club update statement

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
PurleyBee

Re: club update statement

Am sure those £199 season tickets will fly off the shelves
Tuesds

At least we’re not going part time! (Look, I’m trying my best to find some good news here...)
BeesKnees

I think that confirms it.

Reduce the wage bill to next to nothing, get a manager in and see what they can do on a shoestring.

This isnt an attack on TK, just a recognition of the situation.

I will take up the season ticket offer plus buy one for son and and father in law given the chance. There is a key difference with Barnet when compared to other clubs, we are effectively excluded from the finances and so the club cannot ask fans to put their hands in their pockets in the same way you see elsewhere. I'm sure TK doesnt need my money but I will feel better knowing that I have given something, whether I go or not.
John Hunt

£199 seems reasonable.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
pletch99

I'd like some information on my membership. I have had absolutely no contact from the club to tell me my membership has been discontinued. The implication in the one price season ticket offer, is that the membership scheme is being stopped.

Unlike some, I liked the membership scheme and was happy to contribute to the club over the close season.
beew

I’m in.
jerroll

pletch99 wrote:I'd like some information on my membership. I have had absolutely no contact from the club to tell me my membership has been discontinued. The implication in the one price season ticket offer, is that the membership scheme is being stopped.

Unlike some, I liked the membership scheme and was happy to contribute to the club over the close season.
i'd guess so Pletch, i was the same as you until february when in a fit of anger at another postponement i emailed to cancel from the end of the season! then in may in a fit of guilt and sympathy i emailed the club to reinstate only to be told i couldn't and would need to reapply for the new season!
ninestein

I'm sure there was an announcement a few weeks ago that the current membership scheme will cease and that a new offering would be announced.

I too enjoyed the notion of paying a smaller monthly amount, but £199 for a season ticket in this league is pretty good going. Less than £9 per game! One must assume that the seating arrangements will be very different to what we're used to. We might not get the central blocks we're all used to as we end up getting spaced out more.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
jerroll

ninestein wrote:I'm sure there was an announcement a few weeks ago that the current membership scheme will cease and that a new offering would be announced.

I too enjoyed the notion of paying a smaller monthly amount, but £199 for a season ticket in this league is pretty good going. Less than £9 per game! One must assume that the seating arrangements will be very different to what we're used to. We might not get the central blocks we're all used to.
like a Richard Nugent clearance from days gone by - anywhere will do!
pletch99

£199 isn't far off half price compared to my annual membership, so if that's the way to secure my ticket, I will buy one. While I am not too optimistic about our prospects on the pitch I have really missed live football during the pandemic. While I regularly watch games as a neutral, I simply don't get the same level of emotional involvement watching anyone else. Therefore I will be back at the Hive for my fix.
Tuesds

BeesKnees wrote:I think that confirms it.

Reduce the wage bill to next to nothing, get a manager in and see what they can do on a shoestring.

This isnt an attack on TK, just a recognition of the situation.

I will take up the season ticket offer plus buy one for son and and father in law given the chance. There is a key difference with Barnet when compared to other clubs, we are effectively excluded from the finances and so the club cannot ask fans to put their hands in their pockets in the same way you see elsewhere. I'm sure TK doesnt need my money but I will feel better knowing that I have given something, whether I go or not.
Agree with this summary, and the sentiment.

Going to need to manage our squad’s fitness better/have better luck re injuries next season! As I say, I do draw some comfort from the resolution in the statement that we will not be going part time. That in itself means that there should be no inevitability about struggling at the bottom end of the league next season. We might, but if* we get the right manager and a fair wind, it shouldn’t be out of the question for us to put out a competitive National League side.

*Big If!
Mikel Bee

Tuesds wrote:At least we’re not going part time! (Look, I’m trying my best to find some good news here...)
That was the line I was looking for.

We are remaining a full time professional club. The budget will understandably be cut, but as we saw with Wrexham's statement yesterday Barnet are far from the only club making large cutbacks. We can still be competitive in this division. The new manager needs to build a small, tight knit squad on a budget. Maybe as things return to normal and the Hive starts generating money again, more cash will become available for the squad.

£199 is a very good offer. With THL's capacity likely reduced, it's a no brainer.
Sam_BFC

The statement is okay, and the 199 offer is good.
We will soon appoint a new manager who will have a completely blank canvas to rebuild the squad. There is a huge pool of talented and experienced footballers seeking an opportunity to join a historic Club with facilities like ours. As one of the most desirable clubs to work for in the league, there is no shortage of applicants
Let us hope this is true.
Without knowing the ins and outs, one has to wonder why didn't Darren Currie fancy this challenge.

I am reminded of one of the Graz lockdown interviews where he expressed frustration at TK's assumption that players would be desperate to sign for us on the basis of the facilities alone.
Tynant14

Will there be a deal for us poor old pensioners who have been members since we arrived at The Hive sitting in the same seat. Oh and by the way was a season ticket holder at Underhill.