Ebbsfleet (a) The Rain Station Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Ebbsfleet (a) The Rain Station Match Thread

#Beebot wrote:
BeeDeceived wrote:Ebbsfleet clearly in a bit of a false position and won’t be down there for too much longer I’m sure. Not a great performance but that’s football, there’s always another game. Only a third defeat of the season and we’d lost more than that at this stage last year and I can’t remember a reaction like this. Stick with it, this club will go nowhere if after every couple of bad results, everyone loses their shit.
Don't think Ebbsfleet are in a false position. They lost a lot of their best players over the summer and were many people's tip to go down.
They were a classic anti Barnet team, big, physical & broke up play all the time with niggly fouls just like Solihull will do on Saturday. We are fine against teams that back off and allow us to pass the ball around at the back & in midfield but struggle with these type of teams.
becbee

Barnetchris wrote:Those ‘fans’ that are “starting to turn” can’t be fans, I’ve got a great idea why don’t we just change the manager everytime we lose 2 games in a row after an unbeaten run, just glad they don’t support Man Utd then at the moment.
I don't think that's reasonable. There was very little comment made on here after the Halifax match because fans accepted that we tried but were eventually beaten by a better team.
That wasn't the case last night.
If you were at Ebbsfleet last night then you'd know why that performance was so unacceptable. If you weren't, then spare those of us who were the "fans" who are" starting to turn" bit.
And btw, I couldn't care less about Man Utd but they haven't lost 2 matches in a row once this season and I doubt they will play their strongest team tonight then get outplayed by Rochdale so your comparison makes no sense.
Barnetchris

I think my comment was very reasonable, what are the fans starting to turn against the manager, the club, the chairman, the players the burgers and chips !!?.
Roy57

Just listened to DC post match interview. He could not say anything else apart from shocking performance. We all know we have at least 4-5 players out injured who would be in his starting 11. Don't understand why players who originally we are told will be out for 4 weeks and 3 months later on some there still out.
We know DC is down to his 3rd of 4th choice left back. But that's what the loan system is there for even if for a month. As the young kid Hernandez is like a 12 year old been asked to make the numbers up in a 18 year old game at this level. Probably seven players had very poor games and rest had shockers which is just not acceptable. Wes went back to how he played far to many games last year. Just went missing. Could not get over how easy our players got pushed off the ball. There players were shouting at each other. Pushing each other on. Not heard a word from any of our players except Scott Loach. Players were bad but as mentioned DC has to take responsibility as well. 4231 is not only way to play. Need two up front not so far apart it was like one has contagious disease. Still totally behind DC but lot of thinking needed before sat. And to add. Don't understand why Jack Barham has not or is not given a chance in place of J Walker.
Last edited by Roy57 on 25 Sep 2019, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
WinchyBee

In Currie we trust, so many games to get going again, COYB.
ninestein

I would like to remind everyone doubting DC that we had a similar patch last year. The honeymoon period of the FA Cup era was great just after he came in, then when it came to the bread and butter of the league we got into a rut. The fact is, DC found a way to pick us up out of it. Other managers in the past struggled to do that when things got a bit sticky. Like the man says, losing that game after the Halifax defeat now puts pressure on the next fixture. I'm interested to see what pool of players we have to pick from this Saturday, as DC did say that there could be more coming back. We do need an enforcer protecting that back 4. Especially against a direct side like Solihull. Would be a massive boost if we could get Sweeney back in there.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
mcleod23

becbee wrote:
Barnetchris wrote:Those ‘fans’ that are “starting to turn” can’t be fans, I’ve got a great idea why don’t we just change the manager everytime we lose 2 games in a row after an unbeaten run, just glad they don’t support Man Utd then at the moment.
I don't think that's reasonable. There was very little comment made on here after the Halifax match because fans accepted that we tried but were eventually beaten by a better team.
That wasn't the case last night.
If you were at Ebbsfleet last night then you'd know why that performance was so unacceptable. If you weren't, then spare those of us who were the "fans" who are" starting to turn" bit.
And btw, I couldn't care less about Man Utd but they haven't lost 2 matches in a row once this season and I doubt they will play their strongest team tonight then get outplayed by Rochdale so your comparison makes no sense.
Agreed if you were there last night you'd feel different. Yes we have injuries but a sign of a good manager is adapting and setting your side to get a point. Saturday we need to see something different if we are to get something.
barnet34

