Big John Akinde

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Patel89

Big John Akinde

Just a thread to discuss his current situation at Lincoln

Surely he can't be to happy sat on the bench week after week?

Would he consider a loan move in January obviously not to us but maybe back in L2?

Interesting as he was the leading scorer there last year - Is L2 his max level?
Ajtheone04

Re: Big John Akinde

Maybe his donwfall was his loyalty?
He stayed with us when we got relegated even though he was one of the highest scorers and now age might have started to catch up with him a bit.
I know he's barley 30 but your physicality is what you lose first and that's a large portion of his game
finchleyman

He has scored 17 goals for Lincoln in 41 appearances. He left us on a freebie and probably signed a two year contract with Lincoln in July 2018 on a fairly high wage.

He could go out on loan but there are probably not many clubs in the lower leagues that can afford him. Towards the end of his career at Barnet he seemed to have slowed down a bit (maybe he just wasn't motivated).

I suspect his next move will be back to the Conference but not until next year.
jerroll

finchleyman wrote:He has scored 17 goals for Lincoln in 41 appearances. He left us on a freebie and probably signed a two year contract with Lincoln in July 2018 on a fairly high wage.

He could go out on loan but there are probably not many clubs in the lower leagues that can afford him. Towards the end of his career at Barnet he seemed to have slowed down a bit (maybe he just wasn't motivated).

We sold him for a undisclosed fee - certainly wasn't a free transfer and it was a 3 year contract.
MCB

jerroll wrote:
finchleyman wrote:He has scored 17 goals for Lincoln in 41 appearances. He left us on a freebie and probably signed a two year contract with Lincoln in July 2018 on a fairly high wage.

We sold him for a undisclosed fee - certainly wasn't a free transfer and it was a 3 year contract.
Which Lincoln City reported as being over £150,000, and he scored 17 goals last season in League 2.

His last season with us he only played 32 games due to injuries - no surprise he looked like he was slowing down.

No way he'll be in the conference next season.
Patel89

MCB is correct

Lincoln announced it was their record transfer when he signed it was no way a free you can go and watch his first interview's at lincoln to confirm this
Ajtheone04

jerroll wrote:

Correct me if I've used this wrong but did you just get JEROLLED
finchleyman

Well and truly Jerolled.
MCB

Big Matt Rhead has just been released as Billericay's belt tightening continues.

Can I be the first to say - no thanks. 1 in 9 strike rate, 35 years old.
king45bee

A friend who knows an agent said he is on region of 9k per week can't believe they pay that much in league 1 but good luck to Sir John if they are

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Norfolkbee

MCB wrote:Big Matt Rhead has just been released as Billericay's belt tightening continues.

Can I be the first to say - no thanks. 1 in 9 strike rate, 35 years old.
He will simply find another club in the Midlands, probably on less money, but without the travelling.
Patel89

Sorry but this forum does make me laugh sometimes

Bollocks is JA earning that much

anyone with a semi brain of a accountant can look on Companies house and work it out

he's on tops just shy of 4k

stop the nonsense 9k really guys be realistic

fucking longstaff at newcastle the main brother is on 10k per week the new brother is on £850

Adrian at LFC is on 16k a week plus a £10k appearance fee that he has been miliking in Allison's injury
becbee

Company accounts do not give individual player details and in any case won't give up to date details. In Lincoln's case, the most recent submitted are to 30/06/18 ie don't cover this or last season.
Unless you operate the pay roll at Lincoln City or have hacked into his bank account, you have no more idea of what his pay is than the rest of us do.
And what have "f***ing Langstaff and the new brother" or the Liverpool reserve goalkeeper have to do with what a wholly unconnected L1 club pays their players?
Patel89

Ok no problem understood - fair response

however there is no way that JA is earning 9k per week at Lincoln my opinion that I am entitled to not a fact granted!