EFL Petition

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: EFL Petition

Postby pauln50 » 21 Oct 2020, 15:39

becbee wrote:I'm not convinced how effective contact tracing can ever be anyway. Since it came in, I've visited various cafes, restaurants, outdoor and indoor venues. I have given my name and either my landline or my mobile phone number. Touch wood, as yet, no come backs ( I do quake when the phone rings!). But it does strike me how anybody weak the system is because on not a single occasion have I ever been asked to show I.D. So who knows how many of the people who haven't been contactable have been giving false information?
IMO the system relies on people to "do the right thing". Yet a recent MORI poll showed only 73% of people canvassed said they were doing that all the time.


I have been to about a dozen games in the Southern league so far this season, Kempston, Biggleswade, Ampthill or Bedford and at this level I doubt if many people would give the wrong contact information. At all of these grounds with such small crowds, my friend and I are recognised and a lot of the supporters know each other through attending matches and working and living in the area. A lot of people use the NHS app to log in as well.
The supporters at all three grounds tend to keep their distance and raise voices to chat. Biggleswade has red dots every meter so it is easy to gauge. Tea huts and bars have one way systems.
So, I tend not to worry too much about spectators, even though I have stage 4 cancer and an immune system shot to pieces, I wear a mask and so do lots of others.
What does concern me is the players. At all matches the players hug when scoring and even do huddles before a game. At Ampthill We were speaking to a current FA ref who was fuming. Because he was there as a spectator and not in an official capacity he could do nothing but said if he had been in the middle he would have threatened to abandon the game if the players didn't behave.
User avatar
pauln50
 
Posts: 1191
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 15:36
Location: Bedford

Re: EFL Petition

Postby pletch99 » 21 Oct 2020, 17:42

To bee or not to bee wrote:Your argument those 15 Basingstoke fans are not putting other people at risk is fundamentally flawed. If 1 of them had it he/she probably spread it to the other 14. With the r rate at 1.4 that means those 14 will spread it to another 20 people who will then spread it to another 28 who will then spread it to another 40 and so on and so on. So that’s over 100 people infected by 1 idiot. Admittedly 99 will probably survive but 1 will die. That’s murder as far as I’m concerned. These idiots need to be stamped on hard. I won’t be going to football until they are.


Quite right my argument is flawed. You're right the Basingstoke fans were idiots. Hadn't properly engaged my brain.

Not going to stop going to games myself mind, while there are still games to go too.
pletch99
 
Posts: 452
Joined: 28 May 2011, 06:52

Re: EFL Petition

Postby becbee » 21 Oct 2020, 17:47

pauln50 wrote:
becbee wrote:I'm not convinced how effective contact tracing can ever be anyway. Since it came in, I've visited various cafes, restaurants, outdoor and indoor venues. I have given my name and either my landline or my mobile phone number. Touch wood, as yet, no come backs ( I do quake when the phone rings!). But it does strike me how anybody weak the system is because on not a single occasion have I ever been asked to show I.D. So who knows how many of the people who haven't been contactable have been giving false information?
IMO the system relies on people to "do the right thing". Yet a recent MORI poll showed only 73% of people canvassed said they were doing that all the time.


I have been to about a dozen games in the Southern league so far this season, Kempston, Biggleswade, Ampthill or Bedford and at this level I doubt if many people would give the wrong contact information. At all of these grounds with such small crowds, my friend and I are recognised and a lot of the supporters know each other through attending matches and working and living in the area. A lot of people use the NHS app to log in as well.
The supporters at all three grounds tend to keep their distance and raise voices to chat. Biggleswade has red dots every meter so it is easy to gauge. Tea huts and bars have one way systems.
So, I tend not to worry too much about spectators, even though I have stage 4 cancer and an immune system shot to pieces, I wear a mask and so do lots of others.
What does concern me is the players. At all matches the players hug when scoring and even do huddles before a game. At Ampthill We were speaking to a current FA ref who was fuming. Because he was there as a spectator and not in an official capacity he could do nothing but said if he had been in the middle he would have threatened to abandon the game if the players didn't behave.


Completely agree with you about people giving contact details at places where someone might well know them. My point was really more relevant to places where people know nobody and know that nobody there knows them, which has been the case at the places I've been to and was referring to.
becbee
 
Posts: 8604
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:43

Re: EFL Petition

Postby shankbee01 » 21 Oct 2020, 21:32

pauln50 wrote:
becbee wrote:I'm not convinced how effective contact tracing can ever be anyway. Since it came in, I've visited various cafes, restaurants, outdoor and indoor venues. I have given my name and either my landline or my mobile phone number. Touch wood, as yet, no come backs ( I do quake when the phone rings!). But it does strike me how anybody weak the system is because on not a single occasion have I ever been asked to show I.D. So who knows how many of the people who haven't been contactable have been giving false information?
IMO the system relies on people to "do the right thing". Yet a recent MORI poll showed only 73% of people canvassed said they were doing that all the time.


I have been to about a dozen games in the Southern league so far this season, Kempston, Biggleswade, Ampthill or Bedford and at this level I doubt if many people would give the wrong contact information. At all of these grounds with such small crowds, my friend and I are recognised and a lot of the supporters know each other through attending matches and working and living in the area. A lot of people use the NHS app to log in as well.
The supporters at all three grounds tend to keep their distance and raise voices to chat. Biggleswade has red dots every meter so it is easy to gauge. Tea huts and bars have one way systems.
So, I tend not to worry too much about spectators, even though I have stage 4 cancer and an immune system shot to pieces, I wear a mask and so do lots of others.
What does concern me is the players. At all matches the players hug when scoring and even do huddles before a game. At Ampthill We were speaking to a current FA ref who was fuming. Because he was there as a spectator and not in an official capacity he could do nothing but said if he had been in the middle he would have threatened to abandon the game if the players didn't behave.
Firstly, sorry to hear about your condition, that’s truly terrible and I hope you are able to recover. I don’t really understand the stuff about players huddling as what happens at corners? What happens with last minute free kicks where you have 20-23 players smashing around in the box, breathing heavily?

The sad reality is that Covid doesn’t lend itself to any of this stuff. Decisions are being made part with health in mind and part with the economy in mind. In reality, this helps neither. Everything should be stopped or nothing stopped. There is no halfway house with this stuff and we are in a complete and utter mess.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shankbee01
 
Posts: 379
Joined: 19 Apr 2015, 12:31

Re: EFL Petition

Postby king45bee » 24 Oct 2020, 08:05

I just don't understand why going to cinema ok to watch West Ham or Norwich fans watching at the ground on tvs with curtains drawn. Not much logical thought can see. Not sure would be personally keen on either but just seems odd.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
king45bee
 
Posts: 484
Joined: 01 Aug 2016, 17:34

Previous

Return to General Barnet Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hoppy, Majestic-12 [Bot], RichardM and 30 guests