Chairman's Q&A

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
beew

Re: Chairman's Q&A

My question is....

As the King George V playing fields is being developed as a new sporting hub for Barnet Council, did we get any option to use this site to build a new stadium, and if so what was the response of the council.

If we moved into this new site, they'd be plenty of space to turn over our complex to accommodate everything Barnet wanted to achieve in their plans and budget.
JOHNBFC

When are the next set of questions coming out? Nearly a week since the last ones.
letchbee94

JOHNBFC wrote:When are the next set of questions coming out? Nearly a week since the last ones.
Not as long as since our last win in the league though.

That's what I'm more interested in, as is TK I would think.
JOHNBFC

Of course the football is more important, I was just enquiring.
Josh SKywalker

letchbee94 wrote:
JOHNBFC wrote:When are the next set of questions coming out? Nearly a week since the last ones.
Not as long as since our last win in the league though.

That's what I'm more interested in, as is TK I would think.
Floating around mid table is hardly going to stop him answering some questions during the week.
Josh SKywalker

beew wrote:My question is....

As the King George V playing fields is being developed as a new sporting hub for Barnet Council, did we get any option to use this site to build a new stadium, and if so what was the response of the council.

If we moved into this new site, they'd be plenty of space to turn over our complex to accommodate everything Barnet wanted to achieve in their plans and budget.
Only TK knows the complete truth about staying in Barnet, I don't feel like we'd ever get a completely honest answer about this.
Bee_Forever

15. Forget the stadium for a moment and The Hive site. Is it fair to say you have failed with regards to matters on the pitch? In all the years you have been our Chairman, all we are is a yoyo team and never been close to League 1. What can you do to prove to supporters (those left) that you care about the football side and not just the other money making areas around the Hive?

AAK. I remember us winning the Football Conference with Bristol Rovers finishing second and then both starting the following season with a home crowd of 1,600 versus theirs of 11,600!!! This is why we yoyo and unless supporters get behind the team then the team will not improve.
You make your own luck in life and it’s about time we started to shout loud and proud if we want to get back to the Football League.
With regards the money making areas…..what do you think is paying for the football you watch week in week out!

What a condescending answer. Not saying he is wrong but still there is a way to respond. He also seems to conflate getting behind the team and being "loud and proud" with levels of attendance.

Much as I dislike what happened with the trust, I also think his answer as to why the supporter/club relationship broke down is disingenuous and places far too much blame on those involved.

Having been a member of the SLG while the meetings have been generally positive and we got involved in a supporter issue to achieve a satisfactory outcome, we were not consulted about Halifax last season, Fylde this season or the Brentford ticket fiasco and it is that lack of engagement which has harmed the effectiveness of the SLG.
MCB

Bee Forever - does the SLG still meet? I got the feeling it had died off?
#Beebot

Bee_Forever wrote:15. Forget the stadium for a moment and The Hive site. Is it fair to say you have failed with regards to matters on the pitch? In all the years you have been our Chairman, all we are is a yoyo team and never been close to League 1. What can you do to prove to supporters (those left) that you care about the football side and not just the other money making areas around the Hive?

AAK. I remember us winning the Football Conference with Bristol Rovers finishing second and then both starting the following season with a home crowd of 1,600 versus theirs of 11,600!!! This is why we yoyo and unless supporters get behind the team then the team will not improve.
You make your own luck in life and it’s about time we started to shout loud and proud if we want to get back to the Football League.
With regards the money making areas…..what do you think is paying for the football you watch week in week out!

What a condescending answer. Not saying he is wrong but still there is a way to respond. He also seems to conflate getting behind the team and being "loud and proud" with levels of attendance.

Much as I dislike what happened with the trust, I also think his answer as to why the supporter/club relationship broke down is disingenuous and places far too much blame on those involved.

Having been a member of the SLG while the meetings have been generally positive and we got involved in a supporter issue to achieve a satisfactory outcome, we were not consulted about Halifax last season, Fylde this season or the Brentford ticket fiasco and it is that lack of engagement which has harmed the effectiveness of the SLG.
The money is there and has been for some time. The utilisation of it has been atrocious.

It's disingenuous to blame attendances.
Bee_Forever

MCB wrote:Bee Forever - does the SLG still meet? I got the feeling it had died off?
Not met since last season. Dormant I would say.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
MCB

Bee_Forever wrote:
MCB wrote:Bee Forever - does the SLG still meet? I got the feeling it had died off?

Viva la New Barnet FC Supporters Group!

I've asked the question as to whether he will support one (primarily that doesn't have the toxicity of the move or the trust hanging over it, be interesting to see his response).
letchbee94

JOHNBFC wrote:Of course the football is more important, I was just enquiring.
Yeah fair point and fair question, did not mean to sound like having a pop at you.
letchbee94

Bee_Forever wrote:

That the problem and TK admitted himself in 1 of the questions that there does seem to be a divide between club and fans now.

I reckon though if Eddie asked TK for a meeting then TK would be more than happy to meet up.
Psycho

If only the referee hadn't have bottled it against Colchester in the League Two play-offs in 1998. I've never seen such a clear cut penalty on Dean Samuels. Of course, we still would have had to score it but we would have gone through if Paul Wilson had netted, on away goals.

Torquay were nothing special apart from Rodney Jack. We would have beaten them in the final. I'm confident about that. So we have got close to League One even though it was such a long time ago.
Norfolk & Chance

I'm pretty sure we had a season in the 2nd division (League 1 equivalent).
Not a happy one granted but I celebrated that first point of the season like it was a win.