Hartlepool (Hive) The Only Pools Rush In Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Hartlepool (Hive) The Only Pools Rush In Match Thread

Postby Bee_Forever » 15 Oct 2020, 10:57

So.…. Saturday sees the bees take on Hartlepool United who have had an excellent start to the season and find themselves top of the league after 4 games. Some would say that is unbelievable (Jeff) but as one of the fairly large ex league clubs currently matriculating in the Non League there was always going to be a time when they would pull themselves together to mount a promotion push.

The Pool's improved position is in stark contrast to some of Barnet's performances where we have been treading water as we try to stem the flow of goals going in. Having said this, given the prophecies of doom at the start of the season having 6 points from 4 games is not a bad return and the form of Hooper and Fonguck has certainly watered down some of the concerns which bees fans had at the start of the season. This is certainly going to be a tough game for us and a real test of how far we have come in the last few weeks but you never know. I have happy memories of Batt finally getting off the mark at the Hive versus Hartlepool and maybe this will be the game where Pavey breaks his duck?

After the Streaming issues which happened on Tuesday it is to be hoped that they will have got these resolved and that Barnet fans will be able to a)log on, b) hear the commentators, c) watch a smooth screen of the game without interruptions. Just like Pavey they are trying their best so some patience is needed. If it ends up being as successful as Edgar Davids on an anger management course, I am sure they will put it on YouTube.

On that subject I have no idea whether we can expect to see Walker, McBurnie, Richards and Preston in a Barnet shirt any time soon and with Petrasso presumably some way off match fitness I think the best we can expect is the same starting lineup with the kids and Petrasso on the bench.

--------------------------------Loach----------------------------------

--McQueen--------Duffus---------Nugent------Binnon-Williams--

--Mason-Clarke------Dunne-------Taylor------------Fonguck------

--------------------Pavey----------Hooper------------------------------

Subs: Petrasso and the kids

I will be watching this one at home under Tier 2 Lockdown :*(: COYBS. :y:
Last edited by Bee_Forever on 23 Nov 2020, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
Bee_Forever

Re: Hartlepool (Hive) The Pools and Streams Match Thread

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 15 Oct 2020, 11:11

I think this will be Pavey's day.
Norfolk & Chance

Postby b4life » 15 Oct 2020, 11:51

Norfolk & Chance wrote:I think this will be Pavey's day.

I guess one has to go in eventually. Mind you may people said the same about Shaun Batt for a long, long time. He only needs one goal to get him going, he's really good in training, he just needs a bit of confidence they said......
b4life

Postby ETBee » 15 Oct 2020, 12:03

Sadly Pavey is not very good in training!
ETBee

Postby #Beebot » 15 Oct 2020, 12:41

Unlike Batt, Pavey has at least demonstrated that he can score at a level of football. Not this level, but he has been prolific before.
#Beebot

Postby MCB » 15 Oct 2020, 12:52

Just noticed they are top of the table and unbeaten.

I've barely noticed them in the last few years - a club with plenty of history and success, but really been the epitomy of 'meh' in the last decade.

Our record against them in league football is W11 D6 L9 - I know i've been to plenty of the games but the only game that springs to mind is the 0-2 down, Shaun Batt last minute winner.
MCB

Postby beesknees99 » 15 Oct 2020, 12:55

A tenner says it won’t be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beesknees99

Postby Patel89 » 15 Oct 2020, 12:56

I have faith in Pavey I really think he will come good... I hope so anyway
Patel89

Postby Valter E » 15 Oct 2020, 13:26

My prediction is two goals this weekend for Pavey!
Valter E

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 15 Oct 2020, 13:36

beesknees99 wrote:
A tenner says it won’t be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a gambling man. ;) :)
Norfolk & Chance

Postby becbee » 15 Oct 2020, 17:14

b4life wrote:

I guess one has to go in eventually. Mind you may people said the same about Shaun Batt for a long, long time. He only needs one goal to get him going, he's really good in training, he just needs a bit of confidence they said......

Not keen about the comparison with Shaun Batt, seeing as when finally scored a goal for us, he injured himself doing so and never played for us again.
becbee

Postby TWS » 15 Oct 2020, 19:37

Wasn't Batt's goal against Hartlepool...............
TWS

Amended so ggy matching threads

Postby beesfanme » 15 Oct 2020, 23:25

Bee_So ever wrote:So ggy pith on Saturday will not help our brave dads, but the dry seas and the bees take on Swimming pool United who have had an excellent start to the season and find themselves top of the league after 4 games, Snap, Ludo. Boggle and Connect 4. Some would say that is unberivable (Mutt and Jeff) but as one of the fairly lager ex golf clubs currently matriculating in the Nunn-Be Leaguers there was always going to be a thyme when they would pull themselves together with two mountains and a promenade push.

The Swimming Pool's improved position is in stark naked contrast to some of Barnet's performances where we have been drinking water as we try to stem the flow of shoals of fish going in. Raving said this, "given the prophecies of room at the top of the season to you having 6 pints from 4 games is not a bad return and the form of Jeff Cooper and Fonduck has certainly watered down some of the concerns which bees fans had at the top of the morning to you". This is certainly going to be a doughnut game for us and a real breast stroke of how far we have come in the last few wokes but you never know. I have happy memories of Bathing costumes finally getting off the Mark Spitz at the Dive versus swimming pool and maybe this will be the game where Divey breaks his duck who can swim in hair conditioners?

After the Streaming rain tissues which were blown on Tuesday it is to be poped that they will have got these resolvant and that Barnet electric fans will be able to dry the wet pitch a)log on, b) bear the commentators, c) watch a computer screen of the game without interruptions. Just like Divey they are trying their breast stroke so some patience is needed. If it ends up being as successful as Edgar Davids on a banger and mash main course, I am sure they will put it up Your fallopian Tubes.

On that subject I have no idea whether we can expect to see anyone Walker on water, McBikini, Pilchardsand Preston United in a Barnet shirt any time so on and with Picasso presumably some way off match fitness and also dead I think the best we can expect is the same starting lineup with the kids and Picasso on the beach.

--------------------------------Beach----------------------------------

--McQueen--------Duffle Coat---------Ted Nugent------Just William--

--Dave Clarke 5------Dunne-------Tailor------------Fonguck------

-------------------Sack the Diving Board----------Geoff Cooper------------------------------

Subs: Picasso and the saucepans

I will be washing this one at home under Toggle 2 eiderdown :*(: COYBS coy bathing suits. :y:
beesfanme

Postby Bee_Forever » 16 Oct 2020, 18:56

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Bee_Forever

Postby BEE428 » 16 Oct 2020, 19:02

Hope they do another live second half taster on youtube (especially if we're winning!)
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
BEE428

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat