Chairman's Q&A

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Edd1

Re: Chairman's Q&A

I've emailed mine in.

Tony

Over the last year we’ve had a couple of occasions in the form of games against Brentford and Potters Bar where tickets have gone on sale only to personal callers at the Hive. While I understand that these were both in situations where the game was arranged at short notice it is nevertheless difficult for many fans to get there. I personally travel from Cambridge to games and I know that others travel even further.

In future in such situations is it possible to offer the option of sending them by special delivery, with of course the recipient paying the cost and accepting that if the ticket goes missing in the post then tough? I would certainly appreciate it and I am sure many others would as well.
hoofer2

Edd1 wrote:I've emailed mine in.

Tony

Over the last year we’ve had a couple of occasions in the form of games against Brentford and Potters Bar where tickets have gone on sale only to personal callers at the Hive. While I understand that these were both in situations where the game was arranged at short notice it is nevertheless difficult for many fans to get there. I personally travel from Cambridge to games and I know that others travel even further.

In future in such situations is it possible to offer the option of sending them by special delivery, with of course the recipient paying the cost and accepting that if the ticket goes missing in the post then tough? I would certainly appreciate it and I am sure many others would as well.
This is the only question I'd ask. I think we have got a lot right since end of last season: early kit release; good standard of PSFs; early confirmation of prices; improving team; good to watch more often than not; manager who is a Barnet man; competition in squad for places.

Yes there is the continual discussion about beer, but service in tea bars is great now, and Legends is an awesome communal space for a Non-League club.

The fact we have almost reached November and there have been no real complaints other than a suggestion that TK has set a low playing budget (given number of players signed for fees in recent seasons not sure this has any foundation) shows we are getting most things right compared to previous seasons.
Last edited by hoofer2 on 24 Oct 2019, 08:54, edited 1 time in total.
Mem Beespod

I don’t understand why members don’t have their own section on the website to be able to purchase tickets for big games like this. Like many I don’t live in north london anymore and getting to the Hive for the limited slots that are given are a proper pain in backside
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
b4life

Mr Smart wrote:I don’t understand why members don’t have their own section on the website to be able to purchase tickets for big games like this. Like many I don’t live in north london anymore and getting to the Hive for the limited slots that are given are a proper pain in backside
Very sensible idea, so won't go anywhere probably.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
b4life

My question

For years now we have suffered enormously from many first team players being injured, often long term. It must have severely hampered our ability to stay in the football league and even now hamper us in attempts to get promoted. Has consideration ever been made for an external independent review of why these injuries keep occurring and why we get so many? We have excellent training and medical facilities, apparently, so it must be very concerning that we get so many injuries?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
hoppy

I asked for an update on the building of the South Stand.
hoofer2

hoppy wrote:I asked for an update on the building of the South Stand.
+ the redevelopment plans for The Hive in general i.e. Multi-sports block etc.
MCB

Well it hasn't gone down well on BTID..... and to think this forum is known as 'moany barnet'...

I've got a few things i'd raise, problem is that if I raise them all, I won't get an answer, so if anyone else covers any of these points, let me know....

- Supporters Club: Lack of Supporters Trust/Club - would Tony be supportive of fans setting this up and engage with them (provide space for example) with the focus on improving fans experience and relationship between club & fans
- On The Ball: would the club engage with / look at joining the 104 other professional clubs working with @onthebaw to provide sanitary products for fans (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45262541) - especially considering the Hive hosts 2 womens pro clubs
- Explain what decisions are being made to close the terrace, and why it's left so late despite being predictable (what is the cost of opening it, how much does the club save, and what can be done to reduce closing it)
- Again, catering, the provision of bottled beers, or being one of the zillions of clubs that work with local breweries (such as from the Barnet brewery) to produce an ale for the club - hell, even Hammerton would get involved.
- Has there been a thorough investigation as to why our injury rates are consistently far higher than other clubs?!

I'll add to this as I go along....
becbee

My 2 questions are very simple.

1. When is the scoreboard in the East Stand going to be repaired? The Legends Stand is the one where most people sit but it's not easy to have to keep turning your neck to see it.

2. When will there be some stock in the Club Shop? Apart from kit, autograph books and mugs? I am in need of a new car sticker and mini kit, also no point in hoping for new fans when we don't even have any scarves in the shop. Etc.
StephenM

becbee wrote:My 2 questions are very simple.

1. When is the scoreboard in the East Stand going to be repaired? The Legends Stand is the one where most people sit but it's not easy to have to keep turning your neck to see it.

2. When will there be some stock in the Club Shop? Apart from kit, autograph books and mugs? I am in need of a new car sticker and mini kit, also no point in hoping for new fans when we don't even have any scarves in the shop. Etc.
Regarding repairs, you should have added in that one of the floodlights has a bulb that's blown, and its driving RichardM mad.
talldarkslim

I accept the club is run well and is financially sound. However on the pitch we are going nowhere. In recent times we were playing Bristol Rovers, Lincoln and others. These clubs have progressed and we are stuck in the middle of the tin pot league. There seems little desire to take this club to a higher level hence the reason for the falling crowds. I do not remember the last time I elected not to go to a home game but that happened on Tuesday night.
john dockers shorts

I've highlighted how disconnected we are as a fan base, putting aside performance on the pitch which often determines our mood in the short term. More about the continuous own goals the club scores which just chips away at that 'feel good factor' we crave.

Its for TK to acknowledge this and be aware.

I've suggested that he makes himself more visible in the stadium on match day be it in the bar or stands etc

Build bridges is the message!
alexbach

MCB wrote:Well it hasn't gone down well on BTID..... and to think this forum is known as 'moany barnet'...

I've got a few things i'd raise, problem is that if I raise them all, I won't get an answer, so if anyone else covers any of these points, let me know....

- Supporters Club: Lack of Supporters Trust/Club - would Tony be supportive of fans setting this up and engage with them (provide space for example) with the focus on improving fans experience and relationship between club & fans
-
some decent questions- surely john paul patrick set the bar high by asking if the Chairman was basing his beard on Village
Definitely a zztop connection- sharp dressed men the pair of em- well one at least
unlike Barnet til whoops apocalypse to be negative

I'll add to this as I go along....
John_c

john dockers shorts wrote:I've highlighted how disconnected we are as a fan base, putting aside performance on the pitch which often determines our mood in the short term. More about the continuous own goals the club scores which just chips away at that 'feel good factor' we crave.

Its for TK to acknowledge this and be aware.

I've suggested that he makes himself more visible in the stadium on match day be it in the bar or stands etc

Build bridges is the message!
Maybe if the BTID guys stopped with the veiled threats he might think more about doing that.

Oh and accusing him of money laundering. That as well.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player