Fleetwood (Hive) The Match Thread with Dreams of a Cup Run

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Fleetwood (Hive) The Match Thread with Dreams of a Cup Run

So.… Sunday sees the bees return to cup action against the financially doped Fleetwood Town, currently riding high in League One.

After Barnet decided to postpone the Staines match to protect the Hive pitch, following inclement weather and damage over the weekend, our injury ravaged squad will have been given a full week to prepare for this fixture. This is not the first time that the club have prioritised the cup over other competitions but I have decided not to expend any energy over this humorously late postponement, as far as I am concerned yesterday's gone.

After we finally broke the chain of poor results with a win versus Chorley FC there will be more confidence in the camp and the hope is that we stop Fleetwood from achieving a landslide win.

In terms of our team situation as far as I am aware the following players are unavailable: Santos, Sweeney, Sparkes, Hernandez, Box (L), Adams, Coulthirst, Pavey.

Clearly the most acute issue is the lack of available strikers, but I hope Currie will see fit to deploy a suitably positive team and formation to try and get a result on the day.

I would go:-

----------------------------------Loach---------------------------

-----------H. Taylor----------Reynolds---------Johnson------

--Vilhete---------------------------------------------Tutonda--

--------------Elito-------------Dunne--------J. Taylor---------

------------Mason-Clarke-----Walker---------------------------

Sub: Matrevics, Tompkins, Alexander, Fonguck, Vasilou, Boucaud, Akinola

I am travelling to the game from Great Yarmouth I did try and get a lift from my parents but they told me to go my own way!

COYB's :ohlord:
hoppy

Re: Fleetwood (Hive) The Match Thread with Dreams of a Cup R

Your subtle comments nearly went Over My Head, Bee_Forever.
adher36

Oh God, our rookie manager can't even organize our defence with Santos and Sweeney in it, so for them to both be out is a big loss.

Will be a tricky task to get through to the second round considering we struggled to break down a team two leagues below us over the course of two matches.
MCB

Santos and Sweeney out?! That confirmed?

Just a note to say we've better FA Cup Pedigree than Fleetwood, they've never made the 4th round.

Not that it means anything!
antbfc

struggling to get motivated to go along to this to witness another turgid display...

come on barnet prove me wrong!
BeeinBristol

Would just like to mention that for those of you who want to combine a rememberance day service & the match, the RAF museum at Hendon is holding one. ( see website for details)
Psycho

I see Joey Barton was at Sheffield Magistrates Court today. Referred to a Crown Court next year.

"What do you call a Scouser in court? At home"

It would be quite humorous to have a terrace chant aimed at him on Sunday "You're supposed to be inside!" if it all kicks off. :laugh:
becbee

To be honest, I hope we completely ignore Joey Barton (and Ched Evans) on Sunday.
I remember the horrible chants aimed at Marlon King by some of our fans at the Birmingham City v Barnet Carling Cup tie and the unnerving post match repercussions. I'd not want to risk that again.
letchbee94

Ched was found to be innocent anyway?
ETBee

Trouble with a 12.45 kick off is that I'll be in The Mitre by 3.30 so that means over 8 hours drinking instead of the usual 6!
JOHNBFC

Jack Taylor on international break again after this match.
Psycho

letchbee94 wrote:Ched was found to be innocent anyway?
He was, Chris, so I'm not going to comment on him. He's served his time and deserves another chance. And the last thing this forum needs is libel.

Joey Barton on the other hand.........I think he's just a pantomime villain where trouble has always followed him. I've lost count on the number of incidents he's been involved in.

Having said all that, it's about us on the pitch as a non-league side. No pressure. A good atmosphere could inspire the players. 12.45pm is ridiculous though after Remembrance Sunday tributes.
pgbee

Psycho wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:Ched was found to be innocent anyway?
He was, Chris, so I'm not going to comment on him. He's served his time and deserves another chance. And the last thing this forum needs is libel.

Joey Barton on the other hand.........I think he's just a pantomime villain where trouble has always followed him. I've lost count on the number of incidents he's been involved in.

Having said all that, it's about us on the pitch as a non-league side. No pressure. A good atmosphere could inspire the players. 12.45pm is ridiculous though after Remembrance Sunday tributes.
An atmosphere would be a start, a good atmosphere can only be dreamt of for Sunday, stupid ko time. People need to write to FA / BBC and complain otherwise they think all is good.
Reckless

Was the Staines game postponed to rest the players and to protect the pitch for the visit of Fleetwood or were they just Rumours?
pgbee

Doubt it'll be hot enough on Sunday for a Mirage....