Olympic Stadium under the Hammer(s)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
GRH

Olympic Stadium under the Hammer(s)

So it looks like West Ham will win the right to move into the Olympic Stadium.

To nick a quote of someone else. Awarding it to West Ham is the politically correct decision, to give it Tottenham the correct political decision. So I can't be surprised at the outcome then.

It'll end in tears. At least the second tier of English football I would have thought.
Yachtsman

Re: Olympic Stadium under the Hammer(s)

I agree about the tears, but whose?
West Ham's fans probably. I watched Fulham RL at the National Sports Centre, the action seemed miles away.
And as for QPR at the old White City, you needed binoculars.
Not sure either that a local authority should be lending £40m of public money to the project, when by so doing it will be sounding the death knell for many small businesses in the Upton park area.
JohnH
BEEGONE

southstander wrote:I agree about the tears, but whose?
West Ham's fans probably. I watched Fulham RL at the National Sports Centre, the action seemed miles away.
And as for QPR at the old White City, you needed binoculars.
Not sure either that a local authority should be lending £40m of public money to the project, when by so doing it will be sounding the death knell for many small businesses in the Upton park area.
The Olympic stadium in Sydney had its lower seating deck removed and replaced with blocks of seats which can move inwards to create a better rectangle.

Same with the etihad in Melbourne which was used by Melbourne Victory in the days they got crowds of 30,000....

Wont Orient now pursue legal action?
djhdjh

Good to see that for once money isn't the only thing the modern world cares about.
barnetpete

southstander wrote: when by so doing it will be sounding the death knell for many small businesses in the Upton park area.
If anything it will increase the takings, as they wont have all those light fingered hammers fans helping themselves to all and sundry when walking down green street :hi:

but seriously, if upton park is knocked down and regeneration takes place, not only is it going to give jobs to the builders of the area but also they will spend their money in the shops etc etc, so not necessarily the death of the area.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,