Warriors?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
kingpinfid

Re: Warriors?

At least this season will be over soon enough.

Given our struggles during 2008-09 and 2009-10, it's fair to say that relegation has been coming. Based on what I've seen so far this season, we do really deserve to be relegated.
lemming3k

squeeze90 wrote:Surely if we lay the blame on anyone, it should be with Stimson! He was the manager who was brought in with a decent track record and who should have had the ability to bring in good enough players for us to compete. As it has turned out, he has completely alienated supporters. Of course, TK appointed the manager, but I can't believe many expected us to win against Charlton and Watford, and be unlucky to lose to a strong Southampton team in pre season and end up in such dire straits months later. Personally, after this, I can't see how we can turn it around. How many games this season have we come flying out of the blocks, conceded after 25 minutes and seemingly fallen apart!
Well I don't think it's as simple as blaming one person really is it? It's hard to deny TK brought in the wrong manager, but it's easy to say that in hindsight and nobody expected this at the start of the season. I agree that it's a bit unfair the flak he gets when he does all he can for this club.
Stimson is of course culpable to the point he was sacked as he brought in the wrong players and left us struggling - but given the fact Fairclough has had the whole of a transfer window to rectify things and the fact that we weren't out of the race for safety he has to take some blame too should we be relegated.
Note - we're still not out of it and at this point we don't know if he's done enough or not, but half a season each means they would both be responsible should the most likely outcome happen.
Then we have a squad of players to share blame between, some more deserving than others. I feel sorry for Jake Cole every week because the back four is pitiful as a unit, and sorely lacking individual talent most weeks making his job near impossible. Parkes looks decent enough but without support it's hard to notice, and Kamdjo could have a bright future, but not as a right back. We'd do well to keep them and build around them but Cole is too good for us. As for the rest, they're not completely devoid of talent but rarely play as a team, and the supply for the strikers is non-existent, which is a pity because they're easily the best players we have, with the possible exception of Marshall.
lemming3k

Kidology wrote:And then we had the four morons who came on the pitch when the third goal was scored.
I just assumed they were some new signings. It made a nice addition to the 11 that started.
Maybe their penalty should be that they are forced to attend every game at Underhill for the rest of the season,

Lets not be too harsh, even murderers only get life in prison.
let_it_bee

'Kamdjo and Devera both deserve praise for their performances which is even more depressing when you can say some individuals played well (some more good saves from Cole too) yet we still lost 0-3 to a club who looked just as ordinary as everyone we lose too.'

I can't understand the praise for Kamdjo today - after a bright start, I thought he had a dreadful game. Saw so much of the ball, yet did nothing with it. Awful defending for the 3rd goal.
let_it_bee

'Kamdjo and Devera both deserve praise for their performances which is even more depressing when you can say some individuals played well (some more good saves from Cole too) yet we still lost 0-3 to a club who looked just as ordinary as everyone we lose too.'

I can't understand the praise for Kamdjo today - after a bright start, I thought he had a dreadful game. Saw so much of the ball, yet did nothing with it. Awful defending for the 3rd goal.
PBBee

At least Kamdjo puts in some effort - feel sorry for the lad he is a centre back by trade and is expected to hit the byline and put crosses in. How many players have we got through this season - it's a disgrace a different line up every week and they're all useless.

I must add that I was in the directors lounge yesterday and for about 45minutes after the game Kleanthous just sat on his own in the corner sulking and he does clearly care for the club. However when I went to speak to him and PF a bit later I was ushered away from them. In the past they have both always been approachable but didn't even let me say anything yesterday.
ronny_28

Hours since last goal scored from open play: 7.5
Cracking goal by Marshall at Aldershot.
becbee

PBBee wrote:At least Kamdjo puts in some effort - feel sorry for the lad he is a centre back by trade and is expected to hit the byline and put crosses in. How many players have we got through this season - it's a disgrace a different line up every week and they're all useless.

I must add that I was in the directors lounge yesterday and for about 45minutes after the game Kleanthous just sat on his own in the corner sulking and he does clearly care for the club. However when I went to speak to him and PF a bit later I was ushered away from them. In the past they have both always been approachable but didn't even let me say anything yesterday.

I imagine they were both in no mood for conversation with anyone. With the best will in the world, what did you think you'd have gained from speaking to either of them after that match?

What I find strange is why they even stayed around in the directors lounge after the match after the match at all. I'd have thought they'd have stayed just long enough to be polite to the Torquay officals then gone home.
kingpinfid

Perhaps they needed a stiff drink!
PBBee

They always stay for a while I believe. TK seemed to be waiting for PF to appear (he came up with Jordan Parkes, did the polite formalities and signed photos for kids etc). I was on my way out and was merely going to say keep your chins up and that we have to keep on fighting, oh and that Pullis should be sent home imo. Obviously I understand how they feel hence why I didn't want/expect a full on converstation with them.

Just another point to make me even more disillusioned with this football club at the moment.
letchbee94

We need a hero, I cannot see any potential ones in our side
Last edited by letchbee94 on 13 Feb 2011, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Jon83

Clovis is a centre back - he is not a right back, a right wing back or a right winger, all of the roles he had to perform yesterday. His crossing was awful at best but he's not in the team for his crossing ability! Defensively (bar the 3rd goal which was remarkably similar to a goal earlier this season, perhaps against Stevenage at home where Clovis backed off and backed off, showed him down the line, let the player get his shot away and Cole was beaten at his near post) he has been sound since being moved to right back... offensively, he offers very little end product!

We dont have any warriors, we dont have any heroes and we dont have many players that are capable of playing football at this level. A miracle is needed.
kingpinfid

I think that we are playing Clovis at right back because we need three strong central defenders on the pitch to defend set pieces properly. Basically by solving one problem (i.e. our general lack of height), we are creating another (i.e. little or no attacking threat down the right hand side of the pitch).

I do not understand why we keep signing midgets. It's been happening for years now and seems perverse. Tall players can have a decent touch and pass on them!
jerroll

ronny_28 wrote:
Hours since last goal scored from open play: 7.5
Cracking goal by Marshall at Aldershot.
sadly this goal does not count, a bit like saying we scored in training i'm afraid. Would have been a goal of the season contender had it counted.
Jon83

The Northamton performance - we stopped a team that had hit Crewe for 6 a couple of days prior however Northampton hadnt kept a clean sheet since the start of December... we havent been able to find the balance this season between defending and attacking, we either do one thing or the other however the result is normally the same and it doesnt involve a Barnet victory!