FA Cup Draw

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
#Beebot

Re: FA Cup Draw

pgbee wrote:I maybe wrong here,but I believe the bye should have been drawn first as then everyone had an equal chance of getting it whereas leaving it to last meant those drawn out obviously couldn't get it. That is why I believe in gaming law , things like 100 Clubs should be drawn in the order 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
But Chichester would have had an equal chance of being drawn at the start?

It's a completely random draw, everyone had an equal chance of getting the bye.
MCB

pgbee wrote:I maybe wrong here,but I believe the bye should have been drawn first as then everyone had an equal chance of getting it whereas leaving it to last meant those drawn out obviously couldn't get it. That is why I believe in gaming law , things like 100 Clubs should be drawn in the order 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
I am utterly confused by this - how did any team not have an equal chance of getting a bye? Can someone help me here? :?:

We're not in the initial televised FA Cup games - i'm sure Carlisle fans are overjoyed to have been picked!
BeeDeceived

Looks like the teams with the two furthest distances to travel have been placed on the Friday night and Monday night. Classic.
ninestein

Looks like we've missed the TV cut for this round. No mention of that Sunday Final Score programme as yet.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
letchbee94

BeeDeceived wrote:Looks like the teams with the two furthest distances to travel have been placed on the Friday night and Monday night. Classic.
Proof that money takes priority over supporters.
adher36

letchbee94 wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:Looks like the teams with the two furthest distances to travel have been placed on the Friday night and Monday night. Classic.
I disagree, it means that every Carlisle fan is able to watch the match and not just the couple of hundred who would have made the journey had it been a Saturday at 3 o'clock any way.
becbee

adher36 wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:
I disagree, it means that every Carlisle fan is able to watch the match and not just the couple of hundred who would have made the journey had it been a Saturday at 3 o'clock any way.
The point is being made is that there are 4 televised matches, the 2 with the furthest distances should have been the Sunday 12pm and 2.45pm. Far better for the travelling fans and makes no difference for their TV supporters.
Hayes & Yeading v Oxford are on an hour's drive apart, surely it would have made more sense for that to have been one of the evening fixtures?
letchbee94

adher36 wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:
Yes I agree with you are saying and I don't wanna get in a debate about fans who go and don't go to matches but this is not fair on the fans who go regardless of the time and location and will have to take a day off work and now might have to pay money out for a bed and breakfast due to not being able to get home.

Final point but yes it is good for Carlisle fans who cannot make or afford to travel to the game, also nice for younger Carlisle fans who will get the chance to watch their team on the tele (something that does not happen much for us fans at this level)
barnetjohn

#Beebot wrote:
But Chichester would have had an equal chance of being drawn at the start?

It's a completely random draw, everyone had an equal chance of getting the bye.
That's correct. Before a ball is drawn, every team has an equal chance of being the first ball out of the bag and every team has an equal chance of being last the team out of the bag.
amberforever

Don’t know why, no disrespect but Fleetwood doesn’t seem like a L1 draw?
Maybe it’s a distance thing.
#Beebot

amberforever wrote:Don’t know why, no disrespect but Fleetwood doesn’t seem like a L1 draw?
Or that they're a tinpot bankrolled club who are historically no bigger than Edgware Town?
beew

#Beebot wrote:
amberforever wrote:Don’t know why, no disrespect but Fleetwood doesn’t seem like a L1 draw?
Or that they're a tinpot bankrolled club who are historically no bigger than Edgware Town?
Last season Fleetwood away attendance averaged 145, so hardly a glamour tie for us.
#Beebot

beew wrote:
#Beebot wrote:
Last season Fleetwood away attendance averaged 145, so hardly a glamour tie for us.
They also took under 5k to Wembley for the playoff final a few years back.
MCB

Looking forward to beating Fleetwood, turning over a bog standard L2 team in the 2nd round and drawing Barrow away in the 3rd round.
becbee

MCB wrote:Looking forward to beating Fleetwood, turning over a bog standard L2 team in the 2nd round and drawing Barrow away in the 3rd round.
Barrow have already been knocked out, Solihull Moors beat them last Saturday.