Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Maidenhead (Hive) The Maid in Waiting Match Thread

Well, I for one would like to know who is injured, what the injury is and forecasted length of absence. Yes, I have an idea who is injured but in most cases I have no idea what's actually wrong with them or when we might expect to see them back. Players seem to just disappear from the squad and not return - or appear out of the blue then maybe disappear again.
Back in the Signy days we used to get an injury update every Thursday morning. I don't suppose our results were any worse then for doing that.
BeeDeceived

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Watching DC interview about the game tomorrow. Little dig at fans not coming to the open day. That won't get them on your side. He still doesn't tell us who is out injured long term who is close to being back.
No dig here, Loudmouth - sorry about that. He’s just frustrated, he’s clearly trying his hardest, nothing to read in to.
beew

Santos is my bet.
mcleod23

And still no striker. Absolute joke.
LoudmouthBFC

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I'm not anti Currie, even through it may come across as that.
letchbee94

LoudmouthBFC wrote:Watching DC interview about the game tomorrow. Little dig at fans not coming to the open day. That won't get them on your side. He still doesn't tell us who is out injured long term who is close to being back.
Just listened to the interview, though I do like how honest he is in interviews it was hardly the most uplifting thing to hear on the evening before a game.
I don't get why he could not tell us who the other injured players is?

Don't think DC was aiming to have a dig at fans but it did not come across to well the way he put it.

Win tomorrow afternoon and all will be good. COYBs
PBBee

beew wrote:Santos is my bet.
If so he’s surely all but done. Shame as a 1/2 fit Santos is still 1 of the best in the league
BeesKnees99

Demoralising interview and an equally depressing thread. Business as usual!
ninestein

Just watched the interview. I think DC's comments about the open training day are fair. He says he was disappointed with the turnout. In some respects, maybe those who did attend were a little embarrassed too. I don't think the interview came across as harsh, But i think it does prove a point that for a lot of us, it's such a ball-ache just to get to home games let alone an extra event, as much as it was a good idea.

Moving on to the injury situation, losing Dunne is a blow. It's anyone's guess as to who the other one is. I hope it's not Santos. However, there was a green shoot of hope in that interview which was that we are likely to see some players returning very shortly. Maybe before the month is out we'll see Sweeney and Mauro nurtured back in? If so, both are capable of lifting the crowd.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Ajtheone04

Logistically the open training session wasn't well planned
Too short notice as we have seen on this very forum and first weekend back at school when children just want to relax. At least they've learned for next time if there is one

Talking about injuries I think Currie needs to stop lying to the fans and just tell us the truth if player X is out of match for 2 months tell us that. Don't say an alternative milestone like when he'll be back in training
Dunne is a huge blow, could've easily seen him being the fernandinho of our team
Hopefully the other area is in a position where we have actual cover like elito or someone
But seriously I think the club should consider relaying the training pitches
Maybe instead of training they could just run on treadmills and watch match of the day as their tactical preparation with FIFA as match practice
Last edited by Ajtheone04 on 13 Sep 2019, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Guiseleybee

I’m furious with Currie’s dig about turnout at the open training. I’m sure anyone who is out of pocket after the Fylde fiasco would agree.

He’s shown absolutely no awareness to the fact that clearly quite a few fans lost money after the late Fylde postponement. So now as well as no apology or reply to fans on that, we get told this!!!

Currie’s finally learning the depth of discontent with many fans at this club. He needs to have a word to TK about all that and actually sign a striker before moaning again about lack of support.
MCB

I don't want DC caring about this shit.

Go coach the players, let someone else deal with this.
Tuesds

Ajtheone04 wrote: Talking about injuries I think Currie needs to stop lying to the fans and just tell us the truth if player X is out of match for 2 months tell us that. Don't say an alternative milestone like when he'll be back in training
Stop lying?! We used to have a manager, in Martin Allen, who occasionally said things about players’ availavability that were flat-out falsehoods. I don’t believe Currie has ever been caught in a lie about any players.

Yes, we should get more frequent injury updates, especially while we have so bloody many of them, but I think it’s unfair and incorrect to say that Currie lies to the fans.
Ajtheone04

Tuesds wrote:
Ajtheone04 wrote: Talking about injuries I think Currie needs to stop lying to the fans and just tell us the truth if player X is out of match for 2 months tell us that. Don't say an alternative milestone like when he'll be back in training
Stop lying?! We used to have a manager, in Martin Allen, who occasionally said things about players’ availavability that were flat-out falsehoods. I don’t believe Currie has ever been caught in a lie about any players.

Yes, we should get more frequent injury updates, especially while we have so bloody many of them, but I think it’s unfair and incorrect to say that Currie lies to the fans.
If he isn't lying to us what else is he doing because he's certainly not telling us the right injury times.
There's no way that virtually every injury he talks about worsens right after he gives the timeframe. I think the club should either be totally honest about injuries from the moment they happen or don't say them at all because it gives the other teams an advantage
jamesharpin1

This thread is so depressing. We have a game to win today. If we win today and Tuesday we will be in a great position in the table already. Need to play with intensity to get the result, Maidenhead have started well this season. COYB