What will you do....

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetjohn

Re: What will you do....

Probably a mixture of both. It's nice to watch a game in the flesh, but equally as a Bees fan you want to stay in touch and see how the team is playing. I can imagine going to Hitchin again as it's an easy train ride and a lovely ground. And I'll watch a few Hadley games as well.

I guess it'll depend on the circumstances of the day. If the weather is bad I'll probably stay in. If it looks nice I'll probably go to a live game. Also not sure what the quality of live streams will be. (Image quality, feed reliability, replays, commentary etc) - I imagine that'll play a role. Plus it's hard to know what it'll be like follow a whole season on line. Maybe I'll get used to it and I'll watch every game (I go to about 85% of games home and away normally). But maybe I'll get fed up with watching on a laptop every week.
John Hunt

I’d do as I will do anyway try to be patient and wait until it’s safe.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
alexbach

hendon4bee wrote:I’d do as I will do anyway try to be patient and wait until it’s safe.
I agree Imagehave a modicum of faith in drakeford Imagethe British government have been cleless so far Image my local hsve had to change their signs,so I could use the" ain't no party like an s club party" gagImageImageImage

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk
tonbridgebee

It's something I'll be following at close quarters over the coming days and weeks to see if they allow it. Personally I don't see why 1000 people in National League size stadium's can't be perfect, plenty of room to social distance and better stewarding to monitor than all the levels below.

If it gets put back any further while clubs may last around four more weeks for some, the long term harm is what will come over the next few months and the end for many clubs at all levels not just at ours.

I've been to Step 5 and 6 games since 1st September, some clubs are doing this very well, some are moderate and others not so great, but they're run on bands of volunteers and if I didn't feel safe I wouldn't go. I've worked all through the pandemic so maybe my view is a little distorted compared to some, but I am happy to go to games.

There is as much chance giving Covid to someone as the common cold and flu in the next few months and it's something that won't go away so we have learn to live with it, it's down to personal choice and risk in some respects as to how each individual reacts to it, no on should be judged for their opinion on it.

I was aiming to go to The Hive more often this season, not sure I can justify wanting to be there every other week as my blogging I prefer to mix up my grounds to go to, a few match tickets on weekly sale probably would persuade me to make some extra trips as the season goes on, but we'll see what happens.
becbee

Your comment about the common cold or flu is quite apt. According to the Office for National Statistics, deaths from flu in August was 12.6% of all deaths, deaths from Coronavirus was 1.1%.
Also deaths from flu this summer is well down on previous years due to increased handwashing / sanitation and social distancing / vulnerable people being cautious.
Obviously Coronavirus is still out there and isn't something any of us want to risk - but it's not something I fear from going to a socially distanced NL football match. Probably currently healthier than sitting / standing in a crowded area for over 90 minutes next to someone who's sniffing, coughing, sneezing, which we've all done in the past.