Hartlepool (Hive) The Only Pools Rush In Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Hartlepool (Hive) The Pools and Streams Match Thread

becbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:perhaps if Hartlepool go out the cup & if we don't make rd 1 we could rearrange the game for 1st rd day. having checked their fixture i'd expect they would be going through!
Wrexham seem like a better chance seeing as they're away at Solihull in Q4 round.
Excellent point.
Bee_Forever

4 weeks with no match? Longer the better IMO the more time elapses the better chance we will get to see more games in person this season.

Plus we save on wages if we have to strengthen the squad later.

Roll on the early season break!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
letchbee94

Bee_Forever wrote:4 weeks with no match? Longer the better IMO the more time elapses the better chance we will get to see more games in person this season.

Games will wanna be re arranged ASAP though Cranners, but I know what you saying though.
ETBee

letchbee94 wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:4 weeks with no match? Longer the better IMO the more time elapses the better chance we will get to see more games in person this season.

Games will wanna be re arranged ASAP though Cranners, but I know what you saying though.

The Club still has to pay the wages of players and staff (apart from win bonuses) even if we are not playing but there would be no income so cash flow becomes an issue.
John Hunt

Off again unfortunately but sensible. I wondered why as a club who had episodes of COVID we were allowed to travel to Wales where outside visitors are not supposed to go. I know those travelling had a clean bill of health.

Personally think it is sensible and wish the lad and Wrexham well.

The country is in a mess. Multi tiered approach had good intentions I am sure but is confusing and allows those determined to flaunt the rules.Lockdown for November I say nationally. Suspend all sport immediately. Revisit after a month.

I dread the economic consequence of what I suggest but I care more for the health of us all.

Keep safe folks.

Most importantly let’s get that miracle vaccine sorted ASAP x
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
rudebwoyben

hendon4bee wrote:Off again unfortunately but sensible. I wondered why as a club who had episodes of COVID we were allowed to travel to Wales where outside visitors are not supposed to go. I know those travelling had a clean bill of health.

The country is in a mess. Multi tiered approach had good intentions I am sure but is confusing and allows those determined to flaunt the rules.Lockdown for November I say nationally. Suspend all sport immediately. Revisit after a month.

I dread the economic consequence of what I suggest but I care more for the health of us all.

Keep safe folks.

Senior level football in Wales was exempt from the lockdown imposed by the Welsh Senned.
john dockers shorts

hendon4bee wrote:Off again unfortunately but sensible. I wondered why as a club who had episodes of COVID we were allowed to travel to Wales where outside visitors are not supposed to go. I know those travelling had a clean bill of health.

Keep safe folks.

I guess if you've got a clean bill of health then you play and travel.

Judging by the way Wrexham played i think they must all have it.
Bee_Forever

Yes. Barnet 0 Covid-19

John Hunt

Poor Hartlepool. I guess it was our fault they lost today.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Bee_Forever

hendon4bee wrote:Poor Hartlepool. I guess it was our fault they lost today.
It's heartbreaking

Bee_Forever

beesfanme wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:Yes. Barnet 0 Covid-19

Hacker Alert! That was a funny message from your account. When we catch the scalliwag..
Why thank you sir

Bee_Forever

Re: Hartlepool (Hive) The Only Pools Rush In Match Thread

So.… tomorrow sees the bargain basement bees taking on promotion hopefully Hartlepool United in the rearranged Bananarama (c. Jerroll) fixture at the Hive.

After three very worrying defeats it is fair to say that all is not rosy in the Barnet garden at present and while I do not subscribe to the Beadle Out brigade (yet) things do need to improve and quickly. What worries me is how quickly the team seem to lose confidence and shape in games and that all it takes is one set back for them to do this. Against Kings Lynn it was the penalty situation and against Woking it was going 1 behind after a bright start. Our chairman has decided not to retain the services of Darren Currie by faffing around in the negotiations and we have also lost a fair few stalwarts of the team like Johnson and Akinola and yet what has replaced them has been significantly sub par. There was a reason that Fonguck and Mason-Clarke were not in the starting XI last year and this season is showing it, occasionally in HD.

On to our opponents the ever perceptive Monkey Hangers. After Barnet postponed the game late, with Hartlepool already in town their well informed :spite: fans took to social media to slag the club off saying it was a fix and we were scared to play them. This is the same bunch of geniuses who thought that a monkey was a French spy. It subsequently transpired that there were indeed a number of positive Covid tests and if the game had gone ahead then they would have put their and our players safety at risk. The same team which we were supposedly "scared" to play then received a thumping off Torquay which I must admit I enjoyed.

In terms of our team lineup we were missing Preston, Pascal, Duffus and Dunne from our Starting XI on Saturday which leaves us short of cover in defensive areas and playing the other ineffective McBurnie in central midfield. If none of these players are available for Tuesday then I think we need to enter the loan market as our defensive solidity is poor at present.

I would go:-

--------------------------------------- Loach-----------------------------------------

---McQueen----------Loan---------------------Nugent---------Connor----------

------------------------Taylor------------------Wordsworth------------------------

--Hooper-------------------------Fonguck----------------------Petrasso-----------

------------------------------------Faal------------------------------------------------

Subs: Azaze, Mason-Clarke, Vasilou, Binnon-Williams, Tompkins

Not holding out much hope for this one but if we don't concede early I hope we will grow in to the game.

COYB's :y:
finchleyman

I think I would start Vasilou rather than Hooper. Hartlepool's back four are big lads and Vas could get under them!
ETBee

I would also start with Vasiliou as he always wants to attack and if he can link up with Petrasso things could happen. I was wondering whether Wordsworth should base himself more in the centre circle +/- 20 yards and act as a link between defence and attack. At the moment our main means of getting forward is Nugent hoofing it forward. As we are only winning one in ten headers anything which keeps the ball on the ground is to be welcomed. Ideally we need Walker back.
Patel89

I completely agree about Vasilou he needs to be given a run of games A to build his confidence but also because I think he's got potential to be a real tricky player to defend against