Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Re: Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

#Beebot wrote:
jerroll wrote:Maidenhead fans slaughtering BFC on twitter for closing the away end & moving them to the West and charging £22 - unfortunately the club loves to shoot its self in the foot by doing this, surely they should charge the standard away ticket price as it's not the individual Maidenhead supporters fault that they are due to have insufficient numbers to justify opening the end. I hope we aren't missing out on income from those who have now chosen not to attend due to this.
I also think the club is underestimating the away attendance. I'm expecting 200-250 from Maidenhead.
Not many away seats purchased yet. If they all turn up on the day without buying tickets in advance then the next problem will be queues at the ticket office and fans missing the kick off.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
wearebees

So the two weeks off has resulted in niggles, according to Currie. Wasn't the International break marketed as a rest/recovery?

Dunne confirmed out long term, but not as long as first feared.
Tuesds

Deeply demoralising pre-match interview with the manager uploaded by the club. We must be the only club who could arrange to have a two week break in the midst of an injury crisis, only for that injury crisis to get much worse by the time of the next bloody game.

Currie confirms that in addition to the long list of absentees we had going into this break, none of whom are ready to come back, we have two more players unavailable, and they are both facing long-term lay-offs. One of them is Dunne, whose projected time out is half of what was first feared but is still a (unspecified) considerable, and another unnamed player is out for 6-8 weeks.

Currie also sounds thoroughly deflated by the small turnout at the supporters day last weekend.

Not very cheerful watching, I’m afraid... https://youtu.be/uFYyCDSfoCI
king45bee

They seemed like a thirsty bunch last week so bar service issues may come up again

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
LoudmouthBFC

Watching DC interview about the game tomorrow. Little dig at fans not coming to the open day. That won't get them on your side. He still doesn't tell us who is out injured long term who is close to being back.
#Beebot

Ravaged by injuries? Check.
Poor attendances? Check.
Manager in a state of despair? Check.

It's been a broken record for 2.5 years now. I'm convinced that there's nothing in the Currie to Southend rumour, if only because if it were true he'd have surely bolted by now. Currie makes mistakes like all young managers do, but he's offering us far more than we're offering him.
#Beebot

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Watching DC interview about the game tomorrow. Little dig at fans not coming to the open day. That won't get them on your side. He still doesn't tell us who is out injured long term who is close to being back.
He just sounds thoroughly fed up. I honestly think he isn't here for the long haul, and nor can I blame him.
#Beebot

I'm going for an 0-2 loss tomorrow. Maidenhead keep things very tight at the back. I suspect we'll play right into their hands and get caught on the counter, especially with their midfield 3 likely to bully ours with Dunne out.
PBBee

Now that was a depressing (yet honest as always) interview.

Sounds like another important player out for a few months then.

2 games a week now for 4 weeks too.
Tuesds

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Watching DC interview about the game tomorrow. Little dig at fans not coming to the open day. That won't get them on your side. He still doesn't tell us who is out injured long term who is close to being back.
I didn’t hear any dig at the fans for not turning up, just disappointment that they didn’t. Unlike the Boreham Wood owner’s recent statements through their website, for example, where he specifically criticises both the fans who don’t buy tickets and even those who have bought season tickets, and even refuses an invitation to thank the fans who have stuck by them. By contrast, Currie thanks those who did come and asks the fans to come along and get behind the team.

He could hardly have claimed that the day was a great success, when so few turned up!
becbee

I can understand why he's feeling fed up but that interview will not encourage fans through the turnstiles. He says that he wants to be honest, which is good - but not when it makes the floaters wonder whether it's worth bothering to turn up.
I will be there tomorrow but I am aware that had we been away I might have had second thoughts about going.

Also, if he wants to be honest with us, then he should give us an up to date injury report, rather than leave fans speculating.

As for the open day, I guess they are better done in the weeks before the season proper starts, with several weeks notice. Not when fans believe the team has a distant away fixture so make plans to do other things on that day. Regardless, there will always, at every club, be a majority of fans who, whilst acknowledging that social events are a great idea, simply won't be interested in participating themselves.
king45bee

Just booking Barrow makes me think twice about the 100 pounds or so will cost when see an interview like that. Barnet as the song goes seem to find sorry is the hardest word which is all most fans are after when fixtures get moved. Think DC is right person and was having one of those days at work we all have.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
LoudmouthBFC

#Beebot wrote:
He just sounds thoroughly fed up. I honestly think he isn't here for the long haul, and nor can I blame him.

No one is more fed up than us ''customers'' we have to witness it week in week out.
Reckless

I was pro moving ground and willing to accept THL to a large degree even though I had spent nearly 50 years going to Underhill every fortnight, the old girl was past it. However surely the attendance at this open day illustrates what the chairman must have taken into consideration when moving the club out of the Borough? We will never know how many would have turned up at Underhill but if quiz nights and PoY dooz and functions are any thing to go by ..............??
Last edited by Reckless on 13 Sep 2019, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Roy57

Surely supporters don't need a list of injured players as I would of imagined most of us know at least 95% of the players out unavailable. And DC is right in not letting on to anybody especially maidenhead of who or what players he has or not available to him. In this i am refering to the new absentee who through injury is now added to our growing list. Feel sorry for him and all coaches and players as they seem to be taking one step forward and then two back. Through know fault of there own. And he was right to feel disappointed at the turn out or non turn out on the open day. Sorry even through bad times of moving to the hive ( which we can know longer be use as a excuse ) 30 or so turn out is piss poor. Even at short notice as such. But would of thought supporters with kids would of enjoyed this day. And perhaps friends of there kids could of been introduced as possible new junior supporters.