Leiston (Away) The Cup Half Full Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoofer2

Re: Leiston (Away) The Cup Half Full Match Thread

Josh SKywalker wrote:I think some of you might need to sharpen up on your social media jargon, specifically the word "troll".

If I was trolling I'd be purposely winding people up, the point of the emails were to find out if indeed Barnet fans are allowed to travel to away cup games to Tier 3 (&below) grounds and if not why did Leiston absolutely break the rules and let Barnet fans in from an area not deemed acceptable?

On the flip side, Edgehog could have had his tickets sent to and address in Suffolk.

Richard M - ironically your messaged bored me to death.
Have you managed to get a letter published in the Sunday papers yet, now that "Points of View" is no longer on TV? Try the Mail on Sunday or Star on Sunday

Leiston stood no chance in preventing fans from circumventing the rules any more than TK futile attempts for larger games at the Hive.
Josh SKywalker

Norfolkbee wrote:You didn't have to stand near anyone at Leiston on Saturday, particularly if you stood behind the goal the Bees were attacking in each half. You sometimes get half a terrace to yourselves if you go to a Step 4 game. If you don't support these clubs, they will disappear.
Your argument falls flat about Saturday's game and for any of you arguing "covid secure". Judging by the footage of 3 of the standing areas in the ground, there was absolutely no social distancing....if you managed to stay away from people then great but there was clearly a lot of people not social distancing. Absolutely none of you can call the part time players covid secure and then rocking up to the their jobs on Monday-Friday.

Frankly if some of these clubs "disappear" then it's a shame, but these are the times we live in...it's no bigger shame then some wedding reception business you've never heard of going bust because of Covid.
Josh SKywalker

hoofer2 wrote:
Josh SKywalker wrote:I think some of you might need to sharpen up on your social media jargon, specifically the word "troll".

If I was trolling I'd be purposely winding people up, the point of the emails were to find out if indeed Barnet fans are allowed to travel to away cup games to Tier 3 (&below) grounds and if not why did Leiston absolutely break the rules and let Barnet fans in from an area not deemed acceptable?

On the flip side, Edgehog could have had his tickets sent to and address in Suffolk.

Richard M - ironically your messaged bored me to death.
Have you managed to get a letter published in the Sunday papers yet, now that "Points of View" is no longer on TV? Try the Mail on Sunday or Star on Sunday

Leiston stood no chance in preventing fans from circumventing the rules any more than TK futile attempts for larger games at the Hive.
Not sure what cave you've been living in, but Points Of View is still alive and well on BBC1...maybe tweak your "comedy" a bit Champ.

You're right about Leiston, they take no blame here apart from potentially sending tickets to an address outside of Suffolk....I mean that was clearly allowed right, Hoofer?
becbee

Leiston obeyed the rules. Egdeog has had his fun with his wind-up, not caring that Leiston could have found themselves in trouble with the FA had they heard about it. But they didn't. We are in the 1st round proper. All's fine.
Norfolkbee

Josh SKywalker wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:You didn't have to stand near anyone at Leiston on Saturday, particularly if you stood behind the goal the Bees were attacking in each half. You sometimes get half a terrace to yourselves if you go to a Step 4 game. If you don't support these clubs, they will disappear.
Your argument falls flat about Saturday's game and for any of you arguing "covid secure". Judging by the footage of 3 of the standing areas in the ground, there was absolutely no social distancing....if you managed to stay away from people then great but there was clearly a lot of people not social distancing. Absolutely none of you can call the part time players covid secure and then rocking up to the their jobs on Monday-Friday.

Frankly if some of these clubs "disappear" then it's a shame, but these are the times we live in...it's no bigger shame then some wedding reception business you've never heard of going bust because of Covid.
You are either on a wind-up or you are currently living your life in a panic room somewhere. I suspect the first option.
Josh SKywalker

"on a wind up" - as lockdown hit, well played "Norfolkbee"
Norfolkbee

Josh SKywalker wrote:"on a wind up" - as lockdown hit, well played "Norfolkbee"
Grow up.
alexbach

My friend Judith has lost her sister and mum to covid in a little over two months. Shudder to think what she would make of the comments on this and other threads

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk