great entertainment against torquay

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

great entertainment against torquay

Postby traffic » 12 Feb 2011, 20:36

Im talking about the last five mins when four boys came on the pitch to entertain todays crowd as the team couldnt.

Those four were far more entertaining than the eleven on the pitch and for their trouble the stewards grab them and kick them out?

Maybe the stewards should kick the players out the ground instead
traffic

Re: great entertainment against torquay

Postby jamiefrbees » 12 Feb 2011, 21:38

I completely agree. I think those 4 lads deserve a lot of credit for what was an adeptly humorous portrayal of the team's performance this season. The forward-roll was the highlight.

Good on them.

The single one good thing remaining about this club is its sense of self-deprecation.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
jamiefrbees

Postby Phil The Force » 12 Feb 2011, 21:43

I think it showed the total apathy all round at Barnet FC when the stewards couldn't even be bothered to get them off the pitch.
The ones nearest to them had their backs to them the whole time!
It was only when the 'regular stewards' got involved, after they had returned to the South Stand, that they were rounded up.
Phil The Force

Postby Yachtsman » 12 Feb 2011, 22:09

They all returned to their seats before the regular stewards got there. One of them (pitch invader) was getting an earful from his mum before he was led away.
This could have serious repercussions for the club, though, as I'm sure that clot Quinn will include it in his report to the League/FA.
Yachtsman

Postby barnetboy1 » 12 Feb 2011, 22:13

Check this.
Thank goodness it has a Happy Ending.
For those that sit in the South Stand,you've probably heard the "Hooter" that get's us going for a staple Football chant, when we've got half a chance of getting something from a corner/free kick etc.
Much hassle from a Steward,! I have to confiscate "this item",on what grounds I have no idea!
They're scared it's an Airhorn?
OMG,it might explode!
Big Compo claims against the club?.
FFS,We're not stupid people.
It's a Fecking Football match,and let's face it,we need as much Support as we can get.
As it happens,it ain't compressed gas,just a good Hooter.
I'll give him his due,he came back and said it's Ok to use it ,but why was it a probem in the first place.??????
Support your struggling team,as long as it's quietly???
F* right off Health & Safety
Kids,do not buy into this.
Support your team,get silly,just don't do it in play-off,or any game of Import.
barnetboy1

Postby lemming3k » 13 Feb 2011, 01:04

I found it very confusing, as I'm sure clowns are supposed to juggle and ride unicycles.
lemming3k

Postby johnp » 13 Feb 2011, 06:02

The four lads belonged to a group of kids who were sitting below us in the Family stand and were well behaved throughout the game, cheering and clapping. They didn't do any harm to anyone, they just went ont he pitch and then came straight off and back to their seats when the stewards then reacted to them and through them out.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
johnp

Postby ronny_28 » 13 Feb 2011, 11:08

It is this sort of thing that leads to trouble, I hope they are banned.
ronny_28

Postby barnetpete » 13 Feb 2011, 13:27

barnetboy1 wrote:Check this.

For those that sit in the South Stand,you've probably heard the "Hooter" that get's us going for a staple Football chant, when we've got half a chance of getting something from a corner/free kick etc.
Much hassle from a Steward,! I have to confiscate "this item",on what grounds I have no idea!

It's not an airhorn.... it's a horn you blow into .....AND IS SOLD IN THE CLUB SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....for £1 each to help create atmosphere! How can they convescate it. Heard it all now.
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete

Postby Spanker Ridley » 13 Feb 2011, 13:58

bournemouthbee wrote:

It's not an airhorn.... it's a horn you blow into .....AND IS SOLD IN THE CLUB SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....for £1 each to help create atmosphere! How can they convescate it. Heard it all now.

Bournemouth surely this cannot be true ?

It shows what a complete shambles the club has become both on and off the field !
Spanker Ridley

Postby barnetpete » 13 Feb 2011, 15:02

Spanker Ridley wrote:
bournemouthbee wrote:

Bournemouth surely this cannot be true ?

It shows what a complete shambles the club has become both on and off the field !

I reckon one person 'complained' and then 'someone' decided to act. Before the last game of the season last year they had people in the grounds walking round selling them.....and now they are contraban! :grrr: :grrr: :y: :y: :y: :y:
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete

Postby johnp » 13 Feb 2011, 15:11

The guy with the air horn sits in front of us and has it with him every home game and this was the first time an official has come up to him.
I can't see anything wrong with the air horn, if helps us when we watch crap football every week.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
johnp

Postby jamiefrbees » 13 Feb 2011, 17:46

Let's be honest it makes a pathetic noise though which is more embarassing than it is rousing.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
jamiefrbees

Postby Spanker Ridley » 13 Feb 2011, 19:17

Embarassing or not, it and the noise from the young lads in the South Stand is about all the home noise at matches these days. What has happened to the East Terrace ?
Spanker Ridley

Postby John_Carp1 » 14 Feb 2011, 11:08

Because the young lads probably haven't had their soul destroyed by year after year of depressingly crap football.
Tony Kleanthous has not asked you your opinion on The Hive. This is because he doesn't care about your opinion. I think your opinion should matter.

Tony Kleanthous OUT.
John_Carp1

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat