Sunday Times Rich List

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
gowerfan

Sunday Times Rich List

Congratulation to TK for entering the Rich List.
Mikel Bee

Re: Sunday Times Rich List

Blimey. I imagine that figure takes in to account the value of The Hive?
MCB

Blimey. Doesn't make it half owning a successful nationwide stationary chain, but does with a non league football club.

But I feel there is an element of today's Mail on Sunday story about Keir Starmer with this.

Yes the Hive complex may be valued at £75 million, but its only worth what someone's prepared to pay for it, and like Kier's mothers land you can't build 75 houses on it as you won't get planning permission, and actually, it's worth far less.

And of course, both occasionally double up as donkey sanctuaries.
Masuka

All those wedding receptions he put on at the Hive have paid dividends.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
pgbee

MCB wrote:Blimey. Doesn't make it half owning a successful nationwide stationary chain, but does with a non league football club.

But I feel there is an element of today's Mail on Sunday story about Keir Starmer with this.

Yes the Hive complex may be valued at £75 million, but its only worth what someone's prepared to pay for it, and like Kier's mothers land you can't build 75 houses on it as you won't get planning permission, and actually, it's worth far less.

And presumably includes the value of the squad. :-)
rudebwoyben

pgbee wrote:
MCB wrote:Blimey. Doesn't make it half owning a successful nationwide stationary chain, but does with a non league football club.

And presumably includes the value of the squad. :-)
So Tony would have been placed higher up the list if we had not sold Jack Taylor?
Norfolk & Chance

Swapped an asset for cash, a different type of asset.
Should still be included (if the squad was indeed included).
wearebees

Sorry you'll have to tilt your head!
DSC_2548.JPG
DSC_2549.JPG
Ajtheone04

It's nice to see him on the rich list but I just hope it doesn't give people the wrong impression of us as a club

We're not just throwing money around like teams like Salford

It's spent shrewdly and I think that's more important, especially during times like this

I know he has his haters but to be keeping us financially stable for 25 years I think TK deserves some credit
Sam_BFC

I think I remember someone posting claims a few years ago implying that TK didn't have a pot to piss in and had a caravan parked in his driveway.
RichardM

Ajtheone04 wrote:It's nice to see him on the rich list but I just hope it doesn't give people the wrong impression of us as a club

It's spent shrewdly and I think that's more important, especially during times like this

I know he has his haters but to be keeping us financially stable for 25 years I think TK deserves some credit
One of the most sensible posts I have seen on this forum for months.
Norfolkbee

Ajtheone04 wrote:It's nice to see him on the rich list but I just hope it doesn't give people the wrong impression of us as a club

Bit unfair on Salford really. They set a goal, put together a decent team and achieved it. There have been far worse cases of teams "throwing money around" which have not ended well.
rudebwoyben

Norfolkbee wrote:

Bit unfair on Salford really. They set a goal, put together a decent team and achieved it. There have been far worse cases of teams "throwing money around" which have not ended well.
I don’t think that’s true. Salford is arguably the most egregious case of this. Being able to tempt Adam Rooney from Aberdeen with almost 5 figure weekly wages for a start.
beew

Shrewdly? Not a word I would of used, our squad and long lists of managers over the last five years, suggests otherwise.
Norfolkbee

rudebwoyben wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:

I don’t think that’s true. Salford is arguably the most egregious case of this. Being able to tempt Adam Rooney from Aberdeen with almost 5 figure weekly wages for a start.
Wages in Scotland (auld firm apart) are not spectacular. We could probably tempt a decent Scottish League player with our top wage. The main thing against this (as with any player from north of Watford) is London area property prices.
Last edited by Norfolkbee on 18 May 2020, 15:27, edited 3 times in total.