Hartlepool (Hive) The Only Pools Rush In Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: Hartlepool (Hive) The Pools and Streams Match Thread

They have a larger squad and can afford to have a few players out, especially against a weak opponent on paper
PBBee

I meant more the fact that there doesn’t seem to be a fixed rule - surely all players are in close contact with each other. Negative results aren’t valid for some players (Tierney for example) because of their reliability
simples169

Why is Notts county game going ahead when 4 first team player test positive for covid when we have one player and game is off because all first team players have to self isolate? Does that not apply to Notts County unless they are putting out a reserve team?
#Beebot

simples169 wrote:Why is Notts county game going ahead when 4 first team player test positive for covid when we have one player and game is off because all first team players have to self isolate? Does that not apply to Notts County unless they are putting out a reserve team?
I don't think we had to postpone.
becbee

According to an article re St Mirren's match being called off states that UEFA rules state that a fixture can go ahead provided that a club has 13 available players, including a goalkeeper. Our problem is probably because we are a bit in limbo whilst we await test results. Or perhaps our problem is that the positive player is Scott Loach, which would definitely give us a problem.
Notts County have a big squad so having 4 players isn't a problem for them.

Hartlepool's match thread includes a comment saying that whilst they accept today's postponement is genuine, the situation could be manipulated.
Last edited by becbee on 17 Oct 2020, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.
pletch99

It may have to do with the timing of tests. Maybe Notts Co have had time to test and get a negative test result for the rest of their squad
HertsBee

If all the players were tested and only 1 had a positive result, then that person should self isolate and the rest carry on as normal. The game should have gone ahead. If 1 person in a factory tests positive, you wouldn't shut down the whole factory. Life needs to carry on as normal as possible. Some people will get it, some won't, so unless you lock down the whole country, then why not carry on.
PBBee

DSM wrote:Solihull v Borehamwood is streaming for free today apparently for anyone tragically bored.....possibly like me :D
Got this on via YouTube in the background. Been pretty smooth viewing so mostly using the 1 main camera view & the odd attempt at a replay.
alexbach

hendon4bee wrote:Most importantlyi hope the player is well and makes a speedy recovery.
Indeed..this could well be a pattern, especially when the weather gets colder

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
MCB

Would be a good time for a statement. Hartlepool have claimed we knew on Wednesday but only told them yesterday.

No idea what the situation is for us vs Notts County though. Suspicion they are testing more than other clubs - and it looks as though Richard Brindley maybe one of those who tested positive as he's not in the match squad.
PBBee

PBBee wrote:
DSM wrote:Solihull v Borehamwood is streaming for free today apparently for anyone tragically bored.....possibly like me :D
Got this on via YouTube in the background. Been pretty smooth viewing so mostly using the 1 main camera view & the odd attempt at a replay.
Very smooth coverage & nice replays for 10 man Solihull’s goal against our dear neighbours.
djhdjh

Didn't even concede a shot. Not much cutting edge, though.
hoofer2

I hope that this is the club being risk averse to COVID-19. This time last year we ridiculously managed to get game called off due to “International” call ups - contributed to the fixture backlog as much as the pitch.

Another game to get Walker fit?
ninestein

You've got to laugh...One Dagenham fan took to our Twitter and thought our game had been postponed because of our 'swamp' of a pitch. He then backtracked and had the audacity to accuse us of faking test results to get the game called off. A real comedian in the making...

A few Pools fans disgruntled at the postponement and think they should lay claim to 3 points. But it's not as if they had made travel arrangements. Why the bitterness? Surely the point of this is to protect the players and officials of both clubs from spreading the virus not only to each other but from one region of the country to another. I think it's also obvious that no-one really knows the full background and protocols our clubs have to follow.

For me, there are two important things which i hope have happened:

1. The player concerned has reacted in the correct manner, and is safe and well.

2. The club has followed the correct procedure as laid out by the league.

So long as those two things have been satisfied, the fall out and perception is what it is. People will just have to get over it and the game will get played on another day.

I strongly suspect that the positive test happened Wednesday as some suggest, but those other players isolating have also been tested and we were hoping for a negative outcome in order to field enough of a squad. But it may be that come Friday night those results still hadn't come back. The league then has to advise the right course of action. In our case, a postponement. Notts County may well have had their negative tests confirmed in time, not that it helped them much this afternoon.
Last edited by ninestein on 17 Oct 2020, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!