The 3rd video interview is.........

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
tonbridgebee

The 3rd video interview is.........

So far two interviews, two title winners.

On Saturday 23rd May at 3pm, I bring you a further Barnet FC title winner and none other than...……..

GARY PHILLIPS!!!!!!!

Yes, Sumo will be my video guest for an afternoon of tales and stories from his legendary career and as always questions are invited via the usual channels, email to tkenterprises2019@outlook.com, via Twitter, @trevk37 or attach them to this thread.

Plenty of time to get together what you want asked as per the others I will be asking Gary what his all time best Barnet team he has played with.
john dockers shorts

Re: The 3rd video interview is.........

Brilliant, I even requested Gary Phillips. I wonder if he still has has my drawing I did of him in 1984 after I was mascot!
tonbridgebee

john dockers shorts wrote:Brilliant, I even requested Gary Phillips. I wonder if he still has has my drawing I did of him in 1984 after I was mascot!
Is that your question?
:D
ninestein

The MA and Hendon interviews were great, but i reckon this one could trump them both. I bet there's loads of stories and unknown tales from the Fry/Flashman era which could be told.

I'd love to know how he felt waking up on the morning of that Fisher game, and how were the emotions throughout the day?

Would also love to hear his recollection of that awful summer of 1993 when he and a few others stuck around not knowing if we were going to survive, and what was it like trying to get a team together with only weeks to spare before the opening game.

Also, as a fellow keeper, how did he get on with Mark Flashman?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Sam_BFC

Could things have been different or was it inevitable that the Stan Flashman bubble would eventually burst?
Psycho

1. Did you feel any resentment towards Ray Clemence coming in as manager at the time he did?
(immediately after holding Chelsea to a 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup. Not even enough time for Sumo to do a post-match interview).

2. Was Geoff Cooper always winding up his fellow players as much as supporters with light-hearted jokes? :D

3. Was that Manchester City match at Underhill in the League Cup your best ever performance given their Premier League quality? (Steve McMahon, Peter Beagrie, Niall Quinn among many other great players at the time). You were unbeatable that night!
tonbridgebee

ninestein wrote:The MA and Hendon interviews were great, but i reckon this one could trump them both. I bet there's loads of stories and unknown tales from the Fry/Flashman era which could be told.

I'd love to know how he felt waking up on the morning of that Fisher game, and how were the emotions throughout the day?

Would also love to hear his recollection of that awful summer of 1993 when he and a few others stuck around not knowing if we were going to survive, and what was it like trying to get a team together with only weeks to spare before the opening game.

Also, as a fellow keeper, how did he get on with Mark Flashman?
On the list mate, middle will get discussed during the interview
tonbridgebee

Sam_BFC wrote:Could things have been different or was it inevitable that the Stan Flashman bubble would eventually burst?
On the list Sam.
tonbridgebee

Psycho wrote:1. Did you feel any resentment towards Ray Clemence coming in as manager at the time he did?
(immediately after holding Chelsea to a 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup. Not even enough time for Sumo to do a post-match interview).

2. Was Geoff Cooper always winding up his fellow players as much as supporters with light-hearted jokes? :D

3. Was that Manchester City match at Underhill in the League Cup your best ever performance given their Premier League quality? (Steve McMahon, Peter Beagrie, Niall Quinn among many other great players at the time). You were unbeatable that night!
Top two on the list mate, third one already been asked :)
MCB

I seem to remember you being made a 'life-president' or similar for the club as a thanks for everything you've done for us, but this seems to have faded from club history.

Whereas some of us think a statue should be built to you at the club!

Do you think that the club hasn't fully acknowledged in recent years everything you've done and everything you've given to Barnet FC over the years?
ninestein

I believe Sumo is still coaching goalkeepers, we saw him on the pitch at HT putting one on the Palace keepers through his paces a few seasons back. Would he ever consider a return to Barnet in any capacity if the opportunity arose, or are the fond memories best left as they are?
amberforever

Was the speed of attack noticeably any faster at the downhill end goal?
Absolute Legend Gary. !!
ninestein

What was the best bit of banter he ever experienced with opposing fans standing behind the goal?
tonbridgebee

MCB wrote:I seem to remember you being made a 'life-president' or similar for the club as a thanks for everything you've done for us, but this seems to have faded from club history.

Whereas some of us think a statue should be built to you at the club!

Do you think that the club hasn't fully acknowledged in recent years everything you've done and everything you've given to Barnet FC over the years?
On the list mate.
tonbridgebee

ninestein wrote:I believe Sumo is still coaching goalkeepers, we saw him on the pitch at HT putting one on the Palace keepers through his paces a few seasons back. Would he ever consider a return to Barnet in any capacity if the opportunity arose, or are the fond memories best left as they are?
Both of yours on the list.