Hartlepool (Hive) The Only Pools Rush In Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Hartlepool (Hive) The Pools and Streams Match Thread

Postby moortownbee » 16 Oct 2020, 22:19

Game postponed due to a member of first team squad testing positive for covid.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2020/octo ... -game-off/
moortownbee

Postby Sam_BFC » 16 Oct 2020, 22:27

Will the season finish?
Must continue to get a reasonable number of points on the board early season so that PPG doesn't bite us.
Sam_BFC

Postby Mikel Bee » 16 Oct 2020, 22:43

This may mean we forfeit the FA Cup tie and Leiston get a bye?
Mikel Bee

Postby #Beebot » 16 Oct 2020, 22:49

Mikel Bee wrote:This may mean we forfeit the FA Cup tie and Leiston get a bye?

Quite possibly although it depends how many players came into contact with the positive player. If it's a handful we may get by and can make an emergency loan signing or two.

The league still have yet to confirm tomorrow's postponement.
#Beebot

Postby hendon4bee » 17 Oct 2020, 06:44

Most importantlyi hope the player is well and makes a speedy recovery.
hendon4bee

Postby pletch99 » 17 Oct 2020, 07:00

beesknees99 wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:I think this will be Pavey's day.
A tenner says it won’t be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You were right. It won't be Pavey's day.
pletch99

Postby becbee » 17 Oct 2020, 07:12

It seems strange to me that this gets announced at around 11pm. Surely the club knew earlier in the evening? The player in question surely didn't get his test result so late at night?
In the big scheme of things I know this point is unimportant, I am merely curious ( and disappointed about a blank Saturday afternoon).

EDIT. Hartlepool's O.S. states that they were notified by our medical officer at 9.40pm.
Last edited by becbee on 17 Oct 2020, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
becbee

Postby becbee » 17 Oct 2020, 07:19

#Beebot wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:This may mean we forfeit the FA Cup tie and Leiston get a bye?

Quite possibly although it depends how many players came into contact with the positive player. If it's a handful we may get by and can make an emergency loan signing or two.

The league still have yet to confirm tomorrow's postponement.

BBC Sport now showing our match as postponed.
becbee

Postby pletch99 » 17 Oct 2020, 08:13

Test results can come through at pretty much anytime. I watched a virtual gig last night and the singer concerned had 2 set lists in case the violinist he was performing with didn't get her test results through in time or got a test result. As it turned out she tested negative half an hour before show time. That would have been about 7.30pm last night. One can easily imagine that if you get a test result at that time, you sort out quarantining your players and tell the league etc in a bit of a rush. The communications could easily take a couple of hours. Particularly as some people won't immediately answer or check their phones.

I think it is obvious that during the day yesterday, the club were expecting the game to go ahead.
pletch99

Postby jerroll » 17 Oct 2020, 08:47

pletch99 wrote:Test results can come through at pretty much anytime. I watched a virtual gig last night and the singer concerned had 2 set lists in case the violinist he was performing with didn't get her test results through in time or got a test result. As it turned out she tested negative half an hour before show time. That would have been about 7.30pm last night. One can easily imagine that if you get a test result at that time, you sort out quarantining your players and tell the league etc in a bit of a rush. The communications could easily take a couple of hours. Particularly as some people won't immediately answer or check their phones.

I think it is obvious that during the day yesterday, the club were expecting the game to go ahead.

Same thing happened in march with Yeovil game , game on game on oops game off once fans had already travelled ! at least this time its on their team who had already travelled apparently so that's another cost for BFC despite it hardly being the clubs fault!
jerroll

Postby DSM » 17 Oct 2020, 08:52

Solihull v Borehamwood is streaming for free today apparently for anyone tragically bored.....possibly like me :D
DSM

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 17 Oct 2020, 09:35

:)

Might be a decent game as it happens.
Norfolk & Chance

Postby rudebwoyben » 17 Oct 2020, 10:10

Norfolk & Chance wrote::)

Might be a decent game as it happens.

Solihoof against that cynical lot up the road..are you sure?
rudebwoyben

Postby barnetjohn » 17 Oct 2020, 10:20

Five games off today across the National League & North and South leagues.

https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/statu ... 72576?s=19

This is quite a worrying development as self isolation requirements might render subsequent matches involvong the affected teams unable to go ahead. Given the lack of slack in the fixture list this season it creates potential fixture congestion if this kind of thing is gonigto happen regularly to teams. If the next few months have similar case loads to what we are seeing now (or even higher) it may be very difficult to complete the season. Maybe there is something that can be done testing wise,to help reduce knock on effects once an initial case is discovered. But could end up bring really challenging to complete the whole step 1 and 2 season.
barnetjohn

Postby letchbee94 » 17 Oct 2020, 12:07

Think this might not be the last postponement this season due to players testing positive for covid.
I don't mean just Barnet players but our opponents could have players testing positive meaning games being called off.
letchbee94

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat