The Blue Square Premier

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben1

Re: The Blue Square Premier

Paul Pasqualoni wrote:
rudebwoyben1 wrote:. The trouble is that I think we need to overhaul this squad to produce a team that would do even moderately well (i.e top 10) in the BSP. The present lot would see us finishing 16th-18th I reckon.
We've tried the "overhaul" option for the last two years of summer teambuilding which seems to have contributed to the position we find ourselves in at the moment
I don't disagree with that, although I agreed with Stimson's pre-season overhaul at the time. But honestly, do you believe that we would get anywhere in the BSP with our current squad?
Paul Pasqualoni

rudebwoyben1 wrote:I don't disagree with that, although I agreed with Stimson's pre-season overhaul at the time. But honestly, do you believe that we would get anywhere in the BSP with our current squad?
If / when we go down there are certain players who could probably do a job in the conference even if they arn't up to football league ability. I'm thinking of the likes of Devera, Uddin, Fraser, Marshall, O' Brien, Kamdjo, Hughes and Holmes.

I'm assuming in the above that our two forwards from yesterday would be off due to being high earners and they would also think the conference is beneath them - the way they played yesterday seemed to indicate they don't care much for League 2 either!

There is no point releasing everyone if what you get in is worse. Take the released list from last summer which included Yakabu, Jarrett, Furlong, Micah Hyde. Even though most of those dropped out of the FL and into the conference they were still better than what we replaced them with, especially the likes of Kelly, Stimson, Taylor, Cox and Parkes would all be conf south players at best.
Jon83

Most of the current squad is not good enough for the conference - when players have left/gone out on loan this season, not one has gone on to join a conference club, they've gone to join a conf south club.

Unfortunately, whatever league we are in next season, we're going to need a new set of players, just like the previous two seasons. The club is in a downward spiral on the pitch... we'll do well to stay up in the conference next year!
jerroll

barnetboy1 wrote:A genuine question here..I'm showing my ignorance,I'm afraid.

If/When (delete one ,depending on the strength of the old Rose Tinted Specs) we go down,is there an equivalent to the "Parachute Payment"that would apply to going down a division within The League?
According to a discusion on conf guide re Luton's financial position it is stated that Chester would have received £250k a year for 2 seasons had they not gone bust.It is also claimed tv money etc from fl is £700k per year
Peter Piper

"Barnet Football Club Limited's financial risk is heavily reliant on the Club maintaining its League status" source - Directors' Report, Barnet Football Club Holdings Limited audited accounts June 2009.
Bearing the above in mind you might expect TK to have made a better fist of ensuring adequate dosh was diverted the way of the first team, after all it's not like we haven't been warned over the last few years. :roll:
John_c

jerroll wrote:
barnetboy1 wrote:A genuine question here..I'm showing my ignorance,I'm afraid.

If/When (delete one ,depending on the strength of the old Rose Tinted Specs) we go down,is there an equivalent to the "Parachute Payment"that would apply to going down a division within The League?
According to a discusion on conf guide re Luton's financial position it is stated that Chester would have received £250k a year for 2 seasons had they not gone bust.It is also claimed tv money etc from fl is £700k per year
That's rubbish. It's no more than £50k in total.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
jerroll

I'm sure you are right John, I was just quoting what was stated on confguide .I found an old article from 2007 on bbc website stating lg 2 clubs get 67k per year from prem tv deal so 50-75k per year for 2 years would be more realistic.
Paul Pasqualoni

Don't forget the £5.50 the club will receive from Premier Sports when they move our away game at Barrow to a Thursday night :sad:
becbee

The TV rights for Conference football for this and the next 2 seasons are held by Premier Sports, a subscription channel which costs £6.99 per month. The money the clubs get from Premier Sports is based on a share of the subscriptions plus a "facility" fee for hosting and featuring in matches. From my very limited knowledge I don't think you've much chance of being covered unless you're playing one of the top sides. I can't see that the clubs get much money from the deal but the Conference did accept this offer because they thought it would be financially better than an offer from the BBC.
jerroll

Paul Pasqualoni wrote:Don't forget the £5.50 the club will receive from Premier Sports when they move our away game at Barrow to a Thursday night :sad:
How can I forget that!
John_c

jerroll wrote:I'm sure you are right John, I was just quoting what was stated on confguide .I found an old article from 2007 on bbc website stating lg 2 clubs get 67k per year from prem tv deal so 50-75k per year for 2 years would be more realistic.
Wasn't saying you were rubbish mate :D

When we went down a few years back, the regulars on confguide had a chip on their shoulder about the parachute payment. It's a tiny amount when compared to the lower gates and practically no TV money. This didn't stop them all coming with silly figures like £250k! :grrr:
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player