Jack Taylor signs for Posh

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mcleod23

Re: Jack Taylor signs for Posh

Who are the Tony Finnegan's players out of interest? Who does he currently have on his books, both Barnet and other clubs?
tomrose72

I would rather we took our time over how we spend this money rather than a panic buy now and spend it recklessly in hopes of a promotion push this year.

Not saying we shouldn't be aiming for promotion this year but assuming we don't get promoted, the contracts from Still's signings will be up in the summer and we can reassess the team and, using the money, recruit more wisely.
MCB

mcleod23 wrote:Who are the Tony Finnegan's players out of interest? Who does he currently have on his books, both Barnet and other clubs?
His website isn't up to date....
Abu Tommy - Atlanta Silverbacks
Albert Adomah - Aston Villa & Ghana International
​Antonis Kyriazis - Unattached
Andre Blackman - Crawley Town
Aubrey David - PS Kemi & Trinidad & Tobago International
Isaiah Garcia - W Connection & Trinidad & Tobago U20 International
​Joevin Jones - Seattle Sounders - Trinidad & Tobago International Captain
Joonas Vahtera - VPS Finland
Jordy Delem - Seattle Sounders & Martinique International
Justin Amazulor - Barnet
Lamin Suma - Sacramento USL
Randell Williams - Crystal Palace
Ryan Gondoh - Colchester
Shawn McCoulsky - Bristol City
Soloman March - Brighton & Hove Albion
Taryk Sampson - Central FC & Trinidad & Tobago International

Some of our Former Clients:

Jason Puncheon
Junior lewis
Yannick Bolasie
Nicky Bailey
Jamal Campbell-Ryce
Izale Mcleod
Marlon King
​Anthony Achempong
Dan Sweeney
Norfolkbee

tomrose72 wrote:I would rather we took our time over how we spend this money rather than a panic buy now and spend it recklessly in hopes of a promotion push this year.

Not saying we shouldn't be aiming for promotion this year but assuming we don't get promoted, the contracts from Still's signings will be up in the summer and we can reassess the team and, using the money, recruit more wisely.
Signing a striker can hardly be seen as a "panic" measure as DC has been trying to bring in one all season - and apparently turning down candidates.
StephenM

tomrose72 wrote:I would rather we took our time over how we spend this money rather than a panic buy now and spend it recklessly in hopes of a promotion push this year.

That's if the money is there to be used, on crowds of 1000 the club is hardly profitable. Yes, I know The Hive brings in income but enough for the club to be cover all costs? Don't forget that we've been out of the Football League a few seasons now, parachute payments from there don't go on forever so that's another decreasing/lost income.
Beesting

At the end of the day if we invest in the right playing stuff then we will inevitably rise up the league which will then increase crowds, it's hardly rocket science.

What people cannot do is blame the stayaways for the reason, we need to be entertained with decent players playing decent football otherwise its not worth our precious time and money. End of
Si1970

My initial response was to feel completely gutted...

...but I’m sure I’m not the only one who watched Jack this season thinking, “How on earth have we managed to hold on to him?”

Good luck to the young man; let’s hope he does make the full Ireland squad.
northantsbee

Fylde have transfer listed Danny Rowe at the players request. Can't see him coming this far south and is attracting interest from Hartlepool
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Tuesds

northantsbee wrote:Fylde have transfer listed Danny Rowe at the players request. Can't see him coming this far south and is attracting interest from Hartlepool
The Fylde statement states explicitly that Rowe wants to leave because he wants to play at a ‘much higher level’. He could have been sold to a Conference Club at any time, but he’s gone on the transfer list now specifically due to the transfer window, i.e. in order that he can be sold to a league club.

He also went on the transfer list on the final day of the transfer window in late summer, because according to his then-manager Challinor he wanted to go to a league club and didn’t want to miss the chance if there was any interest from the league. I would be surprised if he made a sideways move to reunite with Challinor at Hartlepool at this stage.

Yes, he’ll stay in the conference if he has to, but I’d be very surprised if there weren’t a queue of League 2 clubs interested. And moving up the leagues while he can is clearly what he’s after.

Currie commented on Rowe in conversation with fans on Twitter the other night. I think he said he would be too expensive and doesn’t want to move south.
foxy

Remember we already have a new number 9 for next season, Alfie Pavey - who due to his unfortunate injury at Potters Bar will be like a brand new marque signing for the start of next season

Expect immediate improvements however to the wedding suite, as well as a new 2000 seated stand behind the goal (brought forward a year due to a sudden £500k windfall!)
wearebees

Nothing but praise for Jack in Currie's interview. Worth a listen. He's going to go on to big things, and we were lucky to have him. There's no way we were going to stand in his way. Good luck Jack!

https://youtu.be/NGzTz6LemyM
ETBee

I tried to find out how Jack played in his first Posh game but all I could find on their forum was that he "was fine". More discussion about how poor the game was and that they want Ferguson to leave. The fact that he played for 90 minutes shows he'll be OK at that level.
tpBEE

They have a 2nd forum where it was said that...

"Jack Taylor the best player on the pitch."

Seems he should be fine with the step up...
northantsbee

foxy wrote:Expect immediate improvements however to the wedding suite, as well as a new 2000 seated stand behind the goal (brought forward a year due to a sudden £500k windfall!)
What's the point of a 2,000 seated stand when the fan base is dwindling at a rather alarming rate, It'll be closed more often than not... unless TK is expecting Tottenham Ladies to start attracting bigger gates.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Mikel Bee

northantsbee wrote:
foxy wrote:Expect immediate improvements however to the wedding suite, as well as a new 2000 seated stand behind the goal (brought forward a year due to a sudden £500k windfall!)
What's the point of a 2,000 seated stand when the fan base is dwindling at a rather alarming rate, It'll be closed more often than not... unless TK is expecting Tottenham Ladies to start attracting bigger gates.
Might be more about the revenue generating potential by new commercial space within the stand. The extra capacity is a bonus building for the future. If it generates money and that is reinvested within the team then it can't be a bad thing for the long term.