What should DC be doing during the proroguing of the Hive?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ETBee

What should DC be doing during the proroguing of the Hive?

I should have started this a couple of weeks ago but....

DC and (most) of the team are having 2 weeks with no games so what do you think DC should be concentrating on during this period? That is apart from getting in a top striker, of course. I suggest:

Be positive from the start.
Getting the team to attack at speed and not come to a grinding halt when 10 yards inside the opposition half to have a think about what to do next.
Encourage and give permission for every player to shoot at goal as often as possible.
Practice shooting! I've noticed that many players, including ours, stand too upright or even lean back when shooting so the ball ends up in row Z. If you watch the best strikers, like Harry Kane and Ronaldo, they tend to bend forward slightly at the waist when taking a shot. Worth a try.
Get EMC to stop thinking that every time he gets the ball he must run at a defender and show how he can dribble past, and failing. He should use his pace to get past the defence and cross quickly.
Don't let Santos take free kicks until he can pass to our players, rather than theirs.
Decide on a role for Fonguck and focus on that.

etc etc
Mem Beespod

Re: What should DC be doing during the proroguing of the Hiv

Main thing for me is for the two wingers to make a decision either way to run in behind or come off the wing into the half spaces when our full backs are bringing the ball out of defence. So many times have I seen the full back dribble the ball and the winger just stand still in the space the FB would like to utilise and looking at each other confused!
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
ninestein

Get a few more players free of niggling injuries and in the right frame of mind to take on a hectic end to September where we will catch up on our games and potentially creep our way into the top 6 by the time a quarter of the season is gone.

Tactically i would like to think we find a way to hurt teams a bit more. We keep saying that possession has to have a purpose. The 2 weeks should provide ample opportunity to try out fresh ideas without matches getting in the way. Let's not forget that it's still only a one weekend break and a midweek less. Darren is not going to build Rome in that time, but it will help.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

Needs to work on the wingers to make them more effective and link up play with fullbacks. It's fashionable in football at the moment to make wingers switch wings every 10 to 15 minutes. however surely it's better to established strong partnerships on the pitch. In some matches I have seen a wing that has been very productive become impotent after a switch of wingers.

Similarly needs to work on continuity from midfield to attack so strikers can better anticipate where to receive the ball.

Players need to shoot on site more instead of doing that extra pass which passes on responsibility. Luton were so effective in National League because shots flew in from all over the pitch and kept teams on the back foot often just around 18 yard box.
John Hunt

Looking at property in Southend.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
MCB

It's alright, it's been cancelled. Back to training and preparing to whip Maidenhead on Saturday.
Nudger70

I’m hoping we don’t have to go through this in October aswell
mcleod23

Signing a No.9 - if we haven't been able to achieve this in a two week break, for me throws questions at the club over its ambition to actually do anything this season.

Injured players (plenty of them)
BeesKnees99

hoofer2 wrote: Players need to shoot on site more instead of doing that extra pass which passes on responsibility. Luton were so effective in National League because shots flew in from all over the pitch and kept teams on the back foot often just around 18 yard box.
Forgiving the egregious spelling error (shoot on *sight*), I have been thinking the same thing.

Jack Taylor is the seemingly only one who has the confidence to have a crack from outside the box, and he’s already bagged two peaches this season.

We just don’t take enough shots. It’s so frustrating trying to watch us walk it in every time, and keep playing it out wide, because our threat from crosses without a big no. 9 is minimal.

I don’t care if we sky some of them, just have a crack - the keepers in this league aren’t that good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hoofer2

beesknees99 wrote:
hoofer2 wrote: Players need to shoot on site more instead of doing that extra pass which passes on responsibility. Luton were so effective in National League because shots flew in from all over the pitch and kept teams on the back foot often just around 18 yard box.
Forgiving the egregious spelling error (shoot on *sight*), I have been thinking the same thing.

Jack Taylor is the seemingly only one who has the confidence to have a crack from outside the box, and he’s already bagged two peaches this season.

We just don’t take enough shots. It’s so frustrating trying to watch us walk it in every time, and keep playing it out wide, because our threat from crosses without a big no. 9 is minimal.

I don’t care if we sky some of them, just have a crack - the keepers in this league aren’t that good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aren't you important? We have ourselves a self appointed doctrinaire. A slip of the Smartphone predictive subbed the wrong word at time posting.