Ruby Dream

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Ruby Dream

Apologies in advance to those of you who don't follow the nags but horse racing is back in this country tomorrow.
In the 2.45 at Newcastle, having its first race is Ruby Dream. Current odds are 66/1 in a 12 horse race.
The Sporting Life point out that it has been drawn on the wing (ie drawn in stall 1).
Worth a small punt, maybe??
MCB

Re: Ruby Dream

Been a while since we had our regular horse racing thread - may see if i've any free bets kicking around!

Not knowing a thing (which is why i'd never use my own money!) is being drawn on the wing a good or bad thing?
hoppy

MCB wrote:Been a while since we had our regular horse racing thread - may see if i've any free bets kicking around!

Not knowing a thing (which is why i'd never use my own money!) is being drawn on the wing a good or bad thing?
It all depends on the track, MCB. Also the number of runners can affect the draw bias and, of course, the distance raced.
Ruby Dream would have a better chance tomorrow with a high draw, but ability of the horse and the skill of the jockey are far more important than the draw.
This will be Ruby Dream's first race so we have no idea how good it is.
With no racing for many weeks and all stables hit by the lockdown the races over the next few weeks will all be a bit if a lottery, so, who knows?
Good luck MCB.A few wins at 66/1 and we will all be millionaires!! (That's the Hoppy Dream).
Yachtsman

Finished 10th of 11 runners. Always next time!
JohnH
MCB

Phew, thank god I forgot!