vehicular access should the club sign the lease which, we are led to believe, would prevent supporters from using Priory Grove (presumably via car only).
Moonchild_Bee

Should also say it would prevent Sponsors and Journalists from using it, which was more relevant to the issue TK had in his interview on BBC London Radio, I can't remember him particularly being concerned about Supporters Car Access.
j4barnet

My apologies I forgot to mention this restriction would mean only club staff could use PG as a 'road'.

I'm also led to believe both the St. Johns Ambulance base and the Scout Hut both have a licence/lease with the council (albeit expired) that allows vehicular access down PG. For some reason the club too have a licence but this gives permission on foot only. Effectively the council have cast a blind eye on this for years. Therefore I am not entirely sure why the council would suddenly want to regularise this use and then place unecessary and unworkable access restrictions. I can only assume the council do not realise who uses the South Stand car park or the club have interpreted the wording of the agreement that gives permission to one group but not explicitly granted nor restricted use for another.
Anthony

FrankBeeMrShankBee wrote:
I'm not sure the trust has the cababilities to represent the supporter base, I have been a member of the BFCSA in the past but quite frankly there is no way I'm joining the trust at this present time. Its been nothing short of a joke from the moment it was formed.

> 'We want to own part of the club.'
> Leaks
> 'Neutral' statements on things that cant really be neutral
> Trust chairman categorically backing the club
> Now being told thats not true and this rogue individual (the chairman) is not representing the trust

Whats going on? If anyone involved with the trust has been calling for the club to have a more profesional approach then they need to have a long hard look at themselves.
Echoed. If I was TK, after the poor conduct earlier on in the week with the leak, I would never want to speak to them again.

Any chance of a statement regarding what action will/has been taken regarding the leak, and what attempt has been made to repair relatons with the club? I for one have enjoyed the Q and As put on by the old supporters association, and if the trusts actions mean we wont have those any more, then they can sod off back to handing out leaflets outside the Spires.
catz.cb

j4barnet wrote:RE: Trust Statement in the Barnet Times

While I would not normally comment I feel compelled to inform all supporters that the latest statement issued 'on behalf of' the Barnet FC Supporters Trust does not represent the views of the organisation.

I can confirm that neither members of the current BFCSA committee nor the BFCST Working Group were consulted or informed before this statement was made and can only presume it reflects the opinion of a certain individual rather than the Trust, its members or the supporters of Barnet FC who we are supposed to represent.

The BFCST has not taken a position and has at this time only outlined the situation as we understand it in a recent statement. In addition, we would not consider making such a stance (either Pro or Anti, Club or Council) without having first canvassed opinion and spoken/consulted with the supporter base.

Josh
I'm really concerned, my plan was to sign up to the trust at tomorrows game, my first opportunity to do so since it became official. I have been a firm supporter of it from the time start.

However after this weeks events, I seriously doubt the integrity of the trust, it has barley been 2 weeks since its official formation and the chairman and interim directors are already showing that they are not united or representing their members (given the statement above).

If as the above suggest the chairman has made a statement on behalf of the trust without consulting the other interim directors/working group (or whatever you want to call them) and no matter what stance you take on the club v council debate, and whilst in the long run such a new trust is not in a position to raise its voice against the club, you have to wonder about the benefits of joining a trust that is already at loggerheads with itself.

With the integrity of the trust under suspicion given the leak earlier this week, and all the other noise, can anyone tell me the benefits of signing up to the trust under its current leadership esp bearing in mind the chairman is a set position for the first year.
catz.cb

Have just read this quoted in the times for members of the committee:

"One member, who wishes to remain anonymous, said: "If if you were to read the BFCSA statement written last night and posted on our website you will see exactly what our position is. We have, as a committee, decided to be completely unbiased and present the facts as they are which allows supporters to make up their own mind."

Another member stated: "I can categorically tell you that the Trust committee has not formed any position on this issue yet, and the committee, as representatives of Barnet supporters, will do so after canvassing views from Trust members."

The individuals wish to remain anonymous until tomorrow, when a formal statement will be issued by the Trust committee."

http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/tops ... _decision/

It will be interesting to read the statement, and presumably the apology, and given the the circumstances the resignation of the chairman... depending what it says I might reconsider and sign up.
miguelito

Yippee, more anonymous briefings.

I'd have thought you would have learnt your lesson after Tuesday's events.
"Oh my god, he's attacking them!"
catz.cb

I hope you are talking about the article and not me.. I'm not part of the trust/SA, working group!
John_c

Everything is all going swimmingly well thus far. No?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
miguelito

Yes, the anonymous Trust members, not your good self. Apologies for not being clearer!
Bee_Forever

Agree completely Migs, and I am on the Committee!
John_c

catz.cb wrote:
Another member stated: "I can categorically tell you that the Trust committee has not formed any position on this issue yet, and the committee, as representatives of Barnet supporters, will do so after canvassing views from Trust .

Ha ha ha ha ha! That's quality! One of the funniest hings I have read in ages :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
miguelito

Morning all, please could we have details of which BFCSA/Trust committee members attended both meetings. Just trying to get my head around the number of people involved; sounds a bit like the old BFCSA/KBA meetings in terms of numbers. Cheers.
Monsieur Abeille

At the risk of demonstrating my stupidity (no surprise there), can someone explain, or point me to something explaining what exactly the trust is? I was in blissful ignorance of it until the day before yesterday
grrgerald

Monsieur Abeille wrote:At the risk of demonstrating my stupidity (no surprise there), can someone explain, or point me to something explaining what exactly the trust is? I was in blissful ignorance of it until the day before yesterday
Got it's own section Steve.

As this could be a day of statements would Eddie Thompson be kind enough to step up to the plate and explain whether he was quoted correctly by the Times.