Does this spell the end for the Bacon Butty kiosk??

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Does this spell the end for the Bacon Butty kiosk??

Postby LeicesterBee » 11 Feb 2011, 17:54

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gl ... e-12416671

Let's hope not, although going back to the mid-90's one would have to question whether our burgers actually contained any meat!
LeicesterBee

Re: Does this spell the end for the Bacon Butty kiosk??

Postby Norfolkbee » 11 Feb 2011, 22:54

All together now
Who ate all the carrot sticks? Who ate all the carrot sticks? You healthy specimen, you healthy specimen, you ate all the carrot sticks!
Norfolkbee

Postby PBBee » 11 Feb 2011, 23:07

Norfolkbee wrote:All together now
Who ate all the carrot sticks? Who ate all the carrot sticks? You healthy specimen, you healthy specimen, you ate all the carrot sticks!

:rofl: :y:
PBBee

Postby Reckless » 12 Feb 2011, 11:44

A Vegan Football Club owner what is the world coming to? Next we will have a Mormon pub on Barnet High Street.
I have two dear friends who are Vegan - Kirsty who stands on the ET and Darran a big Forest fan of my acquaintance who has been to Underhill with me a few times - both of them in my opinion, and I have told them, would feel much more alive if they were to tuck into a big fat Fillet steak with a mushroom and whole grain mustard sauce.:-)
I had a tip once from a Sous Chef who allegedly worked at the Ritz, met him on an away day train trip to Kettering some years ago - do not season a fillet steak until after it has cooked and rested for 3 minutes and then sprinkle sea salt and black pepper onto your plate and press the steak into the mixture. Salt too early or before cooking draws out moisture from meat you see. Do not smother the steak in sauce, just have it separate on the side. Saute potatoes and asparagus tips or green beans will compliment perfectly. To this day this is in my top 5 all time meals just behind lambs liver, caramalised onions, bacon, boiled potatoes peas and gravy. These guys are missing out on some wonderful things aren't they?
Reckless

Postby bucks bee » 12 Feb 2011, 12:02

A plate of tofu on a wet Tuesday evening in Nailsworth in November.

This is what we have to look forward to if we don't get three points this afternoon ...
bucks bee

Postby hobbitbee » 12 Feb 2011, 12:35

Yes Reckless, us vegans and vegetarians are missing out on lovely dead animals.........mmmm...yummy.
hobbitbee

Postby Reckless » 12 Feb 2011, 12:36

Yeah lets get stuck into the Torquay with all the trimmings.
Reckless

Postby hobbitbee » 12 Feb 2011, 12:40

Will Sir be wanting any added salmonellaa and saturated fat with his corpse?
hobbitbee

Postby Reckless » 12 Feb 2011, 12:42

:-)
Reckless

Postby Golf Delta » 12 Feb 2011, 18:09

Reckless wrote:I had a tip once from a Sous Chef who allegedly worked at the Ritz, met him on an away day train trip to Kettering some years ago - do not season a fillet steak until after it has cooked and rested for 3 minutes and then sprinkle sea salt and black pepper onto your plate and press the steak into the mixture. Salt too early or before cooking draws out moisture from meat you see. Do not smother the steak in sauce, just have it separate on the side. Saute potatoes and asparagus tips or green beans will compliment perfectly. To this day this is in my top 5 all time meals just behind lambs liver, caramalised onions, bacon, boiled potatoes peas and gravy. These guys are missing out on some wonderful things aren't they?

Try the fillet steak at The Belvedere restaurant in Holland Park. You get what you pay for there, truly outstanding!
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Golf Delta

Postby Hiveoccupier » 13 Feb 2011, 01:11

Reckless - whats's all this with salt and sauces - no wonder your mate is only a sous chef. If you have a good piece of steak (a good sirloin is often better than fillet) - get a hot griddle put the steak on it for a 1 minute each side to sear it and seal in all the goodness (no salt or seasoning) then turn it sideways and do it again for 1 minute of each side. That's it - it should be perfect. If it is a thin cut of apply a squeeze of lemon before you turn it over and If you must have sauces English mustard, pepper sause, dianne sauce, red wine sauce or rossini sauce - but please have them on the side and no BBQ or buttery stuff.

Mind you courgette flowers fried in a light pakora batter served with a balsamic reduction drizzle are very nice too.
Hiveoccupier

Return to General Barnet Chat