Hartlepool (Hive) The Only Pools Rush In Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re:The Swimming Pools and Steam Trains Match Thread

Postby beesfanme » 17 Oct 2020, 20:35

there are pros and cons for a game like that. my heart bleeds for the thousands who made their way to Underhillsl, then by coach to the Hive, only to watch a dull match. The cons are Stan Flashman, and Anthony Thomas. And a former striker was involved in a high profile domestic matter - Queen v King. The pros are not in our team but Albert Adomah once played with both Dickie and Dykes.

btw I am hoping that one day there will be a direct link from Underhills to The Hive, perhaps by car or walking? But whilst we are limited to National Railway I must admit I find it quite a detergent and I didn't even set out today. There we are, now I have admitted it..
beesfanme

Re: Hartlepool (Hive) The Pools and Streams Match Thread

Postby hoofer2 » 17 Oct 2020, 20:48

I hope that this is the club being risk averse to COVID-19. This time last year we ridiculously managed to get game called off due to “International” call ups - contributed to the fixture backlog as much as the pitch.

Another game to get Walker fit?
hoofer2

Postby ninestein » 17 Oct 2020, 21:19

You've got to laugh...One Dagenham fan took to our Twitter and thought our game had been postponed because of our 'swamp' of a pitch. He then backtracked and had the audacity to accuse us of faking test results to get the game called off. A real comedian in the making...

A few Pools fans disgruntled at the postponement and think they should lay claim to 3 points. But it's not as if they had made travel arrangements. Why the bitterness? Surely the point of this is to protect the players and officials of both clubs from spreading the virus not only to each other but from one region of the country to another. I think it's also obvious that no-one really knows the full background and protocols our clubs have to follow.

For me, there are two important things which i hope have happened:

1. The player concerned has reacted in the correct manner, and is safe and well.

2. The club has followed the correct procedure as laid out by the league.

So long as those two things have been satisfied, the fall out and perception is what it is. People will just have to get over it and the game will get played on another day.

I strongly suspect that the positive test happened Wednesday as some suggest, but those other players isolating have also been tested and we were hoping for a negative outcome in order to field enough of a squad. But it may be that come Friday night those results still hadn't come back. The league then has to advise the right course of action. In our case, a postponement. Notts County may well have had their negative tests confirmed in time, not that it helped them much this afternoon.
Last edited by ninestein on 17 Oct 2020, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ninestein

Postby becbee » 17 Oct 2020, 21:29

Ultimately it doesn't matter what other clubs fans think, we were authorised to postpone the match so presumably we followed the correct procedure.
The Hartlepool fans can say what they want but they'd have been even more unhappy had the match been played then it was discovered that we'd played infected players and passed the virus on to their players and staff.

Thankfully we don't have a scheduled midweek match this week and once our results come back will be in a better position to hopefully be able to fulfil our FA Cup tie on Saturday.
becbee

Postby ninestein » 17 Oct 2020, 21:32

becbee wrote:Ultimately it doesn't matter what other clubs fans think, we were authorised to postpone the match so presumably we followed the correct procedure.
The Hartlepool fans can say what they want but they'd have been even more unhappy had the match been played then it was discovered that we'd played infected players and passed the virus on to their players and staff.

Thankfully we don't have a scheduled midweek match this week and once our results come back will be in a better position to hopefully be able to fulfil our FA Cup tie on Saturday.

And then we have another weekend off as we were due to play Macclesfield the week after. Plenty of opportunity to get the squad well and fit.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ninestein

Postby OB1 » 18 Oct 2020, 06:28

ninestein wrote:You've got to laugh...One Dagenham fan took to our Twitter and thought our game had been postponed because of our 'swamp' of a pitch. He then backtracked and had the audacity to accuse us of faking test results to get the game called off. A real comedian in the making...

A few Pools fans disgruntled at the postponement and think they should lay claim to 3 points. But it's not as if they had made travel arrangements. Why the bitterness? Surely the point of this is to protect the players and officials of both clubs from spreading the virus not only to each other but from one region of the country to another. I think it's also obvious that no-one really knows the full background and protocols our clubs have to follow.

1. The player concerned has reacted in the correct manner, and is safe and well.

So long as those two things have been satisfied, the fall out and perception is what it is. People will just have to get over it and the game will get played on another day.

I strongly suspect that the positive test happened Wednesday as some suggest, but those other players isolating have also been tested and we were hoping for a negative outcome in order to field enough of a squad. But it may be that come Friday night those results still hadn't come back. The league then has to advise the right course of action. In our case, a postponement. Notts County may well have had their negative tests confirmed in time, not that it helped them much this afternoon.

It’s a coincidence that we played Notts County last week. There is the possibility that our player caught it from a County player or vice versa.
Reigning Prediction League Champion
OB1

Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Postby jerroll » 18 Oct 2020, 07:40

ninestein wrote:You've got to laugh...One Dagenham fan took to our Twitter and thought our game had been postponed because of our 'swamp' of a pitch. He then backtracked and had the audacity to accuse us of faking test results to get the game called off. A real comedian in the making...

Dagenham fans have unhealthy obsession with our pitch , they need to check how many games were postponed between August 2013 and December 2019!
jerroll

Postby BeeDeceived » 18 Oct 2020, 09:25

Altrincham were the first side in the league to have positive Covid tests at this level.

They have since played Notts County and Weymouth, who we have subsequently played.

Now Barnet, Notts and Weymouth have all had positive covid tests. And this is why Hartlepool fans should be grateful the game was called off, no matter how late the decision was made.
BeeDeceived

Postby JWTBee » 18 Oct 2020, 10:27

BeeDeceived wrote:Altrincham were the first side in the league to have positive Covid tests at this level.

They have since played Notts County and Weymouth, who we have subsequently played.

Now Barnet, Notts and Weymouth have all had positive covid tests. And this is why Hartlepool fans should be grateful the game was called off, no matter how late the decision was made.

Well said!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
JWTBee

Postby rudebwoyben » 18 Oct 2020, 11:35

BeeDeceived wrote:Altrincham were the first side in the league to have positive Covid tests at this level.

You should be employed to do track and tracing!
rudebwoyben

Postby alexbach » 18 Oct 2020, 12:46

jerroll wrote:

Dagenham fans have unhealthy obsession with our pitch , they need to check how many games were postponed between August 2013 and December 2019!
Hangus and Lawrence are the monkey hangers I remember hope they didn't travel

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
alexbach

Postby #Beebot » 18 Oct 2020, 14:23

#Beebot

Postby jerroll » 18 Oct 2020, 15:30

alexbach wrote:
jerroll wrote:

Lawrence passed away a few years back Alex.
jerroll

Postby alexbach » 18 Oct 2020, 20:15

jerroll wrote:
alexbach wrote:
jerroll wrote:

Lawrence passed away a few years back Alex.
Sorry about that

alexbach

Postby Roy57 » 19 Oct 2020, 15:06

So we have the possibility of having four players either at worst case testing positive for covid 19 or they will have to isolate for 14 days. So highly unlikely sat FA cup tie will go ahead or next Tuesdays game away to Wrexham. So this will mean last game against Weymouth 13th October and next fixture will be Saturday 14th at home to Bromley. So four weeks possibly before our next match. Good points in players fitness should improve but match fitness will go right out the window. But as stated most important issue is players safety and the non spread of this horrible virus. Which seems to have slipped the mind of a certain Dagenham supporter or a few supporters from Hartlepool.
Roy57

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat