Warriors?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetboy1

Re: Warriors?

10 men after that clueless, poisonous height challenged person of a ref sent off Pulis.
It might as well have been 9 with the lack of effort put in by McLeod.
Everyone knew we urgently needed something from today's game-when you're reduced to 10 men you can reasonably expect a little bit of extra effort from the "plucky 10 men".
It doesn't appear to apply to Izzy, who was content to stroll around like he was in a pre-season friendly.
A mighty points deduction for Hereford is the only chink of light,now.
Doyley

We're going down, mentally I have accepted that since about 4.15pm today, what a shambles
LeftSideRun

I don't like to hear players being jeered by their own fans - it can't help. I thought McLeod put himself about more in the 2nd half. He did well on a break away and maybe their player should have been sent off as he was bearing down on goal.

Kabba did even less than McLeod but maybe he's not yet fully fit.

Parkes looked much more comfortable on the right for the last 20 mins. He should be right back or right midfield. He is an accident waiting to happen at left back. When is Leach back?

Shame Marshall snatched at the chance he'd made for himself. Could have been goal of the season.

Good effort in the 2nd half but the defending was shocking on the 2nd and 3rd goals.

Pulis was an idiot. Deering looked ok.
bucks bee

Deering looks like a smaller version of Derek Payne. Pulis looks like a less elegant version of Michael Leary.
LeftSideRun

I was reminded of Derek Payne too! Hope he can emulate Little Man. I didn't notice Pulis until he made that challenge and ruined my day.

Couldn't we have got Ed Upson back on loan?
becbee

I have no patience with MDuffy 918 who doesn't even bother going then claims to know why we lost. However I do agree with Mikel Bee's opening line. In some ways maybe it's better this way than the false hope that recent away performances have given.

IMO the main reason we lost today was due to that idiot who went in all guns blazing for a wholly unnecessary challenge. Up until that point the midfield was looking so much better, it all collapsed when he went off. I hope he gets fined 2 weeks wages.

Looking on the positive side, maybe next season in the Conference we'll actually win some matches and get to enjoy our football again.
Spanker Ridley

We have a team of very poor players. The players that have been brought in on loan are no better than those we already have. I question why we have brought in 2 more midfielders. No fight no spirit warriors you are having a laught. I love this club and I am angry. What is TK's plan everyone could see the problems and what was needed but he has done nothing. The Hive and the conference here we come.
Kidology

I thought today marked a new low point in the season. If anything would have convinced the few remaining optimists that we are relegated and may as well give up now, this was surely it. We have careered from being a team that scores a few goals and concedes in bucketloads, to a team that scores none and concedes slightly fewer than we used to. Even the comedy value that was prevalent under Stimson has now disappeared.

It also marked a new low in the relationship between fans, as on the East Terrace following the reckless assault from Pulis which resulted in his sending off, fans argued amongst each other as to whether it deserved the red card. My view was that it only just stopped short of deserving a prison sentence. And then we had the four morons who came on the pitch when the third goal was scored. Maybe their penalty should be that they are forced to attend every game at Underhill for the rest of the season, rather than the banning orders they are likely to receive.

This club, from the top downwards, is such a shambles that the word embarrassing does not do the situation justice. It is such a shame that, while spending millions to construct a state of the art training facility, the importance of the retention of our Football League status has been so wilfully neglected.
Paul Pasqualoni

Hours since last goal scored from open play: 7.5
Jon83

As has been mentioned above, today is the day that the chance/hope/expectation of Barnet being a football league club next season ended.

The club is rotten to the core and Im afraid that TK must take the majority of the blame for the state of the playing squad this season! Stimson was the right manager for this club - he was proven at conference level and proven at league 2 level - for a team that had to win to guarantee survival on the last day of the previous season, I would consider Stimson to be a very reasonable appointment. The budget he was given however would appear to be non existent, minimal at best. We signed the likes of Uddin, Southam, Jarvis, Cox, Charlie Taylor, Charlie Stimson, Danny Kelly & Glenn Poole, none of whom are good enough for the conference, let alone league football!

The squad that we currently have is not capable of playing a 'complete' game of football. The squad can either do one thing or the other - under Stimson, we could attack/score goals but we couldnt defend - under Fairclough, we can seemingly defend but not attack!

