Hartlepool (Hive) The Only Pools Rush In Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Hartlepool (Hive) The Only Pools Rush In Match Thread

After the Bromley and Kings Lynn matches I felt truly gutted. After the Woking match I just lost heart. When the rumours of a ridiculous postponement came at 6.15pm, I actually felt as though I'd be quite happy if the match was off, save me having another depressing afternoon / evening.
In the event, I found the first half boring but pleased that we'd got to half time without conceding. The second half was far more entertaining but then I started to really worry that maybe Hartlepool would undo all our good work. All my nerves and tension came back. Even now, over an hour after the final whistle, I feel on a high. I know a draw isn't much - but it's a start. And at least tonight reminded me why I watch Barnet FC.
ninestein

Glad we've stopped the rot. Now we've got a free hit against MK Dons to look forward to. A result in that would do wonders for our team's morale.

Just listened to PB's post match interview. Looks like Preston will be out until the New Year, although Walker and Tyrone are close to returning. I suspect we'll be seeing Harry at centre back for a bit now, especially with Dunne fit again.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
MCB

Matt Preston out a month or two, Xander long term with a hamstring injury. How depressing for him.
alexbach

All is right with the world.london followed Hartlepool in electing a buffoon as mayor some years laterImage

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
jerroll

alexbach wrote:All is right with the world.london followed Hartlepool in electing a buffoon as mayor some years laterImage

London has had 3 buffoons in a row as Mayor!
LeftSideRun

MCB wrote:Matt Preston out a month or two, Xander long term with a hamstring injury. How depressing for him.
Other things may change but the Barnet injury curse continues.
alexbach

jerroll wrote:
alexbach wrote:All is right with the world.london followed Hartlepool in electing a buffoon as mayor some years laterImage

London has had 3 buffoons in a row as Mayor!
Probably harsh on Hangus .he was re-elected

ETBee

LeftSideRun wrote:
MCB wrote:Matt Preston out a month or two, Xander long term with a hamstring injury. How depressing for him.
We are no worse than any other club. All football teams feel they have an injury curse. Look at Liverpool v Leicester recently. It's the nature of football and many other games where physical contact is involved. Managers just have to ensure that they have big enough squads with versatile players of quality who can step in. That's their job. I'm only stating obvious really.
becbee

ETBee wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:
We are no worse than any other club. All football teams feel they have an injury curse. Look at Liverpool v Leicester recently. It's the nature of football and many other games where physical contact is involved. Managers just have to ensure that they have big enough squads with versatile players of quality who can step in. That's their job. I'm only stating obvious really.
Also, yes know about Liverpool but we don't know about other clubs at our level because their players aren't familiar names to us and their players injuries aren't newsworthy. We see 11 names on an opposition team sheet, we don't wonder about their absentees. Unless the opposition have a player suffer a really horrible injury in a match against us, or a known goal scorer or ex Barnet player is absent, we don't have a clue about opposition injuries.

On this subject, apparently Michael Gash suffered a debilitating illness during the summer which saw him hospitalised. Hence why he didn't play against us for Kings Lynn last week.
hoofer2

A much improved performance. My expectations this season are no more than " as long as the team is solid at the back", then can grind out results.

Petrasso a very good signing. I'd like to see Faal given 90 minutes with Hooper on the bench. Walker to replace EMC as soon as fit.

Alternative Petrasso playing in hole behind front two of Walker and......

We still lack depth to the squad and are exposed every time we have an injury.

I have been one of the ones that questions what Dunne does for the team, and yesterday showed why he is important. The continuity between defence and midfield, second line of defence, not getting caught out by advancing too far up pitch, make it difficult for opposition to play down the middle.

Need the flair players and strikers to step up
natwilk

gashman is just the kind of player we need just now, to win and hold the ball up, and lay it off to the strikers, and to chip in with a few goals of his own.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
STAB

John Akinde would be good, not a regular 1st choice at Gillingham.
LeftSideRun

ETBee wrote:
LeftSideRun wrote:
I get what you mean about noticing injuries at your own club more but I thought Liverpool and Leicester were able to name remarkably consistent lineups in their title seasons. Barnet have had terrible injury problems over the past 4 seasons or so, every season. In particular, signing a player only for him to suffer a long term injury in the first month or so is a modern Barnet special (Tarpey, Pavey, Richards, Preston).