Billy Kee

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Billy Kee

Postby kingpinfid » 13 Feb 2011, 13:10

I recall that we were courting Kee in pre-season, but Stimson did not secure his services. Instead Stimson signs his son and Charlie Taylor. Brilliant!

On the one hand we could have had a promising young striker who has already scored goals at this level (9 goals in 15 starts last season), but no, Stimson pursued two completely inexperienced hopefuls. What a fantastic success that has turned out to be!

Awful decisions like this are the reason that we are deep in trouble.
kingpinfid

Re: Billy Kee

Postby Norfolkbee » 13 Feb 2011, 17:03

I think you'll also find we came close (but not close enough) to signing Zebrowski not that long back.
Norfolkbee

Postby jamiefrbees » 13 Feb 2011, 17:36

...is not my lover. He's just a c****

Glad we didn't sign him - the guy's a pri**

Very easy with hindsight to say who we should and shouldn't have signed. Charlie Stimson looked a ton better than McLeod when he came on that's for sure.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
jamiefrbees

Postby djhdjh » 13 Feb 2011, 17:52

I think most of us could have guessed that Charlie Stimson signed by Mark Stimson having never played a professional game was likely to be rubbish.
djhdjh

Postby Norfolkbee » 13 Feb 2011, 17:57

jamiefrbees wrote:...is not my lover. He's just a c****

Glad we didn't sign him - the guy's a pri**

I think you'll generally find that when players generally are when they do things for the opposition, but when they do the same for us, it's all part of the game.
Norfolkbee

Postby BeeBoi1980 » 13 Feb 2011, 18:08

I wouldn't say Stimson was miles better than McLeod when he came on. You couldn't really tell with the time he had on the pitch and in the match situation. He looked keen, yes. But it's easy to forget that header he missed seeing as the game was gone, but if I had missed that header I would have had sleepless nights. For both him and Fraser to miss the target by a distance under virtually no pressure from 6 yards out is staggering. I was on the north (it's got to the point where I resent paying £16 for this drivel) and those headers were simply awful, and we had a stonewall penalty when McLeod had his shirt pulled (at 0-1).

It can't get worse. We need to attack on mass, when we have the ball going forward we need at least 6 players bombing forward offensively offering quick attacking options. We had so much ball on the by-line and did NOTHING with it.

I've given up anyway. Get a manager in, and get us playing attacking football. I don't care if we lose 4-3 having a go, but a present it's a joke.
BeeBoi1980

Postby BeeBoi1980 » 13 Feb 2011, 18:14

In fact sod it, play all 3, Kabba, Stimson and McLeod, and let them actually play up top, not deep into their own half like Kabba is expected to half the time. Also play two wingers, if Clovis has to be one of them so be it, I mean he had enough chances yesterday so he is getting some of it right at least. Go down fighting Fairclough.
BeeBoi1980

Return to General Barnet Chat