Todays game was another embarrasing performance from the players that are currently contracted to Barnet football club. There is no passion, no fight and most of all, no ability!

If TK wants us to stay up then somehow he needs to invest in 5 or 6 players that are capable of instantly improving our squad and gets in a manager that is capable in the long term of keeping us up - unfortunately this was being said a couple of weeks ago and its still being said today.....
CrawleyBee

I couldn't agree more Kidology, it pains me to see what has happenned to our beloved club. When i think back to that conference winning season, it had it all, excellent football, togetherness, cracking underhill atmopshere etc. There is nothing at the club now, we are just going through the motions, the club in my opinion is stale and i feel the only answer is too whatever obstacules in our way move ground (be it the Hive our elsewhere) and start again. I left underhill today gutted and devestated that we are indeed doomed. It sums it up, bac in the day the supporters coach would always be full, now we struggle to fill a minibus, we haven't moved forward at all, where as other clubs have. People will argue that the hive is an example of moving forward, but what good is a fantastic training ground in the non league? we will also as rumours have it lose funding for our youth system.

Major changes needed im afriad, i feel my 18 year love affair with the club is coming to a crashing end :(
Formerly Watfordbee
erichitchmo

watfordbee wrote:I couldn't agree more Kidology, it pains me to see what has happenned to our beloved club. When i think back to that conference winning season, it had it all, excellent football, togetherness, cracking underhill atmopshere etc. There is nothing at the club now, we are just going through the motions, the club in my opinion is stale and i feel the only answer is too whatever obstacules in our way move ground (be it the Hive our elsewhere) and start again. I left underhill today gutted and devestated that we are indeed doomed. It sums it up, bac in the day the supporters coach would always be full, now we struggle to fill a minibus, we haven't moved forward at all, where as other clubs have. People will argue that the hive is an example of moving forward, but what good is a fantastic training ground in the non league? we will also as rumours have it lose funding for our youth system.

Major changes needed im afriad, i feel my 18 year love affair with the club is coming to a crashing end :(
Sums it all up.
barnetboy1

Right,I've calmed down a bit.
I know I've just given Izale both barrels,at short range.
I realise that I only needed one,it would have had the same effect, and I could have saved one for later.
FFS,he makes me pine for Akurang!
However,it's not all his fault.
The other barrell ,I could have saved for my own schoolboy optimism back at the start of the Season.
I should have taken it out the back,behind the garage,and put it out of it's misery there and then.
How did I possibly believe that a Football Club;MY Football Club; could completely dismantle it's squad (I only recognised 1/2 of the players for the Burton game,the first home game of the season,and one of those was the Keeper).
Then,the appointment of the new Manager.
I awaited ,with baited breath,for a name to make me punch the air when I heard who was going to be in charge.
stimson.
OK.
Underwhelmed,but understanding.
Unfortunately,that from all the potential candidates available we went Lidl ,rather than Waitrose(let's face it Harrods was never on our radar).
Thus,a new beginning,which has proved to be as effetive as my gut reaction told me it was going to be, rather than my naive Black & Amber glasses told me it might be.
Such massive disruption of a team;any team;causes the inherent cohesion/team spirit, to have disaster written all over it,without the right managerial influence.
We were not going to hit the ground running and become the Barca of Lg2 overnight.
Perhaps the second barrell should have been saved for Barnet FC's foot.
Bu**ery Bo**ocks!
Nuff said,rant over!
mduffy_918

New message board, seems like the old one. My post deleted already. Pathetic!
jamiefrbees

Was a promising start with absolutely no cutting edge. I can't count the number of times McLeod and Kabba got to the byline and inexplicably fell over. Charlie Stimson should have replaced McLeod after 20 minutes, not 80 minutes.

Kamdjo and Devera both deserve praise for their performances which is even more depressing when you can say some individuals played well (some more good saves from Cole too) yet we still lost 0-3 to a club who looked just as ordinary as everyone we lose too.

Marshall has impressed me a lot in his fight in recent matches. I dont think he played that well today but he's the only player who tries his best to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and combines determination with talent.

For his sake I hope he moves on from this graveyard of a club sharpish as he doesn't deserve to rot here.

Don't think I can part with another £15 quid of hard-earned money this season now the inevitable is here.
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?