Our midfield was far too lightweight last night, without Adams, Sweeney, Dunne, Taylor, boucaud, Johnson, Tutonda all of whom could do a job there, it's not difficult to work out why we were so poor. These injury problems are becoming a joke, we can't finish 90 minutes without someone getting injured. who's turn was it last night? In view of this continuing saga it would be a crumb of comfort to have a regular update on the situation, as it is extremely frustrating getting to the game and realising there's another player missing that we didn't know about.
And any update we do get seems to be totally inaccurate, for example we were told that Sweeney would be back on grass at the beginning of September, thats nearly 4 weeks ago and yet we haven"t heard a word since. Not good enough.
Last edited by barnet34 on 25 Sep 2019, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
barnet_lad

Woefully shocking last night. What a waste of time and money.
moortownbee

Really poor last night, it was midway through the 2nd half before there keeper had a save to make.
Created next to nothing.

Midfield 5 got bullied and muscled out the game. Far to lightweight in midfield last night (I appreciate that's down to injuries).
Jack Taylor is wasted playing so deep again I realise this is down to injuries.

Ebbsfleet nothing special but did all the simple things well.

Hunted us down in pairs, closed us down early and broke with speed, whipped in decent crosses and looked Sharper.

We were very predestian in our play and showed little if any urgency.

Worryingly for me sitting behind the technical area I noticed DC and JL offered very little vocally the whole of the 2nd half.
LoudmouthBFC

Ebbsfleet United F.C. 3 v Banter F.C. 0 | No Football Intelligence! | GAMEDAY! Vlog! (24/09/19)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fXNbTflUiE
lemming3k

beew wrote:
lemming3k wrote:As it stands we've gained 2 points out of 9 against the bottom 4.
On the one hand I hope we're not playing Chorley any time soon. On the other we have one game in hand to get back in the playoffs. Bizarre.
The league is very poor this season. Shame we can’t take advantage but in reality we’re not good enough. Until we get rid of Still’s earners we’ll not really progress. I want to go into hibernation now and wake up next June ready for something exciting to happen.
It's a great opportunity for us and hopefully means others will drop points to those at the bottom.
Some of the teams up there now won't be at the end of the season and there's a long way to go. Keep pace with Yeovil and I think we could still snatch it but I'd take a playoff spot.

I fear though people will get on DCs back like they did with Rossi and create a downward spiral.
BeesKnees99

lemming3k wrote:
beew wrote:
lemming3k wrote:As it stands we've gained 2 points out of 9 against the bottom 4.
On the one hand I hope we're not playing Chorley any time soon. On the other we have one game in hand to get back in the playoffs. Bizarre.
The league is very poor this season. Shame we can’t take advantage but in reality we’re not good enough. Until we get rid of Still’s earners we’ll not really progress. I want to go into hibernation now and wake up next June ready for something exciting to happen.
It's a great opportunity for us and hopefully means others will drop points to those at the bottom.
Some of the teams up there now won't be at the end of the season and there's a long way to go. Keep pace with Yeovil and I think we could still snatch it but I'd take a playoff spot.

I fear though people will get on DCs back like they did with Rossi and create a downward spiral.
I do think we need to calm down. If things don’t improve over the next 5 games, with injured players returning, and DC making changes to the squad, then I think we have massive cause for concern.
Norfolkbee

We are down to the marrow inside the bare bones. We either need some of the injured first-teamers back pdq or bring in some experienced loanees.
king45bee

DC is the person to take us forward- it's a long old season so we need to give him the time. We are going to have performances like Tuesday so we need to accept that and move on and measure him at end of season.Still think Pavey will come good once he gets his first goal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk