Alfie Pavey Joins Barnet

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Bee_Forever

Alfie Pavey Joins Barnet

What a disappointing signing. I was expecting us to sign Akinde, Rowe or Aguero.

I know that he exactly fits the profile of striker we need but my mate had him on football manager and he said he was shit so I am taking his opinion much more seriously.

As for all those goals he was banging in last season in conference south pffft. If you want a really good example of how good a player is look at his first few games of professional football as an 18 year old...

Clearly Currie is lying when he said he had been chasing Alfie all summer and we have been left with the bargain basement again! He never even scored at underhill!

In all seriousness welcome to the club Alfie.

We have been crying out for a striker like you since we lost big john to Lincoln. A proper striker spearheading a proper promotion push.

COYB

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
MCB

Re: Alfie Pavey Joins Barnet

This is great. This is every Cheye Alexander cross ever. Alfie is someone to get on the end of them.
MCB

Also, what he can do on the floor...
StephenM

Bee_Forever wrote:I know that he exactly fits the profile of striker we need but my mate had him on football manager and he said he was shit so I am taking his opinion much more seriously.
Your mate is clueless, he scored over 30 league goals for Dover at our level on my save.
hoofer2

Yippee !!! - He can actually head the ball !!! That already adds a quality that none of our existing strikers excel in. Make some of the set pieces count - Solihull Moors were very strong at this.

It's ridiculous how some players do all they can not to head the ball when in 18 yard box.

Looks like he will be solid on the ball too and not pushed off easily around the 18 yard box. If he can hold ball up half as well
as Gash, will also bring in goal scoring centre midfielders - Jack Taylor, Wes Fonguck

Offers something different and will be interested to see how he plays. There is only one John Akinde,
and unfair to expect player to be exact replica.
amberforever

Here’s one then: when was the last time we scored in the league with a header?! Can’t think of it.
PBBee

amberforever wrote:Here’s one then: when was the last time we scored in the league with a header?! Can’t think of it.
Reynolds at Notts County?
buzzybants

amberforever wrote:Here’s one then: when was the last time we scored in the league with a header?! Can’t think of it.
Callum Reynolds vs Notts county I would say
buzzybants

Callum Reynolds vs Notts county I would say
amberforever

Ah Yes, of course. Be good to see a lot more tho.
Bee_Forever

I'm not sure but I think it was Reynolds with a header at county

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk